It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues to Know *Just Before* SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Are you watching for any special clues that might give way to something just before it happens? What kind of signs do you think there will be?

Are you watching for orange barrels and cones and heavy equipment moving into areas near expressways or major intersections...in case of a road block coming?

Are you observing increased air traffic?

Are you watching stocks and wall street?

Do you notice changes in any procedures of routine, however slight? (Like new bank regulations on withdrawals?)

Do you just depend on reading your daily horoscope?

What would tip you off that the S is about to HTF?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well the S has already hit the fan, it's just that it has not splattered back on those that threw it yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I really don't expect anything to happen anytime soon, there is really no sort of aggressive behavior I've seen in this country besides one or two people making the tabloids.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It would only make sense that the first thing to happen would be that communications would go down: no phone service, no internet. That would probably all be disguised under a general blackout of the powergrid.
There might also be an increase in military air traffic in the preceding 24-48 hours as assets get into position.
Given the size of the US nobody could bring martial law down on the entire nation, only selected parts of it. My suspicion is that they would probably concoct some story about a pandemic disease and stress the idea of how contagious it is to keep people from moving about. They would probably declare this a biowarfare attack by either terrorist groups or a foreign nation.
Aside from an economic collapse this is how I think they would begin the process of instituting martial law. Those who pay attention will probably have at least a day to get to somewhere else should they feel it necessary.

Of course nothing can replace a certain amount of preparation -

Always keep your gas tank topped off
Have extra food and water at home (1 or 2 months worth minimum)
Have a bug out bag in your home and one in your car.
Always have a firearm handy in your home and car.
Get a concealed carry permit, this will allow you to always be armed (only costs you about a $150 TOPS, why not do it?, ps - it's actually quite easy to get.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Stock and the breaking news sources are generally my barometers for how things are doing, if I check the market an hour after opening and its pushing 500 or more points below open then I might bring an extra 'bag' with me to work, if its sporting a drop of 4 digits then I might just take the day off and double check the gear at home.

I also have a network of friends in places where its easy to notice a change in government posture, so if they zip me a text, call or show up on my door step with ruck sack in hand then I know something is going south.

The ultimate alert I would think would be rationing of food and lines that extend outside of the local food shops, that would probably encourage me to drop what I'm doing and go to the BoL post-haste!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be cute here - Great thread by the way - God has brought me this far and God will bring me through (We are confident that God will provide us notice so that we may be out of harms way well in advance of the coming storm). At least among my affiliates we are noticing a posturing taking place among us. We liken it to Pawns being positioned on a chess board.

Being Christian does not mean cowering in a church waiting for the second coming in our case.

This thread could easily serve as an early warning and intelligence gathering thread - I wish you well.

S+F

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have a couple economic websites I keep an eye on. Same as Helig, 3 digit drop is an alert. I'm also keeping an eye on food prices to gauge inflation. I also have acquaintances in gov't positions so I may have a bit of warning.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It really depends on what flavour of brown stuff is going to hit which fan.

I think for the every day wide public by far the most likely danger you will have to face will be civil unrest - riots, looting, massive increase of violent crimes... You know all the good wholesome fun...

I suppose early indicators for that sort of thing (providing of course it's not triggered by a total blideside like a massive earthquake or something) would be rises in unemployment, general short temper - keeping your eyes open as you walk through crowded public places could give you a base line, then any rise could be noticed... Maybe the panic buying of fuel and food - but that a later indicator... Cancellations of public events, higher visibility policing and/or military (depending on your area). - Just the general tone of life becoming more tense... Problem is most of that stuff is very subjective and you could turn your self into a nervous wreak!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Good thoughts - I agree wholeheartedly with you !

A good heads up for when to toss caution and run like the wind.....

All those "This is a test....... " testomercials that break in your normal
television viewing with that annoying beep-beep-beep- .........
This is only a test........ had it been an actual emergency.........

...... will change to "This is not a test..........this is an actual emergency...."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Internet outage is a big one. Whether it's a false flag attack, a major cover-up, or even an outright attempt to enslave the nation, the internet is a HUGE threat to TPTB. They do NOT want us talking to each other - they want us kept ignorant and reliant on the MSM for our information. Yuk.

When we lose the ability to communicate instantly with each other, share news, or hold discussions like this one, then I know something major is afoot.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Internet outage is a big one.

1000's of stars my friend.

When they want to start the fire, they will shut down all forms of communication.
THAT will be the spark heard around the world.

But, other than that, when shelves start clearing at Walmart, never to be filled again, and the price of commodities shoots to the moon...

Electricity, water rates hiked beyond normal, taxes beyond reason...

I will be looking for those.

Although, I believe it will be a slowww process.
So TPTB don't disrupt the normal, everyday American lifestyle.

I don't think anyone can imagine what is really going to happen.

The chaos and havoc (pun intended) that ensues will be exponential.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Not sure about the "Mahdi" showing up at the spring equinox, but it sure sound's like their version of the anti-christ ( Dajjal ) could be showing up any day now, according to this description of what precede's his arrival.... This could be a good sign of what is coming before the SHTF

Signs of his coming
The following are signs of the forthcoming of Dajjal:[5]

People will stop offering the prayers
Dishonesty will be the way of life
Falsehood will become a virtue
People will mortgage their faith for worldly gains
Usury and bribery will become legitimate
Imbeciles would rule over the wise
innocents would be burned by smokeless fire
Pride will be taken on acts of oppression
The rulers will be corrupt
The scholars will be hypocrites
Adultery will be rampant
Women will dress like men and men will dress like women
The liars and treacherous will be respected
There will be acute famine at the time

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What about "high profile" people leaving the area?
Didn't that happen a day or two before 911?
Can someone recap that event of how those people were notified to leave and they all went in different directions?

How could we keep tabs on high profile people to know if they are all suddenly leaving town at the same time?

Wasn't there a celebrity cam site at one time that used to track the stars?

Not that Hollywooders would get that kind of info, but what types do you think would be the ones to get the "heads up alert"?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Unfortunately, I liken us to the frog in the boiling water. We've been in the water for some time now and they've been turning it up slowly, it's just not enough for us to start cooking just yet. You can tell the waters boiling around you when a lot of the major east coast cities start to loose their communication with the west coast and you start hearing of "strange circumstances". After that, it'll be just one sudden movement once they have got a solid foot hold on the east; that way they just have to focus on the one side. We ofcourse, will know that the water is gettin way to hot and it's time for us to get out before we're cooked.Once, we're out of the water though they will be trying to get us back in and we will have 2 choices: get cooked or become the chef...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good thread. I'm wondering if a sudden drop in the price of commodities (manipulated by TPTB) or extra large supplies of food in food banks might portend of the government knowing something is about to hit the fan. I think someone with a full belly and better yet - beer or vodka is less likely to riot and get violent.

Does anyone hear remember back in the 80's some Siberian province was cut off from supplies because of some major landslide? The government began flying in food supplies...but the people rioted when there was no vodka or cigarettes so the government began shipping emergency supplies of those things in too.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ChrisCrikey]
edited for spelling, again!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by Curio
Internet outage is a big one.

1000's of stars my friend.

When they want to start the fire, they will shut down all forms of communication.
THAT will be the spark heard around the world.

OMG! I just realized how right the two of you are! Listen to this:

When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. (Rev. 8:1)

Lost communications! That is the silence it is referring to!

Stars for both of you!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As noted, when the Internet is attacked, and trust me it will be soon, it's when I'm starting my journey. Don't know exactly where I'm going to go and what I'm going to do, but I'll be survivin'.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
As noted, when the Internet is attacked, and trust me it will be soon, it's when I'm starting my journey. Don't know exactly where I'm going to go and what I'm going to do, but I'll be survivin'.

I suggest you start keeping up with the traffic alerts in your state and surrounding states. Most states have a website and they announce bridge and freeway closings a day or two in advance. I believe the NLE exercises last year were centered around the theme of "mass migration". hmmmm.....

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I happened to be on a trip and I met a firefighter from San fransisco, he is now a Firechief and he witnessed the Earthquake event in the 1980's (i forgot the name) but we talked extensively about how people reacted and the panic that occurred. One of the most amazing conversations i have had, but what I took out of it was this statement "When a big event occurs, you probably will not even realize it. The power will just turn off. complete silence. ". He was very adament about having food and water ALWAYS in place, not matter what!!!!

new topics

top topics

join