It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Backs Down on Challenge to Revolt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
For those of you who may not know, Alex Jones is the fellow who runs InfoWars.com and PrisonPlanet.com from his hole down in Austin, Texas, a fellow who is so conspiracy-theory-minded that he puts most ATS members to shame for his sheer enthusiasm and vociferousness.

Alex Jones is THE GUY who sees the Shadow Government behind everything, okay.

I stream Alex Jones only occasionally, about as often as I stream Glenn Beck or Michael Savage or Rush Limbaugh. Which aint very often. Alex does a lot of huffing and puffing about citizens being prepared for SHTF, and a lot of his sponsors specifically target survivalists, okay?

Anyway, yesterday he took a caller on his show who basically challenged Alex to stand up and walk the talk and come out in support of an armed revolution.

Whereupon Alex Jones started backpedaling so hard I could hear his chain grinding.

Understandably, Alex Jones CANNOT come out and call for armed insurrection on his radio show. He would be arrested immediately for inciting violence, his show would be cancelled, his websites would go down, AND such an incident would be EXACTLY what the anti-Free Speech movement in Washington WANTS. They want a reason to shut down talk radio and muzzle dissent in America.

So, yeah, I understand Alex backing down. I understand his position, which is a tenuous one at the moment. I understand his paranoia that the FBI or BATF or CIA or whomever is trying to bait him with calls like this on his own show.

Hey. Perfectly reasonable. The FBI and BATF and CIA are a dirty bunch and they specialize in ENTRAPMENT (which is illegal, BTW, but it's still their speciality).

My question is, is there EVER a time when it is proper and patriotic for a media personality to send up the balloon?

I mean, when all other avenues of legal action are exhausted, and the gubbmint is rationing your electricity and confiscating your guns and forcing you to buy insurance, and seizing your property for the "good of the state," WHO is going to ride through the streets shouting "To Arms! To Arms! The British Are Coming!!"

The media is not going to tell us. Hell, the media are OWNED by those devils. Which causes me to question many of the so-called "right wing" personalities out there, inasmuch as they are lap-dogs for the TPTB.

But you can see where this is going — the ultimate objective of this turmoil in Talk Radio is confusion and DIVISION.

We CAN'T rely on Talk Radio to sound the call, because it aint gonna happen. But we MUST remain vigilant and be PREPARED for the WORST, right?

And the "worst" seems to be materializing before our horrified eyes at this very moment.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/25/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is a method to the madness. If terror and fear can be induced on a widespread basis into a society, it eventually knocks people into a stupor, and then they can be more easily controlled.

When your brain function has been sufficiently disturbed (and worn down) by deliberately inciting fear and anger, it is easier then to guide people into a manipulated direction.

Many books on mind control elucidate these tactics.

AJ is a winder-upper sometimes. But I also think he has common sense not to play games with someone trying to bait him.

We need resolution, not revolution. We need education of the masses. We just need to keep exposing the evil doers and liars so that everyone knows what they are doing and what is going on. I am sure the resolution will begin to come clear to everyone at some point.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
man, you are very disturbed to criticize alex jones; he does have a family, he wont do anything that could hurt his family;

the reality is that, most people in this world are dumb;
the reality is that, most people in this world never thought about anything in their lives;
the reality is that, most people in this world only care about something when this something reaches their Boxes that is their lives;

its not going to be because some random guy said they need to stand up that they would do it;

so, while the government can keep this virtual reality that we all are one, we all live in a free world, nobody will do anything to change it;

the last hope for our society is the internet, but, deep into our hearts, we all know this is going to change;

we live in a information war, so, internet will have to be taken down in some way, since, as we all know, internet is the only place where humans are allowed to think, share and question information;

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
If terror and fear can be induced on a widespread basis into a society, it eventually knocks people into a stupor, and then they can be more easily controlled.

But terror and fear can also be instilled right back on them by the threat of 100 million guns down their throats. Guns which are starting to come out of the closet, I might add.

But it's just for cleaning, so I hear.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
man, you are very disturbed to criticize alex jones

Before you try to DERAIL the thread here, let's set something straight: I have NOT criticized Alex Jones in this thread.

Let that be made CLEAR.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Alex Jones CANNOT come out and call for armed insurrection on his radio show. He would be arrested immediately for inciting violence, his show would be cancelled, his websites would go down, AND such an incident would be EXACTLY what the anti-Free Speech movement in Washington WANTS. They want a reason to shut down talk radio and muzzle dissent in America.

That is the worst!

This guy is talking day in and day out as if his right there in the battlefield supposedly fighting the evil political elite, but he won't dare walk the talk because 'his too important of a radio host'
I mean honestly I have listened to this guy in the past a couple of times. His shows are at times filled with sound effects and it sounds as if the man is being attacked as he speaks.

I cannot for the life of me understand how this man still manages to maintain such a faithful audience despite the amount of false predictions, despite the garbage this guy spews over excuses daily.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

It's the same way millions fall for Obama's B.S.

He says one thing then does the other.

It's become pretty clear (especially after they redesigned defense agency logo to a Islamic Crescent) that Obama is a double agent who's serving ISLAMIC masters.

He's job is to make America a 3rd world country to usher in the world government.

They are all in on it. (Iran, Israel, U.S.A., England, Germany, China, Russia, etc.)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What if the caller was an agent trying to get Jones in trouble ? Think of that ?
I have listen to Jones for a while , and I know he is against armed revolt/revolution, and it is what the ptb want, the people to start the 'riots'.

I think that the govt even would fake a start on it too, if the people dont start it will most likely ruin their plans futher..

Edit :

Im not sure if this is where the caller is calling AJ, but AJ is talking about it here, funny how I come to read this read just as I was listening to this..LOL.

at 1:20 AJ talkes about a guy that called in.... I think..

[edit on 25/3/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I heard that caller, and he was going around the subject at first, as if he was trying to get AJ to pick up what he was laying down, as it didn't work, then when the caller tried to escalate his rhetoric, AJ shut him down. Then the guy tried to backpedal and say that he was just talking about tax resistance. Then he hung up. Alex Jones is too shrill and maniacal to appeal to very many people, but the core of what he has to say is not to be taken lightly.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Alex Jones is a scared, weird little guy who keeps scared, weird people scared and weird.

Some may believe clowns like Jones should be protected by freedom of speech acts but to be honest, I believe he does more harm than good to people who are probably already paranoid delusional. Someone should take the matches of this little boy before he burns something down.

If any one is going to be responsible for your freedom of speech liberties being dissolved, it's extreme idiots like this guy.

IRM

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Alethea is correct in my opinion. Violence would only sink us deeper and faster into the quicksand that many of us are feeling around us. Turmoil and confusion will be the only thing we will experience as the first wave of violence spurs; And then lights-out! No more communication between any dissenters as all internet/phone is lost. This would severely destroy ANY plausible method of a solid resistance. And, you don't have to be a military expert to understand that this is exactly what they want - For anyone with an opposing opinion to gather and clump so they can be easily plucked.

As Americans, we are not the patient crowd. We want everything now, as we usually get everything now. The baby boomers of the world, are actually still babies in many ways. The internet and our culture have created an environment where we expect fast and immediate results. NO.

Please, bear in mind that this is not going to be a QUICK battle. It is not going to be a painless one either, however it's in everyone's best interest to be calm and collective (not docile) in order to rationale a method of getting out of this.

It was a slow progress to get us into this situation, and there very well be a slow progress to get us out of it as well. Violence is not the solution.

However, that is also not to say that they won't stage a false and/or fake revolution to draw people out, either. If history means anything anymore, we can learn a lot from the G20, as we may see intentional inciters cause an issue that the rest of us must deal with.

To be honest, I'm more concerned with that than anything else.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Alex Jones is a scared, weird little guy who keeps scared, weird people scared and weird.

Some may believe clowns like Jones should be protected by freedom of speech acts but to be honest, I believe he does more harm than good to people who are probably already paranoid delusional. Someone should take the matches of this little boy before he burns something down.

If any one is going to be responsible for your freedom of speech liberties being dissolved, it's extreme idiots like this guy.

IRM

Yea, Alex Jones is going to be responsible for our right to free speech being stripped, since he sits on the supreme court right?

I think you might be delusional, get inside, drink some water, cool off, that Australian sun and Australian internet censorship has completely boiled your brain.

Cheers mate!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you listened to Alex Jones from the start you would know he has always been against violence as he knows if a fight we cant win, Hence the reason he is trying to start a "info war"

I love that guy for all he has tried, even if he is wrong sometimes or maybe fear mongering, I think he has woke more people up to the elites agenda than any other person in history.

I listen to almost every show even tho im in England now, And i know alot of fellow brits follow his work, The question is why? Because he has facts

I think instead of grabbing guns people should grab printers and just spread his info everywhere.

Long Live Alex Jones

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

But you can see where this is going — the ultimate objective of this turmoil in Talk Radio is confusion and DIVISION.

Alex needs to be dressed in pied clothing, he is the modern day Pied Piper.

My question is, is there EVER a time when it is proper and patriotic for a media personality to send up the balloon?

I mean, when all other avenues of legal action are exhausted, and the gubbmint is rationing your electricity and confiscating your guns and forcing you to buy insurance, and seizing your property for the "good of the state," WHO is going to ride through the streets shouting "To Arms! To Arms! The British Are Coming!!"

It certainly will not be a radio show host... You would have to look for a coup d'état from members of the US military, they would have to risk mutiny to install a new government.... That is the only way, the military would have to be swift with a sudden overthrow of the government. A small military group can achieve this. Maybe the next Paul Revere will be riding on a tank, shouting "To Arms! To Arms!

[edit on 25-3-2010 by imitator]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM

AJ is a journalist.
In any Army in the world there are different functions.
There are frontline grunts, artillery folks,
cooks, chaplins each with a different job. AJ's job is
just what he is doing, giving us the intel we need to
protect ourselves against oppression. And AJ was smart
not to fall into this gov entrapment scheme. Hurray
for AJ, keep doing what u do brother. I don't think he's
an extreme idiot at all, now for some others on here
I can't be so sure.

Below is a video of talk about real Revolution

[edit on 25-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Just stop listening to alex jones and you will not have to bother worrying about what he comes up with.

The geezers record is rubbish. William cooper predicted 911 not him.

Why do you guys even bother.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I also notice another trend

in the 70's people use to praise their congressmen
and spit on soldiers

now they praise their soldiers and spit
on their congressmen

weird how that came full circle.
If only my cousin were alive to see that.
he was a Marine in nam and got spit on
at the airport when he came home.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But terror and fear can also be instilled right back on them by the threat of 100 million guns down their throats. Guns which are starting to come out of the closet, I might add.

Well, you know the reason I streamed Alex Jones in recently was because I heard he was picking up a talking point that I started many, many years ago: Specifically, I maintained that if even 1% of the legal gun owners in America chose to stand up and rebel in the face of tyranny, then you're talking about, oh, 900,000 armed rebels.

And they are well-armed. And they DO have a bottomless supply of ammo. And they ARE organized, with backgrounds in the military and law enforcement. And they are fiercely patriotic.

Do you realize how big is 900,000 armed rebels?

Well... We sent an invading force of about 150,000 American troops to take over Iraq. So, we're talking about 1% of American gun owners outnumbering a military invasion force EIGHT TIMES OVER.

Hell, if you can coordinate a force of 900,000 to aim and shoot in the same general direction, you could take over Mexico in an afternoon, right. A force of 900,000 armed human beings, with a common objective, is a frightful thing, indeed. It could topple most of the military forces on this planet, and I do not exaggerate.

Just 1% of American gun owners would almost match the total number of American soldiers, my friends. The total number of soldiers in all branches of service under the Department of Defense is 1,381,965... That's all. If we compare that to the 1% of American gun owners, we see it's a pretty even match.

Or perhaps it would be easier to think about it like this — it would take the entire DOD to put down just 1% of American gun owners, man-for-man.

Now, that's a fairly horrific speculation, to begin with... It assumes that the American military WOULD engage American citizens in combat. We can safely say that any military action against the American People will be infantry action with a little air support. There will be no heavy artillery deployed — collateral damage must be avoided, because too much of America is owned by China and Japan and Dubai. The DOD can't just tear into their America like a bull in a china shop without international repercussions.

C'mon, the federal government needs America intact, it needs the PEOPLE intact — because, we pay the bills, right. We're the goose that lays their golden eggs.

But I've never endorsed a Revolution of armed individuals marching on Washington,
a strategy that I think was cooked up by geeky anti-gunners or FBI shills.

What I've ALWAYS endorsed is VIGILANCE against tyranny. That means being prepared and on guard; and when a tyrant infringes on my Liberty, I strike him down.

Anybody argue with that? I didn't think so.

Now, HOW I strike him down is a matter of stages. I oppose a tyrant in the press (the arena of ideas, yeah right). I boycott a tyrant. I protest against a tyrant. I VOTE against a tyrant. I take a tyrant to court... Repeatedly. I scrutinize a tyrant's methods and I attempt to anticipate and block his every move.

When ALL avenues of legal recourse are exhausted, then is the time for action. Physical action. Tarring and feathering a tyrant. Riding a tyrant out of town on a rail. Hanging and burning a tyrant in effigy.

See, there are several stages of rebellion before you arrive at brick-hurling and death threats and armed insurrection, and some people go through the list pretty quickly. I, for one, do not; but I do not condemn those Americans who feel threatened by unconstitutional acts committed by our elected officials.

The threat is real. These people in Washington are breaking the law, and it's scaring people. No, it's not "progress" that is frightening people, it's the UNLAWFUL ACTIONS committed by our nation's highest elected officials that is terrorizing America.

Now, we can solve this problem really quickly, if the individual States have the guts to stand up and block unconstitutional Federal actions.

But the States have to stand up.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeternusXIX

Yea, Alex Jones is going to be responsible for our right to free speech being stripped, since he sits on the supreme court right?

That's not what I'm suggesting but if you can't grasp the concept of what I'm saying, there's no point in trying to make you understand. I can't type any slower.

I think you might be delusional, get inside, drink some water, cool off, that Australian sun and Australian internet censorship has completely boiled your brain.

Cheers mate!

Australian Internet Censorship has not happened... yet. Did Alex tell you that? I think your brain may have hard boiled!

IRM

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hey. Perfectly reasonable. The FBI and BATF and CIA are a dirty bunch and they specialize in ENTRAPMENT (which is illegal, BTW, but it's still their speciality).

FYI - ENTRAPMENT is not illegal and has not been *EVER* in modern america. I think this misunderstanding comes from the John DeLorean case - see here Entrapment in the John DeLorean case

Note: I agree it should be illegal. With rare exception (maybe the hypothetical bomb ticking that we've all heard about yet hasn't ever happened), lying or committing crimes to catch criminals is IMHO bs and wrong. I know of cases here in Dallas where drugs were sold by actual police to dealers and allowed onto the streets so that bigger busts of more people could occur *later*...

Anyway, remember that police and informants can lie and do not have to admit that they are law enforcement and as such, it's probably a good idea not to commit any crimes that you can avoid.

Much love & respect to you frequent posters - you give me great entertainment and often broaden my thinking and perspective.

THANKS!
Elvis

top topics

<<   2 >>

join