It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They tried to make the world forget his name - Nikola Tesla the greatest Inventor of all time

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Dear vox2442

Oh dear I can see that I am being unclear again, it made perfect sense to me as I was composing it.

It was not that Westinghouse never mentioned Tesla it was the absolute fact that this particular documentary put everything at Niagara down to Westinghouse and never mentioned Tesla.

Only yesterday I was speaking to one of our new volunteers here at the center who is a University graduate from Holland not far from Amsterdam. While she had vaguely heard the name Tesla she has no idea who was responsorable for the first AC power plant.

More often that not the educated people I meet have never heard the name let along what he did.

As for statues yes they are very nice but be honest how many statues have you walked past with out knowing the history of what they are about. I know my total must be in the hundreds if not the thousands.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
go tell it to the hydro electric companies. the power plant is over a 100yrs old and is powered by a free source- the niagara river- it should cost pennies a month to power your house. but corporate jets, political donations, and stock options don't come cheap. bill gates is the modern day edison. who knows how much technology and computer advancement he is holding up. he's the master of breaking up technology hardware into 10 pieces sold seperately so you can have the product as it was intentionally meant to function. king bill gates, ruler of the nerds, is in no danger of being overthrown.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by randomname]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Google Nicola Tesla: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,780,000 for nikola tesla
Google Guglielmo Marconi: Results 1 - 10 of about 696,000 for Guglielmo Marconi.

I can only hope I'm that forgotten after I'm gone.

He's a conspiracy theory celeb thats why....
The amount of google hits you have on the internet does not correlate wider public knowledge. He's not taught in schools!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

The reason people say he was forgotten is because in school I learned that Edison created electricity, you took physics classes which went over these aspects of Tesla. The common person has no clue who really invented electricity-ask some people other than physics majors and they will most likely say Edison. If more people knew that the impossible is possible as Tesla saw it, we may have more creations and smarter inventions.
Of course the U.S. gov. doesn't want you to know that together with J.P. Morgan (chase bank) that we could've been getting free clean power for the past one hundred years or so.
It is my personal feeling that any reprocusions of global warming/pollution are the fault of those who wish to put a meter on our power. The people who use coal and other toxic gases to power the world and use Tesla's inventions for mostly military uses first.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Most 86 year olds are nearly penniless in this world but they didn't live in hotels when they died.
I don't know awhole lot about this guy but oinvent so many things and not be astute nough to registered, patent or even get a proper business partner who could is the sign of a brilliant but stupid person and the world was and still full of them.
he was brilliant yes, but you know what we say about university career people who can explain some amazing scientific fact, but can't clean their house or know how to pick up a razor in the morning.
I have mett many brillilant but stupid people it's astounding. All brains wiht no common sense.
That's not to put Tesler in this catagory, it's just an observation of 'brilliant' people.
Some of the best millionaires I know of dropped out of school. And there is the hint. It's not the education that counts, but the willingness to change your circumstances that can make men soar.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The history of electronics seems to be full of genuses with zilch business sense, who were run over by the bean counters. There's Tesla vs Westinghouse for electricity generation and distribution, Farnsworth vs Zworkin and Sarnoff for TV, and Edwin Armstrong, vs Lee de Forest, and David Sarnoff for AM and FM radio.

Tesla invented the technology for AC electricity, Neon Lights, Radio transmission, The basic electric motor, wireless electricity/energy transfer, remote control, basic hydraulics systems, lasers and even started off some areas of robotics and other things. Yet if you check in most classical textbooks you will see the invention of these things attributed not to the original inventor, but the people who made it into a commercially fruitful business and stole the credit.

He went pretty nuts in his later years, but which great scientists didn't? I could list of hundreds, Kurt Godel went mad, Ludwig Boltzman committed suicide just before experiment verified his work, George Ellery Hale went nuts, John Nash too, many a scientist who has made amazing contributions to science turns a bit mad, but this is often forgotten over their far reaching contributions. It just seems to me anyway that Tesla's slightly mad episodes are used too frequently to dismiss him as just a mad crackpot and to understate his genius and contributions. Most people doing physics will have only have heard of Tesla as the guy that the unit of magnetism is named after (The Tesla [T]). Thats about it. Even degree level electronic classes or science history lessons his true contributions are often overlooked. He was truly a remarkable man, and I am continually shocked about how under appreciated he is in most education and in the general public. He was an incredible guy, he battled with hallucinations his entire life due to his thoughts being so vivid he could not tell his mental imagery from reality, often being unable to tell if what he was seeing was tangible or not, he fluently spoke six languages, he had synesthesia and amazingly vivid powers of visualisation (like was revealed in the spatial and visual cognition areas of Einsteins brain when it was disected: New Features Found in Einstein's Brain)

And as a punishment for his contributions to human kind and attempts to better humanity with his free inventions he died pennyless and alone while other businessmen made millions off his inventions. Such a sad story. Now with the internet people are beginning to appreciate just what a genius he was.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Bravo!

I went to middle/high school in Edison, New Jersey...just a mile or two from Edison's offices/labs in Menlo Park and the area.

We learned a lot about Edison in our science classes, even taking field trips to his offices, and videos.

We did learn of his battles with Westinghouse, but Tesla was made out to be somewhat of an assistant to the two powerhouses.

Most of the Fringe stuff about Tesla was Never mentioned, nor whispered.

I learned this stuff at an early age through my own research.

Today I am glad that TESLA motors, is the hottest electric car company. That at least should give the man some more name recognition...but in my honest opinion Tesla deserves to have his own CITY named after him, just like Edison.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is threads like these that make me appreciate this site. Thank you for your kind expose on Tesla's great work and aspirations!!

If only we had more people like in the world then it would be a better place.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great Post........Always Loved Tesla's work.
I was looking through some threads and came across Coral Castle threads watched a few Youtube links which lead me to The International Tesla Electric Company......Apparently they only operate in the US and Canada, I wondered if this was some of the "Lost" Tesla Tech and if any of you guys have actually seen this free electric machine they're offering. I worked on a simular machine for years before personal issues and other strange events I don't wish to purvay as even I think its mad......I'll say it fast....I was working on a Magnetic Generator using Perpetual Motion then 1 night I woke up with little beings around my bed, ! spotted me sat up. It ran round to my side of the bed thats all I remember. Next day I had an email about EQOA a mmo and I was lost in Online gaming, all thought of my invention gone I was addicted until now. See mad isn't it?
so back to my question on this machine..... I would have gone to check it out myself but as they only show it in the US and Canada, all I get to see is internet pictures. Is it real or fake?

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Don't reply As I've found a thread dealing with the said issue....Still Great Thread RIP Nik

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi

This is pictures from the movie "Secret of Nikola Tesla - The Movie ( Tajna Nikole Tesle ) 1980"
its in the end of the movie when Nikola Tesla shows J.P Morgan what he wants to apply to the energy problem

let me quote what is said in the movie

Commodore we send energy all energy to outer shell of the earth the ionosphere,
energy from the sea, the wind, energy from the sun.
We no longer need to burn or destroy anything, we simply take what already exist and put it to our use in unlimited quantitys.

The earth outher shell remember, goes around the whole planet

Power will belong to everyone, like the air we breathe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01fc2537c906.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75e5be9208ea.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46af017e241b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e85c03a2dd8d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9be98a5d8556.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5389947f75fd.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3275c440a144.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68ca725b085f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1666d507937c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7582fa7ec2ec.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cde98ec7347.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e21b1a134d0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8242a2310a9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Its a movie I know, but how long shall we live in ignorance?
edit on 29-5-2011 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This may also be of interest, I found it quite informative.
I wrote one of my final papers on Tesla, and have been learning more about him ever since. Although it is true he was a genius and ahead of his time, the sad reality is that there are many more potential Tesla's out there whose inventiveness and creativity are stifled by a system that must, by need, find a way to control and profit from ANYTHING! No collaboration among all of humanity's intellectual elite, just corporations patenting and trademarking and profiting from ideas that should and could be shared by and provide benfefit to all.

Check this out, Tesla : The Genius Who Lit the World

Cheers!
edit on 29-5-2011 by DjDoubleD because: was not found

edit on 29-5-2011 by DjDoubleD because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2011 by DjDoubleD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Forget Tesla and forget your future.
Mind control moto of the 1% of the 1%.
Yes invented the motor... to outer space.
The wonders of voltage force.
One other forget. The 50x speed of light paricles Tesla found.
Why. They are the ticket to free energy.
I refer you to a man called Bill Lyne for how.

No one now is greater than Tesla.
edit on 1/13/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
See this website

Tesla Downunder

tesladownunder.com...

Is impressive how people use his technology

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Awesome. The company that tried to get funding for a Tesla Museum was innundated with support from the public. The only museum in history to be funded purely from public non commercial donations. So glad he's getting more recognition now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tesla museum campaign exceeds fund-raising target

A museum dedicated to electricity pioneer Nikola Tesla is set to be built, after The Oatmeal website exceeded a target of raising $850,000.

Launched less than a week ago, the campaign was set up to buy Tesla's old laboratory in Shoreham, New York.

About 21,000 people have donated more than $900,000 (£570,000), with 39 days of the crowd-funding campaign to go.

The Serbian-American inventor is best known for his work on alternating current, radio, and electromagnetism.

"Wow, someone just donated $33,000 at the last minute and put us over our goal! $873,169 REACHED!" tweeted The Oatmeal creator Matthew Inman, who launched the campaign on the IndieGoGo crowd-funding website.

"With the matching grant from NY State, this puts us at $1.7m raised in six days to try and buy the property. FAN-GODDAMN-TASTIC," he added in another tweet.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This picture pretty much sums up Tesla hands down. Sorry to bump an old thread but this literally sums up the entire thread in one picture.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think your right Tesla was a genious. But I think its applications not so much its economical impact dictates the obscurance.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
PAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funniest image ever?

Imagine if it was true? Almost could be
He was so ahead of his time

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It was his birthday a few days ago. Facebook is swarming with viral information him. It will not long be soon before everyone knows about him. I'm so glad about this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join