It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover Examines Weird Coating on Rocks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayrton

It does look like a map of Earth.

It even has Europe, Asia and China at the top in the lighter blue/grey colour.

Can't see Oz though.

Maybe it's intelligent algae or lichens, and they are trying to communicate with the rover!

Either that, or one of the time travellers from another thread on here, has gone to Mars' past, because he / she knew the rover would look at that particular rock, and put a map of the Earth there as it looks in his or her time!

Wowsa.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Looks similar to that one artifact that guy found that was composed of non-Earth materials? Maybe not. Pretty cool find though! Maybe evidence of microbial life

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Exactly. You pay a price for making that move, but there are more things to it that are not yet said

Can't just say, we're moving in whether you like it or not, without a consequence now can ya?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm with Greenize, it looks like wood with lichen. Good catch with the green plant on the right Greenize.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Over 2000 nuclear weapons have been detonated so far - the Earth still has not been destroyed.

I know people in their 50's who've died of lung cancer - took more than 2000 ciggys to get there however....

Guess they were right all along, wasn't doing them any harm at all..

[edit on 26/3/2010 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
I cannot rely too much on what NASA (Never A Straight Answer) says to the public anymore, its all airbrushing and denial.

Throughout the ages, there have been men who've wanted to see larger meaning in the smallest of things...

thousands of years ago, they didn't believe the wind and sky could cause such destruction, so they created Gods who were Angry at them, and in order to satiate these gods, they would sacrifice the innocent. "See Gods, I am Loyal to you, don't harm me and let my crops prosper!"

But alas, the elements did not listen. Famine and tragedy continued.

Now, the same things - the universe, in it's oh so inexplicable nature, has no meaning in comparison to the simple things we understand... so some people claim "Coverups and Airbrushing." in their attempts to put an understanding to what they cannot understand.

Sad really.. That thousands of years pass yet man stays firmly ignorant.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow that is really much larger than it appears in 2d -- or they really are out of whack with the 3d imaging - which I doubt.

Thats a loaf of a brick!

as with all 3d anaglyphs the more I stare at them, the more absolutely brilliant they get.

Amazing !! Thanks Phage!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk
Has anyone noticed that the blue stuff is sitting on top of what looks like a square wooden beam? petrified? Looks like the left side has a typical break pattern.

Only almost everyone...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

oh my it look like fossilized Wood with Paint ? notice like wood grain jut think drift wood

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Anamnesis

There are other finely layered rocks in the area.

me too phage but are those other layered rocks really are from the location ? or is Not A Strait Answer Making us think it is ? I would believe it if i can see a panoramic view

in the images below is that a antenna or a joystick with a trigger ?
I do not know

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
well to me it looks like this !

how wood become petrified
www.alaska.edu...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/Petrified_Forest_National_Park_Wood.jpg/800px-Petrified_Forest_National_Park_Wood.jpg[/i mg]

upload.wikimedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join