It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Steal An Election But Don�t Touch the Pledge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CG

posted on Jul, 12 2002 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Nice rant that makes some good points.

Read Article

posted on Jul, 12 2002 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How did Bush steal the election though? I see it the other way around. Gore lost 4 recounts, one of which was illegitimate. I think it was Gore who tried to steal the election. You might not like the Electoral College system but that doesn�t mean Bush stole the election. The mentality of the writer in that link is so stereotypical. �When all else fails, blame the government, blame the MAN.� He should get on with life instead of whining about Bush�s intelligence (he attended Yale and Harvard and has an MBA) � Gore didn�t complete graduate school.

CG

posted on Jul, 12 2002 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have said before and I'll say it again!

Do the math!

*1 country
*300,000,000 citizens
*1 family
*less than 2 decades
*2 Presidents
*1 Governor, key state.
*Republican majority Supreme Court
*All kinds of BS pulled in florida, running up to the election, to negate the black vote.

You recon thats all just providence do you?
I wish we had a mathematician to work out the odds of this happening by chance and good fortune.
The fix was in, bet on it!
Don't ask me how, if I knew that I'd write a book.

posted on Jul, 12 2002 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's some fuzzy math, CG. Could it be the better men were elected. Gore's father was a powerful Democratic Senator. Gore couldn't carry his own state.
Actually, I have read the black votes that were negated were black REPUBLICANS. You don't hear stuff like that in the mainstream media though.
Another consideration is the media calling a winner before the polls closed. this was the case in Florida - the networks were calling Gore the winner when people still could vote. If you were on your way to vote for Bush and you heard Gore already won the election, would you still vote? The reality is Bush could have won the popular vote as well - and very easily.

As far as the pledge goes, the guy who sued that started this whole mess with the pledge doesn't even live with his daughter that he claims he was suing for. PLUS, his daughter is a Christian whose mom said she has NO problem whatsoever saying the pledge. It was a bogus lawsuit to begin with. The same people that want us to leave God out of the pledge DEMAND that the prisoners at Camp X-ray be allowed to practice their Islam. Liberal hypocrisy.

CG

posted on Jul, 12 2002 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The math used in that election was so fuzzy! You could have woven a red carpet from Florida to Washington with it! In fact they did!

CG

posted on Jul, 16 2002 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2002 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If holding on to the stock was for the sake of the IPO and said IPO didn't take place then why the need to hold on to the stock??

The dems are going to have to come up with something better than this...they've got NOTHING.

CG

posted on Jul, 17 2002 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ripping people off for how many hundreds of thousand of dollars, constitutes a crime in your book? I mean since $800,000.00 don't seem to do it for you, what does?

posted on Jul, 17 2002 @ 12:47 AM
link   
CG, you aren't alone in this... i feel ya...
Bush got his daddy and everyone else to fix it so he would be pres... i have had this discussion with republicans before.. and i will say it again... who got more votes from the american public? gore.. forget about what kind of job he would have done, etc.. point is, he won the votes.. but how the system is set up, bush got it.. such.. ahh.. dont' get me started.. complete bullsh=t!!!! the country is falling to pieces and this retarded crook is still there..
anyways.. i don't think any of us will get anywhere as long as we argue about this type of political issue.. because it all boils down to opinions.. and well, thing is, some people are so close minded that they cannot accept other's views as just that.. opinions....
so, this post had a little bit of something do with the pledge.. well, just wanna give my opinion because i can... but, i say, leave the god part out of it...for those who think it should be left in and that this whole controversy is worthless, i say to you, well, then how about we change it to one nation under allah, or satan, or athena? if we are going to have laws separating church and state, this is clearly a violation... if people are gonna bitch and moan about it, then do away with that law...i swear, sometimes i think the war on drugs is just so these idiots in d.c. can legally obtain these substances while they conjure up these laws that are oh, so good for us...to have god in the pledge is not freedom of religion..
okay, i got my ranting done for the day..

posted on Jul, 17 2002 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Pandora, the popular vote doesn�t elect presidents. Didn�t you learn this in school? How did �his daddy fix it so he would win?� I would love to hear more about this. As far as the popular vote goes, had the media not called the election in Gores favor while the polls were still open more people would have voted � in reality Bush could have won the popular vote.

posted on Jul, 17 2002 @ 10:58 AM
link   
U.S. Court of Appeals

Dennis Miller said something worth repeating!!

He said recently on his show, regarding the judges who
declared the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional:

"So, Your Honor, the Pledge is unconstitutional because it says
'Under God'. Guess that means when you were sworn in with
your hand on a Bible, and at the end of your oath repeated,
'So Help Me God' that makes your job unconstitutional,
therefore you have no job, which means your ruling doesn't
mean s---."

CG

posted on Jul, 18 2002 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1943alter
U.S. Court of Appeals

Dennis Miller said something worth repeating!!

He said recently on his show, regarding the judges who
declared the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional:

"So, Your Honor, the Pledge is unconstitutional because it says
'Under God'. Guess that means when you were sworn in with
your hand on a Bible, and at the end of your oath repeated,
'So Help Me God' that makes your job unconstitutional,
therefore you have no job, which means your ruling doesn't
mean s---."

posted on Jul, 20 2002 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The only thing that guy did was make life harder on his daughter.

posted on Jul, 20 2002 @ 06:27 PM
link   
especially since his daughter is a Christian and enjoys saying the pledge.

CG

posted on Jul, 21 2002 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Piss on it then, if nothing binds us, than nothing is what we will end up with.

posted on Jul, 21 2002 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, leave the pledge alone & let people handle the "under God" part according to their own conscious...Isn't that a part of "Freedom of Choice"?

No one should have the right to *force* other people to say the pledge one way or another, or even to say a pledge or not.

Gah! Another personal freedom being ripped away from us, just like the countless other freedoms that have gone before.

posted on Jul, 24 2002 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think many of the present day problems can be attributed to Clinton, from economics to terrorism.

Bush, having had a higher level of support than even FDR will win reelection.

CG

posted on Jul, 24 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
But that aint gonna last if you are the one making things bad. I wish the fool would just get a BJ and quit trying to start wars all over the planet! I know a number of people that won't be voting for the fool again, even if it means putting Gore in office!

posted on Jul, 24 2002 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How is he the one making things bad?

posted on Jul, 25 2002 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yeah, that'll make things much better! Replace Bush with the biggest anti-American idiot that could run, other than Hillary!

How about Jim Traficant, assuming he beats the raps on appeals? Anybody find it strange how the entire House (save Gary Condit) voted to expell him? Come on, you mean to tell me even though these guys have done more crap than the average citizen would ever imagine doing, Jim had to be tossed?

I say Jim oughta rune, and I say we oughta vote for him, and I say he'd do better than George of Al.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join