It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook 'linked to rise in syphilis'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

It is stupid yes however that is how the clever minded journalists work and when you can understand this you will understand that it is a joke! and nothing to get all angry and upset about as the mass media are only looking for attention and want to put us in fear.

NO! I CAN'T take it! It's almost LIEK THEY ARE SAYING THAT:

When you get FOUR GROUPS of 100 PEOPLE WHO ARE OTHERWISE ISOLATED and you study them, you see that out of EACH GROUP there are HALF WHO HAVE AN STD (down 40% of actual REAL WORLD statistics).

ALSO IF YOU FOUND out that the SEX RATIO of each GROUP WAS 50/50, and you also considered that 30% of each group had 3 sexual partners or more, while only 5% had one sexual partner (with 5% of those partners' partner having more than one sexual partner)

IT'S LIKE SAYING THAT IF PEOPLE STARTED HAVING SEX IN THESE GROUPS THAT STD WOULD SPREAD?????????

HELL, THIS ARTICLE IS DUMB. IT'S BASICALLY SAYING THAT IF YOU REMOVE FACE BOOK OUT OF THE EQUATION and say that

STDs ARE INCREASING BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE MEETING AND HAVING SEX THAN WITHOUT THEIR INCREASED MEETINGS.

Hell, that is STUPID because it suggests that there a CHANCE of having SEX WITH SOMEONE YOU MEET!

Oh. I get it now.

I get why some of you don't understand the article.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I remember a condom advert on myspace where they'd roll it onto a finger. It's no wonder people don't know how to use condoms properly.

Yes you are quite right.
Always practice safe Facebook.

Always place a condom over the finger you type with while using Facebook, you never know who is on the other end..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

It is stupid yes however that is how the clever minded journalists work and when you can understand this you will understand that it is a joke! and nothing to get all angry and upset about as the mass media are only looking for attention and want to put us in fear.

NO! I CAN'T take it! It's almost LIEK THEY ARE SAYING THAT:

When you get FOUR GROUPS of 100 PEOPLE WHO ARE OTHERWISE ISOLATED and you study them, you see that out of EACH GROUP there are HALF WHO HAVE AN STD (down 40% of actual REAL WORLD statistics).

ALSO IF YOU FOUND out that the SEX RATIO of each GROUP WAS 50/50, and you also considered that 30% of each group had 3 sexual partners or more, while only 5% had one sexual partner (with 5% of those partners' partner having more than one sexual partner)

IT'S LIKE SAYING THAT IF PEOPLE STARTED HAVING SEX IN THESE GROUPS THAT STD WOULD SPREAD?????????

HELL, THIS ARTICLE IS DUMB. IT'S BASICALLY SAYING THAT IF YOU REMOVE FACE BOOK OUT OF THE EQUATION and say that

STDs ARE INCREASING BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE MEETING AND HAVING SEX THAN WITHOUT THEIR INCREASED MEETINGS.

Hell, that is STUPID because it suggests that there a CHANCE of having SEX WITH SOMEONE YOU MEET!

Oh. I get it now.

I get why some of you don't understand the article.

No need for the sarcasim, we are all entitled to an opinion. I can think of many word s to call you but I'm not going to be stupid enough and post them here.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To be fair ("I couldn't give a ..." Damn!) Its a laugh get over it... take a chill pill wooh head title/ facebook. Its about time THEY shut Facebook down, cannot stand it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20

Originally posted by dolphinfan

"Social networking sites are making it easier for people to meet up for casual sex."
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is VERY great news

"Hey babe wanna hook up tonight"

"um...i dont know you..."

"i have a very large friend list and im ready to twitter all over you!"

"OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!!11111111!!!!11!1!1oneone"

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Senz20]

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Senz20]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join