It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Cleveland State Professor Found a Cure for Cancer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Has Cleveland State Professor Found a Cure for Cancer?

www.cantonrep.com

Kalafatis is a good professor. He teaches chemistry and biochemistry courses. He co-founded the nation’s only program to help returning military veterans transition back into college life. He has published articles in science journals and landed more than $1.5 million in research grants for his work in blood coagulation studies.

Pretty boring stuff, he said.

“Your basic geek; I’m a nerd,” he said.

By the way, Has Cleveland State professor found a cure for cancer?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Serendipity brings the most unexpected results; it often brings us things - often beneficial - that we were never even looking for in the first place. Such is the manner in which many a great scientific discovery was made. Is this the next? Or is it just another false dawn?

There have been many hopes raised in recent times of possible cures for this disease but what strikes me about this story is the complete accidental nature by which a possible 'cure' has been discovered. Serendipity for sure.

But we wait and see.

Hope you all find the article of interest.

SC

www.cantonrep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Very encouraging, good find Scott
. Now we just need to stay on top of this and make sure the research doesn't disappear into Big Pharma's black hole, in leiu of thier expensive treatments. It also worries me that there are very few outlets reporting on this, and definatley no MSM.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well if he did find a cure for cancer it will most definately be swept under the rug, the government wouldn't let a cure come out for a disease that they helped to create. Truely a sad world we live in.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You're right- Its the nature of how he and his students 'accidentally' discovered this that makes it so believable; simply because it seemed so (too) simple!

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

It doesn't really even matter if he discovered a cure for cancer, Big Pharma will make sure it's never used. It's more profitable to treat cancer than to cure it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

The government didn't make cancer........ Cancer has been around forever. It might be more common now, but the government did not make it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

It doesn't really even matter if he discovered a cure for cancer, Big Pharma will make sure it's never used. It's more profitable to treat cancer than to cure it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Cancer is not "a disease". There are dozens of different forms of cancer, many of them very different from the others. Each responds differently to treatment.

There is no "cure for cancer".

Ummm. yet.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Great Article BTW, but I also find it weird how he called it CancerX. He didn't even tell us what CancerX is. Maybe he wants it to be kept a secret?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
God I hope they do not make people about to die of cancer wait for the FDA...That would be insane to know a cure is possible, about to die and be denied the opportunity to test it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Here ya go:
www.faqs.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,
Are you saying there is no cure for any cancers, or, that cancer is too general of a definition?
Do you believe NO ONE has ever been cured, or have cured themselves?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

What I am saying is that there is no single cure for cancer. While this very early research is promising, it has a long way to go before it can be called a "cure for cancer".

I was cured of Hodgkins disease more than 20 years ago by radio and chemotherapy. I was "lucky", Hodgkins is one of the most treatable forms of cancer.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I dont know for positively sure, but I would bet the farm that they
have had a cure for cancer for a long long time. Big pharma and
other greedy SOB's have kept the drugs off the market because
certain greedy thugs don't want a cure to be announced, for whatever
greedy reason. And no, the government didn't invent cancer. That is
total nonsense. Cancer has been around for a long time. It is just with
our instant news flashing around the earth nonstop that we are
bombarded with it. I believe that humankind has contributed to this
horrible disease by poisoning our air, food and water. Certain thugs
that are power greedy and money hungry will never allow a cure to
be announced. That is a more sick than having cancer.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Every form of cancer is different. Every form has different survival rates, some like testicular cancer and certain forms of Leukemia (see Phage's post) and skin cancer has survival rates well into the 90% range with standard treatments (surgery, chemo, radiation, etc). In fact the overall cancer survival rate is now almost 70% ... as opposed to about 40% in 1970.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There are many 'alternative' means, in other words natural, that are demonized by the establishment continually and yet are practiced in other countries. It has been known for a long time that cancer requires a low oxygen/low alkaline environment to thrive. No money to be made by addressing these basic issues. Better to make synthetics that can be patented and which create 'side effects'. Then make more synthetics to treat those symptoms. Round and round, collecting billions off the misery of others.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Very encouraging, good find Scott
. Now we just need to stay on top of this and make sure the research doesn't disappear into Big Pharma's black hole, in leiu of thier expensive treatments. It also worries me that there are very few outlets reporting on this, and definatley no MSM.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by djvexd]

Ugh.. this mentality again... time to debunk yet again...

Pharma gets a cure for cancer, especially a preventative... and it's gonna make more money off of that than it could ever assume it would make off of current expensive cancer treatments.

First off... how many people have I known who have had cancer and even their insurance wouldn't pay for treatments... Imagine if you could actually sell SOMETHING to those patients?... there's one market you've gained.

Now, let's say you can sell this as a preventative in some way... Now, you can actually sell this to high risk individuals... Yet another market gained...

Even better, if it's something that can be given like a vitamin, starting early in life, then you've reached yet another market...

A cure for cancer is in no way a detriment to pharma... in fact, it would be a BOON!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
I dont know for positively sure, but I would bet the farm that they
have had a cure for cancer for a long long time. Big pharma and
other greedy SOB's have kept the drugs off the market because
certain greedy thugs don't want a cure to be announced, for whatever
greedy reason.

Please see my post above.... this premise you have posited doesn't make any sense.

second line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join