It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 18 May Happen In Fall 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
First, I want to STRONGLY stress that I am NOT guaranteeing or predicting that this will in fact happen, I am merely stating that it could happen. I have studied Revelation 17 and 18 for a long time and I believe that it is possible that the events of those parts of the Bible may happen soon.

I believe that there is much evidence that points to the events described in Revelation 18 possibly occurring sometime in the fall of 2010. I would like to know if anyone else has studied Revelation 17-18 and what their thoughts on this possibility are.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This thread would be much stronger if you laid out the events described in Revelation 17-18. I'm not a scholar and don't feel this is credible enough to warrant a quick dash to a bible.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm always dubious when people predict dates like this. If there was anything that tied any of the prophecies to a particular date, we'd already know about it. What leads you to tie this particular part of Revelation (a book which may well be about the Roman Empire and be an already fulfilled prophesy) to this autumn?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
King James Version:
Revelation 17
1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

12And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
King James Version:

Revelation 18
1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You say your self that you are not predicting this to happen, yet you put in in Predictions and Prophecies. You know what else could happen? Lots of things.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

So... why this fall. What's your logic behind this? Just wondering. :-)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I put it to you that we have not yet seen chs 6-17.
This would make it premature to expect ch18.
We should bear in mind that "Babylon" is being overthrown primarily because it is an oppressor of God's people (which is the reason for comparing it with OT Babylon), and God's people are not yet being oppressed to Revelation levels.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That woman must've had one hell of a forehead to fit all those words on it. I don't think I'd want to take her on a date.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I have studied 17 and 18 a lot and I believe that this is related to the current situation between the USA, Israel, and Iran, as well as the current economic situation in the United States and Asia.

It seems based on all the research I have done into this part of Revelation, that the possible economic collapse of the United States combined with an attack of Iran by the US and/or Israel seems to be a definitive match for the events described in Revelation 18.

I am not saying this is going to happen, just that if you break down these parts of Revelation thoroughly in the ancient Greek, it seems to be very close to what is happening right now.

Also, the effects of HAARP type weaponry being used seems to be very similar to some of the things described in 18. Again, I am not saying this will happen, just that I have studied this for a long time as I was always interested in identifying Babylon The Great. For many centuries Bible scholars have tried to identify Babylon The Great.

It seems to me that based on the way I interpret the Babylon The Great prophecy, that the current time USA does now match it. I have not been able to identify another match in any previous or current time. So I'm not sure what to make of this. I agree with DISRAELI that it seems to be too early for this to be the case, but nonetheless there are some definite strong correlations.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well if you've studied it for a long time, and you want to tell us about it, then please, take the time to write out your thoughts, verse by verse, and show us your findings. Otherwise you're not making use of your research and your arguement has no basis.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It seems based on all the research I have done into this part of Revelation, that the possible economic collapse of the United States combined with an attack of Iran by the US and/or Israel seems to be a definitive match for the events described in Revelation 18

How about this for an idea; that possible economic collapse, and an apocalyptic virus, and a catastrophic war situation, might bring about the events of chapter six? I'm still convinced we haven't seen the 4 horsemen yet.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don´t see many differences between the prophecies in the bible and the prophecies of the charlatan nostradamus.

if one´s wants to predict the future please please supply names places dates full description of the event and so on or there is the risk of becoming another vague poet trying to stand out by its lunatic affirmations rather by its artistic qualities.

the bible its just a book compiled from selected sources in order to prove a point of view giving a background to those who needed to control the population.

with the imposition of the ideas contained in the bible they created a context where illiterate people could live on which they cold enforce their solutions coming out as the keepers of the answers of life it self.

its like that guy who creates a problem and then comes out with the solution for the problem he created.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No, sorry I dont see it yet. I have studied the book of "Revelation of Jesus Christ for years. Mind you now, I dont make any claims of being a scholar, divine revelation or any message from God or one of his angels.

Didnt it say that the great whore is drunken from the shed blood of the saints? I havent seen world wide persecution and execution of Christians yet. I mean there is verbal abuse and some executions in some country's.

The way I interpret it is that it's world wide persecution unto death. Now I can only speak from my American view point, but we havent even SEEN persecution on that scale as of yet. Besides, I honestly believe that the war of Ezekiel 38 would happen before the Great Tribulation. What you speak of obviously happens during the seven year trial of Jacob. The war Ezekiel spoke of says that Israel would survive on the fuel from the spoils of said war for seven years.

So when you see Israel surrounded by many nations and it looks over for them. Watch and you will know that there is a God that protects his people. This I believe will trigger the seven year peace agreement. Throwing us into the final seven years of human government.

Again I'm no scholar and the last book of the bible has ALOT of symbolism. Extremely hard to crack and interpret. I'll give you an example.

John who wrote the book said the mark of the beast takes WISDOM to interpret. It's his name and/or the number of his name. It's also extremely blasphomist unto God. So whatever it is. It hasnt been created yet. It's not a chip. It's not 666 or any other trhing we thank it is. It's a play or use of Gods name. Some how some way.

I also caution you on date setting. Unless God has given you special revelation knowledge. You only fuel those who try their best to discredit Gods word.

Good job studing though. Keep hammer it. Maybe you will get that divine revelation and interpret for guys like myself.

Peace, HooHaa out!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
its not the usa its london ....thats babylon ..it has to be ..ill go into detail if i must but im sure if you think about it you will see my point.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
or its the ravings of an exiled man on a mushroom trip sat on a greek island ...basically rehashed to warn the people of the day (the romans)about there own soon demise ..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by derfred33

I am so glad that we have an expert in prophecy and prophetic ability in out midst, able to debunk Bible prophesies and Nostradamus prohpesies in one fell swoop.

Anywho, the time will be impossible to tell. Personally, I am of the believe that the 4 horsemen have arrived, the trumpets have not yet sounded, and out of everything I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Babylon the Great is the United States of America.

With the said, such events could indeed happen and there is evidence pointing towards a possible collapse which lead it to be unavoidable. Whether it happens this year, or 2 years from now is yet to be seen.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
People who don't seek to know don't deserve the knowledge,
maybe that's why the word in Hebrew for knowing is YaDaH the 'noun in hand' as
truly known is experienced.

Amazes me that some won't even look it up themselves, much less Google it!

Besides the Revelation is not written successive or succinct, it keeps 'returning' to the progression from tangents developing.

If you haven't known the volume it draws on as if an Index to the entire Biblical epic,
then what can it be bringing to light or "Revealing"(?), and if you don't know the Menorah
(lampstand) or Shofar'im (trumpets) for their understanding or didn't recognize the previous
dates through progress of History (like the horsemen), how can any conjecture and speculation be pertinent?

[edit on 2010/3/24 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I reckon the four horsemen are defo rideing think hep a b c d e f ,aids,bird flu,ebola,west nile big pharma and crap in our food and water with fluoride and mega toxins.
They the horse men are allowed all means and ways to do this god allows all, i dont think it means kill em all in one day, but its the takeing of your years by an early death. lots going down now in the early 30s 40s,,.
just my opinion ,.

OH forgot the big C, + diabetes think about this many of these chronic conditions dident exist 70 years back, Dont say they did but we dident know what they was science is given them names some things might have been about but not in 20 year olds and 30s,
food is also not half as nutritious.
You need 4 apples today compared to 1 apple 50 years ago to get same nutrients from them.
Another sign is eating food with feces ,Chinese cooking oil, also many crops are fertilized with human sewage and you get for free all the meds from old peoples homes and hospitals and houseing estates,
which dont get scrubbed out of the sewage. this is in Ezekiel i think. i could go on i am sure with stuff happening i have never known wars like we are haveing no end to these wars u c

[edit on 3/24/2010 by dashar]

[edit on 3/24/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Thank you for those words of wisdom HooHaa. It is good to study for oneself but there are other messages concerning what happens when we begin to spread our "findings".

Paul writes:
(Romans 14)
"...not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way."

Paul continues on to say,
"Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another."

In regards, it doesn't matter who/what Babylon the Great represents. You see, all that matters is the gift of salvation. Like I said to a dear friend of mine earlier today, what good is it to know the truth if that truth doesn't set you FREE?

God bless.

Respectfully,
A2D

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join