It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Doomsday threads have to stop!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
BUT.....I bet if the world had ended yesterday you would have been glad you read that thread!!

What?

The world ended yesterday? I missed it?

There was even a thread about the ending I missed?

Damn it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

No star and flag for you because this is a "doomsday" thread.

Chill. If the doomsday threads bother you so much, well, just don't read them.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This just in.... POTUS has signed an executive order to stop doomsday threads, however, the republican's are vowing to fight it, to the bitter end, also on a side note, the planet niburu has landed on the white house, and apparently no one even noticed, as they are currently embroiled in an Israeli controversy over Jerusalem, but are unable to contact the Palestinians via phone due to China's takeover of the internet, China claims it is not their doing, but POTUS tell's them unless they devalue their currency, we will have to look into the hacking threat, from someone using a doomsday style scenario.....

Full Circle....whew

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who makes such claims about a specific date and then nothing happens, Should be required to have their Avatar marked indicating their gullibility and failure at predictions. That way we can instantly see that they espouse bunkum as fact.

Something like "Doomed to fail March 24, 2010" permanently affixed below their avatar for making a failed prediction.

Any thoughts? Can we make this happen??? If you support the idea, let the site owners know. It may help weed out the nonsense if people knew they would be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
LOL what does it matter ...we are all gonna die .....at least we will leave a record of it .....and some one from the other world will find it and then they can argue about everything we talked about here like we do with ancient texts we read and debate about daily ...
You might as well just get the popcorn out because I bet we are all just getting started.lol

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Star and a flag, and a second on your vote, just cause you got my favorite quote on your signature line....
But seriously is a great idea....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My goodness yes, I do agree with this! I too am tired of the prophets who come here to inform us all of exactly on what day the economy will c\rash and the world will end. No body knows this, the future is not yet written for us. And there is no fate but what you make. Now where have I heard that before?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You must understand the sole purpose of conspiracy forums - to distract people from every day economic woes. Our kind of people surf and login to sites such as this, thrilled by the hope of gloom and doom.

It's no secret that there are CIA, NSA and Mossad agents participating as moderators/posters. I've been watching some of their honey trap cyber operations in the past.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
To be fair, (I can't imagine ever wanting to make such a thread) you have to admit that many posters are only relaying information they find elsewhere.

Although many have a genuine fear that it may be real...... this time

I find it comforting to know that people in general are aware of the truth that all things change, too bad many have been conditioned to fear it.

Oh boy, I never thought I would be defending these threads..,

perhaps it is best to consider it as me defending the right to create one....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

I am the same way,I read threads or watch you tube videos,
then I'm out the door heading to the grocery store ,Sam's club
or a sporting goods store.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Would it be better to say something like "California to be hit with a major Earthquake in 2010 or 2011"? Then everyone will have to wait up to 2 whole years to say I told you so. Of course rather than say you had a dream or thought you heard it was in the bible code, it would be better if you knew what part of the bible the date for LA and 2010 was in the bible code.

If someone tells me when Pelosi is planning on visiting California, I can pray that she gets what she deserves. Some of my prayers have been answered rather fast. This nation is heading for a lot of major disasters. California will suffer many deaths in a major Earthquake. Washington DC may even get hit with a large earthquake. All kinds of disasters can happen before we even realize it. Saying it will all happen next week or next month is kind of ridiculous though. By the way robbing Peter to pay Paul I do not believe is a very moral decision to make especially when you're already out of money to pay all of your current bills. Then to be happy about all the good work you have done is just morally wrong in my opinion. I do have some relatives in California so I do not wish for it be wiped out. It does have a 90 percent chance of a major earthquake within 30 years so odds are much better than the health care bill was.

I read another poll that a vast majority of Americans still think there is even a better chance that our economy will collapse and/or our currency will become worthless. I don't feel too reassured that this will not happen. Some day, somone may just get the date right for a major disaster. If someone just keeps predicting a major disaster every week, eventually someone can claim success. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
I said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who makes such claims about a specific date and then nothing happens, Should be required to have their Avatar marked indicating their gullibility and failure at predictions. That way we can instantly see that they espouse bunkum as fact.

Something like "Doomed to fail March 24, 2010" permanently affixed below their avatar for making a failed prediction.

Any thoughts? Can we make this happen??? If you support the idea, let the site owners know. It may help weed out the nonsense if people knew they would be held accountable.

Wooow I whole heartily agree with this one!!

I wonder if we could petition the board on this or I wonder just how we could approach the board owners... Skeptic maybe??

I think this is a fantastic Idea...

I totally get the idea of discussing doomsday scenarios being fun for some, and I wouldn't want to alienate those members that enjoy these threads... But... and its a BIG BUT...

I think that it is totally wrong that members can post an attention grabbing doomsday thread with a specific date claim and be rewarded by the ATS point system for doing this.

As I stated earlier I think this issue raises the question of just how fair is the current point systems at ATS.... I know ATS has changed the point system several times over the last few years in an attempt to be as fair as possible. But perhaps counter measures such as a banner or roset on a members profile for being a failed doomsday date threader.

I will re-iterate... I agree that there are a segment of our community that fully enjoy playing out doomsday scenarios, but stating a direct date as the end is in my mind idiotic.

It is true that some are just posting information they have read else where, but come on... most of the doomsday'er threads are written by member who then spend countless posts on defending why it's going to be and totally ignoring any scrap of sense thrown their way. This has an effect of bumping the thread and then a mobius effect takes hold until after the date of doom was supposed to occur...

Anyway, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one that this ticks off

Thanks guys and gals

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
For what its worth I find most doomsday threads very entertaining.

I enjoy well done hoaxs as well.

So I would vote for the inalienable right of free expression for all doomsters.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
For what its worth I find most doomsday threads very entertaining.

I enjoy well done hoaxs as well.

So I would vote for the inalienable right of free expression for all doomsters.

I'm not fighting for the right to ruin your enjoyment, quite the opposite; I think playing out all scenarios is fun and healthy.

I am just diametrically opposed to threads stating a specific date is 100% the day of doom.

A Hoax is one thing I just loved the Titor one... was sooo fascinating and it gives us busy heads something to mull over... but we are seeing maybe 3 or 4 of these threads a week with a specific date attached.

I think its pure attention grabbing and becoming a bore.... what if there was in fact some very good evidence that there was something looming?? We would all be like... yeah another doomsday thread as opposed to actually taking it seriously.

maybe we should have a forum here specific for Doomsday threads, it would allow us to keep track of them, though I suspect over time it would spell out every day in the year for the next millenia as the potential day of doom.

Anyway... I have to laugh as most of these threads are about the end of the world.... I can tell you that other than the sun going nova the World will remain... wether we survive or not is another story.

All the best,

korg.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

But we ARE the world!!!!111!!!!11!!!one!!!111!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

What I find hilarious is just how many posts and replies those threads receive. Really, its like catnip or something.

What it comes down to is that deep beneath people WANT to be depressed. It's a psychological thing.

I'm sick of the BS gloom and doom and now I just post ridicules in them when they die on the tree.

But alas, it is like catnip because people seem to want to think the worse is going to happen when in fact life happens. You either live it or you don't.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I disagree with anything having to stop. At worst; ATS should (as many mentioned) make the creator of a false Doomsday thread have an avatar to display their failed prediction. I believe in freedom of speech and that includes nutters and whack jobs. None of these threads caused me to lose sleep. At worst, it entertained me and for some, I put a mark on my calendar.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
THESE ANTI-DOOMSDAY THREADS NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up and realise were you are it is ATS. This is what people come her for things they hear no were else. Get down off you ivory tower and worry about yourself and you actions and leave the others to have the freedom to do what they want.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
THESE ANTI-DOOMSDAY THREADS NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up and realise were you are it is ATS. This is what people come her for things they hear no were else. Get down off you ivory tower and worry about yourself and you actions and leave the others to have the freedom to do what they want.

Hi there Subjected Truth

You seem a balanced type, I moseyed on over to your profile and spotted this thread. Which I just star'd and Flag'd for you.

We may have reached the point of no return

This is an example of How to post discussions on potentially negative events. You do not claim that the events will culminate in a doomsday date and you do not say that this is a definite point of no return.

What you do in this thread is present your ideas and why you think them. This type of thread presents members with areas of discussion and intelligent comments about different scenarios..

You now because of my additions have 5 flags and 6 stars for this intelligent thread and spans 2 pages...

Now lets look at this thread..

100% War Will Start In The Month Of February

A long thread with over 30 pages and this thread has 35 stars and 56 flags...

What the OP did here was list a whole load of war hyped comments connected the dots and took a stab in the dark at a date and stated it's 100% true...

The time came and went and what?? Total Bunkham...

I guess what I am complaining about is not just doomsday threads but all attention grabbing baselss threads that are 100% proof of this or a definitive date for that to happen, with nothing solid to substantiate the claim... then get 50+ flags and 35+ stars for it.

See what I'm driving at?

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
those dooms day threads are the only reason why i come on here and you're telling them to stop? what do you want to read about? celebrities?

umm yeah

oh snap! wrong site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join