It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Doomsday threads have to stop!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi All,

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth with seeing the end is nigh threads here at ATS, I understand that there are some conspiracies out there that have a rather negative conclusion or point to something that is not too good and its fun to contemplate, but why do we see so many definitive WORLD WILL END on this or that date???

What really annoys me is these threads attract a lot and I mean a lot of stars and flags, when in reality they are nothing but attention grabbing claptrap.

These are two examples :- Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

So now its the 25th and so what Mr original poster... is it maybe kinda tomorrow then instead of the confirmed 24th??

Or the thread 100% War Will Start In The Month Of February

So Mr Original Poster.... we are nearly in April and I would say that you were 100% wrong...

These threads just like all the other threads that state days of doom are utter bunkum, I bet if I did some ATS searches I could fill pages upon pages of threads with topics such as these.. has even one of them been accurate???

Members are posting obvious attention grabbing threads such as DOOMSDAY and False Flag Imminent with absolutely nothing solid to substantiate the claim and ZERO credibility... and this part really really ticks me off, then these threads gain loads of stars and flags!!??!!

I would venture that this is an example of how the ATS point system fails... in my mind you shouldn't be rewarded for posting such dross...

These threads give very few or questionable sources or in some cases no source at all. They present no real or tangible evidence as to why this date is the day or there are serious stretching involved to connect the dots.

If you want to create a thread focusing on say the economy why not post a thread like "Economic turmoil - Is the plot thickening?" or "I think the economy is getting worse - what’s your view?"

NOT and I repeat NOT

"Economic global crash will happen 100% on a definite date and time" or "nuclear false flag scheduled for the 23/24 of march" etc....

Isn't the board motto 'Deny Ignorance?'

To state that a specific date is doomsday is in my mind ignorant..

You know there are far cleverer people out there than either you or I whom have absolutely no idea what the markets will do or what haywire military dictatorships will do from one day to the next.

So stating that the markets will collapse or a nuke will go off or what ever the doomsday prediction may be on a specific date is in my mind Ignorant.

Finally if these posters were genuinely convinced that a date was in fact a doomsday, I can tell you, they wouldn't be on the internet replying to posts on ATS, they would be busy prepping for the total chaos that would ensue if there were ever to be a doomsday...

My outcry is for all those that feel they want to attention grab here at ATS..... If you can't substantiate a claim then don't post a topic stating a definitive.. It only makes you look silly... and people have long memories here...

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Relax...This is a conspiracy site...Take things with a grain of salt and express your opinions.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ignore them. It's that simple. Pay no attention to those threads. People love to think about the pending death of everything; it makes them feel less cheated by their own acknowledged mortality, to have everyone go at the same time as them. If you don't like it, don't touch it. Or hell, if you can't do that, debunk it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
BUT.....I bet if the world had ended yesterday you would have been glad you read that thread!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

What I find hilarious is just how many posts and replies those threads receive. Really, its like catnip or something.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It only makes you look silly... and people have long memories here...

Huh?

Come on...this was fun!!!www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

What I find hilarious is just how many posts and replies those threads receive. Really, its like catnip or something.

I think it's more that the original thread starter will usually not comply with reason and come down kicking and screaming, resulting in 7 or 8 pages of circular debating

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's a good antidote:

Dr. Morris Berman's C-span talk:

Dark Ages America

www.c-spanvideo.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

It only makes you look silly... and people have long memories here...

Huh?

Come on...this was fun!!!www.belowtopsecret.com...

HAHAHA that's a Hoot!!
and I can tell he has a hell of a lot more wit than I have, but the sentiment is the same

Thanks for this link , I'm not a member of bts... maybe I should sign up.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
[imo]

The Doomsday scenarios are ingrained into the collective psyche by monotheistic religious fervor. What good believer in the One True God does NOT yearn for the so-called 'End of Days'?

It affects even the unbelievers.

[/imo]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
[imo]

The Doomsday scenarios are ingrained into the collective psyche by monotheistic religious fervor. What good believer in the One True God does NOT yearn for the so-called 'End of Days'?

It affects even the unbelievers.

[/imo]

Ohhh don't get me started on religion.. there will be another nine pages of rants from me about that one

But I think you have highlighted a very good point.

Fear... We are all going on about how we want to fight the NWO or those that would look to take away what we have etc... isn't it all just about fear??

Surely these people don't actually believe what they are stating do they???
I mean maybe that's why these threads get so many stars because its kinda fun to be in fear, to pretend...

But if its Fear then, this is the mother of all conspiracies - control over every one, especially the conspiracy theorist.. through the propagation of Fear.

Well I'm not Afraid, not one bit!

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I kinda like the doomsday threads because they stimulate the imagination. It'd be really neat if one of them actually happened just because it would really shake up the world.

But eh, I do dislike the fact that it makes the credibility of people that believe in fringe speculation look redundant. It just means everyone with an alternate view of situations just gets labeled things that are way off.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey,,,,,,
Everytime I read one of those Doomsdays posts, I get all nervous, and jittery, and run down to the grocery store and start buying up stuff like SPAM, Potted Meat, Sardines, Veenie Weenies, Corned Beef Hash, and Wolf Brand Chili...and Imodium.
I got a whole pantry full of this stuff guys !
Knock it off already with the Apocalypse posts ?

ps. In the post-apocalyptic world, a can of sardines will be more valuable than gold ! Damn, I'll be rich !!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I must admit .. im not a fan or reading the Doomsday posts, but as others have said .. ignore them. I dont read them and do not know alot about 2012 etc, but we have heard it before 'so n so date is doomsday' and we all wake up the next day nothing has happened. At the end of the day this site isnt based on Doomsday posts, there is something here for everyone to read. Im neither a fan or paranormal activities or demons, which i know some people post about here on ATS but again .. not a fan so i dont read them

Personal thought though .. 2012 is a load of bull. But then again who am i to say this as i have hardly any religious knowledge or i havent been caught up in all this 2012 stuff.

As someone says, take it with a pinch or salt, you might like some threads about doomsday some you might not like ..
Also not tryin to cuss the OP just a simple reply thats all

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Ignore them. It's that simple. Pay no attention to those threads. People love to think about the pending death of everything; it makes them feel less cheated by their own acknowledged mortality, to have everyone go at the same time as them.

I totally agree these apocalyptic trumpet players, sucks. We can ignore them, but we can't just ignore the amount of historic information about global cataclysms, I mean, we know that the solar system is sorta attached a galactic movement that periodically may cause disturbances in the planets and other cosmic bodies. The ancient hindu civilization had a calendar to study these cosmic cycles. Also the sumerians had a similar calendar. The egyptians had the Dendera calendar with the same purpose and it seems that the 3 main pyramids of Giza, were built exactly aligned with Orion belt stars, to work like some kind of huge chronograph and their geometry hide numbers related to these galactic alignments. The Mayans also had similar calendar. Particularly I think all these ancient civilizations were taught by ancient extraterrestrial humanoids that were totally aware of the Milky Way mechanics and they left this wisdom recorded in the architecture of the pyramids spread around the world. YES it's a very important subject and we can't turn our back to it, you know... put the fingers in the ears and start to shout "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T HEAR YOU... LALALALALALALA"....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Unless you know for SURE the World will not end Soon , you are just blowing hot air here . Besides , let these Doom and Gloomers have their Fun , you don't have to Read all that Nonsense to begin with , and there's Always the " Ignore " Button to fall back on if you wish.........

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
those dooms day threads are the only reason why i come on here and you're telling them to stop? what do you want to read about? celebrities?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok, then here's one for ya.... " Doomsday Is "
Or how about.... " What I did on Doomsday "
Perhap's this one..... " How to succeed on Doomsday without really trying"

No wait, I've got a million of em.....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I love them!

I can be fighting tooth and nail with someone on another thread, and we can both be on the same doomsday thread, busting someone's balls!

Bipartisianship in action!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I actually enjoy reading doom threads. I don't like how I live, or the environment I live in. I personally don't understand the fear that these threads radiate. When I read them, I just feel really hopeful and get a euphoric high. That's just me though. You see doom, I see renewal, you see tragedy, I see a new cycle.

It seems pretty twisted and selfish of me to think or say such things, but I'm at the point in my life where I would welcome change. Nothing I have read on ATS scares me more than the idea of my life continuing to be like what society has molded to become acceptable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join