It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are U.S Military Convoys on train tracks in Oregon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I'm not hesitant to imagine real world mobilization ops, but I'll refrain from speculating on that.

Otherwise, and most likely, it's the 5th Stryker Brigade from Ft. Lewis WA headed down to the National Training Center in the California desert for training.

I hate when we train in the desert and I get stuck with the woodland camo. Stick out like a soar thumb!

edit for spelling.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If and when you ever see so many combat vehicles and you also see troop carriers with the combat vehicles and you have something that would be interesting to see.

The military have to ship things by rail all the time and it is how equipment gets moved around the USA. As such, to see such a movement is not alarming to me.

As I said at the beginning, if anyone should see both combat vehicles and troop trains combined is when I would pay close attention and begin taking notes.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

The author even says he hasn't ever seen anything like this in all his years living there. This is kind of alarming. Any explanations?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

Maybe being moved to another storage facility, or newer vehicles are being sent to Afghanistan.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
only be alarmed when the tanks are being driven under their own propulsion into the city by cyborgs ready to carry out govt. orders.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
If and when you ever see so many combat vehicles and you also see troop carriers with the combat vehicles and you have something that would be interesting to see.

Actually those Strykers are combat vehicles AND troop carriers. See the hatch on the back?

When they do these rail movements it's common to see one sort of vehicle grouped together. They design the chalks so as to minimize the number of rail cars they need. There are two different kind of rail cars that I've seen: one for big vehicles and tracks, the other for smaller ones like HWWMVs and trailers. If you think this train looks impressive you should see a spur 20 cars long full of M1 Abrams tanks!

Rail load detail sucks though, especially in the Mohave in the summer.

Originally posted by john124
only be alarmed when the tanks are being driven under their own propulsion into the city by cyborgs ready to carry out govt. orders.

HAH! To quote Bender: "Must...kill all humans!"

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Zelun]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I'm not hesitant to imagine real world mobilization ops, but I'll refrain from speculating on that.

Otherwise, and most likely, it's the 5th Stryker Brigade from Ft. Lewis WA headed down to the National Training Center in the California desert for training.

I hate when we train in the desert and I get stuck with the woodland camo. Stick out like a soar thumb!

edit for spelling.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by liveandletlive]

Maybe Crye will make a multicam for vehicles. They definitely need it. OPFOR at NTC will probably get it first though, just so they can terrorize everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

If you notice on ATS we get these threads several times a year...someone is alarmed due to the current political/military/whatever climate and decide to put two and two together...which never adds up to 4. It's definitely something to be aware of, but it certainly isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Did some digging after the Stryker posts. Strykers are manufactured by General Dynamics and have a manufacturing location in Spokane, WA. Spokane is 5 hours away from Tacoma. I think we have a closed case here.

This is the U.S. Army. If they have something to hide they will hide it, not put it out in view of the public if they have "other plans." They make concealed box cars for those things anyways...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by darthlung1

Tacoma that is where ft lewis I am active duity and am home on leave in oregon and I have not heard crap about anything going down so I would not worry. like it was said before most likely headed to afgan.

While I agree with you that its probably nothing because I have seen trains like that in WA many times I would say you are wrong in the planned use for them.

Wouldn't that be slightly the wrong paint job for sand covered dunes?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by darthlung1

Tacoma that is where ft lewis I am active duity and am home on leave in oregon and I have not heard crap about anything going down so I would not worry. like it was said before most likely headed to afgan.

While I agree with you that its probably nothing because I have seen trains like that in WA many times I would say you are wrong in the planned use for them.

Wouldn't that be slightly the wrong paint job for sand covered dunes?

I have brought up the paint color twice already. No one seems to want to acknowledge the obvious. Wonder what country we might end up fighting in that require green.

Also, does anyone ever find out where they go? Anyone ever follow them to see if they end up at a port or just stored in a huge parking lot?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They are probably being taken Colorado to be stored underground. I’m thinking the military will need them as back up. We are storing seeds, books, underground super computers and the like. Why not military hardware?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that if you want to hide something do it out in the open and it will be dismissed. Having said that, I am not SAYING I think we are being invaded by Uncle Sam, I am just saying, right under our noses causes us to say, "NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS, MOVE ALONG."

I believe we are the eyes and ears of the real America. NOT THE GOVERNMENT. So let's keep our ears and eyes open. 2+2 never equals 4 if you missed part of the equation.

I have two sons in the Army, YES TWO, good grief, now I get to go to bed every night worring about two of my children. My children love to worry mom. Anyway I can tell you that we have talked at length about what they would think, and do, if their country ever told them to turn on the American people. Being my son's, they both said, "Never in a million years mom." So we have TWO on our side...

Let us not just chalk this up to, moving from point A to point B. Let us instead add it to the file, keep watching, so if we need to do the math we didn't miss a number to get the answer correct.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok guys, brace yourselves for the not so shocking answer to running a train theory. You see whenever we have training exercises in far away distances for example NTC (National Training Center) in Fort Irwin, Califorina it is more cost effective to use trains as a means of transportation of very heavy vehicals as the fuel consumption for each vehical is insane even with JP8 fuel. Also someone added that some of these trains take them to harbors for going to Iraq, Afghanistan and other places. Don't believe me, ask other fellow militants here and deny you ignorance.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join