It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are U.S Military Convoys on train tracks in Oregon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
stevequayle.com...
Pictures:
stevequayle.com...
stevequayle.com...
"March 23, 2010
Long time listener

Friends,

I was driving home from work today and did a double take as I rounded the Shuster Park Way bend to Tacoma. On the tracks behind an BNSF train [engine #5394] I saw railcar after railcar of U.S. Military Armored Personnel Vehicles heading southbound towards Oregon. If it wasn't for the Northbound Sounder transit train causing this train to pause, I would have missed it entirely.

Once I realized what I was seeing, I flipped a U-turn and headed to an overpass to get a photograph with my Blackberry. I was less than a mile from my home and was tempted to drive back to retrieve a higher quality digital camera, but knew I likely had limited time to capture what I was seeing. I noted the vehicles were not NEW, but looked reconditioned or used. The top portal on the vehicle was covered and wrapped with heavy plastic [Perhaps an area where the tactical assault weapon mounts --but removed for transport]

I quickly drove over another overpass to get on the other side of the train and pulled into a left-turn-only lane to get a clear shot with my Blackberry set in "movie" mode. I managed to film the entire train from engine to the last railcar carrying the last of many Personnel Vehicles. The video size is about 9MB. The video is about 1 minute and 30 seconds.

I observed a few civilians taking pictures with their phones and most people gawking at the train as it passed by. The video shows a construction vehicle pulling off the road to get a better look. It was obvious to me I wasn’t the only one thinking this was a bit odd.

In all the years I've lived here, I've never seen so many of these types of vehicles commonly used for transporting soldiers, etc. "

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Pocky]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Finally...pictures to go with one of these posts!! These could be coming from Canada. I think I remember reading a thread a while back that we send a lot of our old military vehicles to Canada to have them re-painted or something along those lines. Not concerned that this is over preparations of some kind false-flag/domestic/(insert random word) attack. This looks like standard procedure...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I may be missing the point here, but so what..?

Military vehicles, amongst many other things, are transported via train.

We did Railheads with Ammo all the time in the States as well as Germany...we even sent a whole battalions worth of vehicles on a barge up river.

Common stuff man - it's all good.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

The author even says he hasn't ever seen anything like this in all his years living there. This is kind of alarming. Any explanations?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's the US military, we live in the US...

How else is the military supposed to get around? lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'd have been dialing my grandfather who has a farm in Arkansas. "Hey, papa, can we come stay with your for a while?"
But that's because I'm a big ole sissy haha. I live and work near Redstone Arsenal in Alabama and even seeing one type of army vehicle out and about is a very rare occurrence. I find it very interesting that you weren't the only one who thought this was weird. If it is so common place to see military equipment coming back from Canada you'd think there would not be so much hubbub. But that's just me. Awesome that you got pics!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i was visiting an uncle who had moved to Oklahoma 2 years ago (exactly 2 years ago, it was march of 08) and i saw the same thing on the railroad that was only a few hundred yards from his house (man that was annoying haha)

i dont think theirs anything to get to concerned about, they have to transport these things somehow, and trains seem the best way.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

When it comes to moving heavy vehicals, nothing beats a train
. I could go further with this post but ill wait for a few more respones before I do say more.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I live in luvly santa barbara, cali - its basically paradise here and i see these puppies all the time. try pulling up next to one of these things at a red light, you never felt so ashamed of your wimpy car.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yeah man, I was a 19k tanker for 8 years, railheading stuff sucks but its the best way to move an armor battalion. No conspiracy i'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
damn double post!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Those look like Strykers. Headed south, you say? Probably going to the National Training Center for a field exercise. Strykers are, apparently, the best way to get around in Afghanistan.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Zelun]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I sure wish they were dropping them off at my house. I always thought military vehicles were cool. Cool pictures!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The thing is well, those arnt old. Those are Strykers. And only the US ARMY has Strykers. Iraq wants some, Israel is considering them and Canada wanted some but canceld. Plus the Canadians would have had 105mm guns on top. I used to live near some RR tracks. Not more than 200 yards away. One night I arrived while a train was passing but didnt pay it no mind. Short time later another went by, then 15 minutes later another, all headed south. For the third I went outside to take a look. The 1st cav was on the move. couple months later we where at war. Whats north and south of this position. I can see a large rail yard farther south. Pay attention.

this is where the pics were taken from.
150-164 S 4th St
Tacoma, WA 98402

[edit on 24-3-2010 by darthlung1]

[edit on 24-3-2010 by darthlung1]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe they're heading to Oregon to form a first line defense against Chinese invaders after Americans default on their debt

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Woodland camo design? Greta for the desert! I love all the “field exercises” there have been the last 6+ months. Trains moving mostly personnel transport vehicles, contracts to build bullet proof intersection kiosk, congress having secret meetings. Nothing to see, move along.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Because they're movin' around.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm not hesitant to imagine real world mobilization ops, but I'll refrain from speculating on that.

Otherwise, and most likely, it's the 5th Stryker Brigade from Ft. Lewis WA headed down to the National Training Center in the California desert for training.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by darthlung1

Yeah but Ft. Lewis is in tacoma

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by darthlung1

Tacoma that is where ft lewis I am active duity and am home on leave in oregon and I have not heard crap about anything going down so I would not worry. like it was said before most likely headed to afgan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join