It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for us to put our bipartisanship prejudices aside. The health care bill will be the ruin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The health care bill is going to kill or country. Sure, it all sounds good in theory, free health care for the rich and poor alike. Well, it isn't free, not by a long shot.

Congressional Budget Office puts the cost at $1.055 trillion over the ten years after the bill is passed. Now, at the present moment we are $ 12,649,527,143,173 in debt. That's Twelve trillion, six hundred-forty nine billion, five hundred-twenty seven million, one hundred-forty three thousand, one hundred-seventy three dollars. It increases $4.04 Billion dollars daily. We have an estimated 308,067,897 citizens of America. That's approximately $41,131.05 per citizen. That means, the moment your child, grand child, whatever, is born, he or she has a debt of $41,131.05.

Hey, with a number like $12,649,527,143,173, who's going to notice another $1.055 trillion, right?

Here's something else to factor in, today the Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq are all down a half a percent with under an hour left in trading. The economy is simply getting worse by the day and it makes no sense to make it worse.

"Oh! But Dephyle! What about the poor who otherwise couldn't afford healthcare!"

Well, I'm currently one of the 12.5% of unemployed Californians who can't afford healthcare. Think about this now, let's say in the time between now and when the bill goes into effect I find a job and get paid $44,000 a year. Not great wages, but, hey, it's better than than what I'm making now, right?

Well, On Nov. 2, the Congressional Budget Office estimated what the plans will likely cost. An individual earning $44,000 before taxes who purchases his own insurance will have to pay a $5,300 premium and an estimated $2,000 in out-of-pocket expenses, for a total of $7,300 a year, which is 17% of his pre-tax income, over $100 out of his pay check every week.

I ask you, what person making $44,000 a year has the disposable income to drop his yearly wage to $36,700? Not me, that's for sure.

Well, let's say I bite the bullet, pony up that $7,300 and keep my $44,000 a year job. Under H.R. 3962 your employer is required to pay 72.5% of your health care cost under penalty of incurring an 8% payroll tax. Now, I don't speak for anyone else, but, making employers in a time of our terrible economy sounds to me like a quick trip to the unemployment line for millions of Americans. Especially someone in my situation which, even if I found a job, I'll be the bottom of the totem when job cuts come around.

Our economy will be crippled, the few hiring companies are going to have to hire less people to keep their health care costs under their tight budget, many people that did find jobs will be laid off, the people that DO manage to keep their jobs are going to have to pay more out of pocket.

This healthcare bill could be the single thread that tears our great country apart.

It really does make me wonder if this isn't some conspiracy to lead us to a one world government, but, that's another topic for another thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Take the money from the military industrial complex. More than enough to go around. We dont need to spend the kind of money we do in dealing in death and war. We have enough do defend ourselves and have free health care at the same time. Cut the war machine budget to something reasonable and viola we have enough without increasing taxes.

We can demand this you know. Its just that so many have been BS'd into believing if we make those cuts it means less security. Just the opposite. Quit using our military as a ramrod for international business and we become safer and spend a lot less money.

Wake up for Christ sake.

join