It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash to Illegal Healthcare Legislation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That's what they want you to believe to justify spending more money on police kevlar gear. What they want is a cover to further their depopulation preparations. Don't fall for it. The average citizen in not enemy #1 of the government, well maybe he is but not because he might get violent, but because he might wake up and say NO

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Keep in mind that republicans are just as currupt and take away just as much if not more of our freedoms and have with things such as the patriot act and the creation of homeland security. These were both right wing creations. To vote for healthcare reform (which everyone agrees we need except the healthcare industry) should not give anyone the right to violence and threats.

This is nothing like the original Boston Tea Party that galvanized us into rebelling and put us on course for the revolutionary war. This is a movement to fight "half" of our goverment? Half? That makes no sense?

And let us not forget that instead of threatening the lawmakers themselves, by going to the homes and calling the phone numbers you are threatening children. Children? You have to threaten children to feel better about yourself?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Illegal unconstitutional legislation helps no American.
Obama,pelosi,and co. said this legislation would not be intrusive in peoples everyday lives. On the newsbreaks yesterday of most major tv and radio stations they reported that starting july 1,2010 there will be a 10% tax on tanning beds because
THE GOVT. BELIEVES THEY ARE UNHEALTHY!
Get as angry at us as you want but your life is no longer your own.
And don't stay on that computer to long it's bad for your eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
and it's a fricking health care bill, no one is going to call you a hero for fighting to stop something that is intended to help people. You'll just look like gullible idiots who we're whipped into a frenzy by some smooth talkers.

Thats whats insidious with it isnt it? This is nothing more than foot in the door legislation. They will use this legislation (over time) to make inroads elsewhere. Everything can be argued to be tied to health...Everything. All your choices can be tied to your well being and health at some level. After passing this their possibilities are endless.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

And let us not forget that instead of threatening the lawmakers themselves, by going to the homes and calling the phone numbers you are threatening children. Children? You have to threaten children to feel better about yourself?
Children?

Like the ones that Obama has been bragging about saving, when that IMPORTANT part of this HOLY legislation was forgotten?

And we have people telling us that the congressmen knew what they were voting on?

Hell, the president didn't even know! And he's the leader of the party!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by amazing

Children?

Like the ones that Obama has been bragging about saving, when that IMPORTANT part of this HOLY legislation was forgotten?

And we have people telling us that the congressmen knew what they were voting on?

Hell, the president didn't even know! And he's the leader of the party!

Regardless, That gives you no right to threaten another child. If your issue is with The President or the members of the democratic party then take it up with them. It's just as easy to verbally threaten them in their offices as it is their homes, where their families and CHILDREN reside.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rick1

OMG! YOUR FREAKING RIGHT! As a person with olive skin MY GOD HOW DARE THEY RAISE TAXES ON TANNING BEDS!

As I have never EVER used a tanning bed, what the hell do I care?

[edit on 3/25/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

As long as doesn't affect you, right wuk?

See, this is the mentality we have to fight people. This is what is ingrained in the minds of your SUPPOSED representatives. They do not represent you.

They represent their interests and the interests that back them.

Does this sound familiar?

This is how the evil pervades our government. It is the elitist mentality. If it does not affect them, WHO CARES.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, this one is running for an office.

Not surprising IS IT?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
to anyone in this thread that is talking about serious action against government officials (murder...are you serious? Because you disagree with their politics?
)

To those people, i say, i hope the Government is reading your messages and they find you.

Wishing violence on someone is pathetic. And it's even worse when the ONLY reason is because YOU are a republican and THEY are a democrat (or vise versa)

What the *bleep* has happened to Abovetopsecret?

It's gone from conspiracy site with a politicial section to a place for a bunch of pissed off republicans to go and talk about killing democrats.

edit to add:

A ton of posts in this thread are in severe violation of the following:

2e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities; specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, dicussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Pardon me if I steer this thing back on course...

Violent threats are nothing new in today's society. The advent of email has made it very easy for one to pen their thoughts and quickly send it before thinking twice.

These crybabies who are being threatened need to suck it up and deal with it. Although it may be new to them, violent threats are not new to the likes of any controversial talk show host. I wonder how many threats Glenn Beck receives on a weekly basis? Limbaugh? O'Reilly? Olbermann? etc etc.... For these guys it comes with the job.

For these elected representatives...This is what happens when you ignore the will of your constituents. This is no surprise to me.

Is it right? NO! There are extremists that come from all sectors of our society. Unfortunately, some of these folks have been acting out by throwing bricks, setting fires etc... Those are crimes that are punishible if caught.

Welcome to our new F%^$#* up world.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't think that the Democrats care that most of America does not want this particular health care overhaul. This is about fundamentally transforming the United States as we know it. There is a paradigm shift that is taking place.

All I can say is buckle up...get ready...we are in for a very, very rough ride ahead

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I am not condoning any threats made to children, of course.

If any children were actually threatened.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Thanks for sharing Snarf - eloquent as always.

Hey Snarf if you believe that a crime is being committed here in plain site don't you have a duty to report it as a sworn public servant?

A death threat is a Felony

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I don't know where John Boehner received his education in American history, but violent response is the QUINTESSENTIAL "American Way" in times of tyranny and government oppression. If not for violent response on the part of the American People, this nation would still be under British rule.

Here's the major flaw in your argument, and the fundamental difference in this debate:

Our forefathers didn't march into Britain and slay the king & queen.

They planted their asses in the colonies and said "We don't take orders from you any more"

When Britian ATTACKED them - they defended their selves and fought for independence.

What YOU are talking about is getting a gun and picking off a few innocent people from a few hundred yards.

It's pathetic.

IN fact, you know what? Pathetic isn't even the word....its angering to the point that i'm glad I believe in Karma.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yes because Freaking TANNING beds are a fundamental NECESSITY for life!

Cmon, get real!

The exact same effect you get from a tanning bed you can get for FREE from the SUN!

[edit on 3/25/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by amazing

I am not condoning any threats made to children, of course.

If any children were actually threatened.

Understood. I'm just saying that when an angry citizen leaves an explicit, threatening message at someone's house a child is bound to hear it or at least understand that he or a member of his immediate family may be in danger. There is no need for that, especially when you can leave the same message at the politicians office. This is damaging to the child and there is no excuse for it. Same thing with spitting and yelling racial slurs at congressmen. You can yell and curse a person all you want especially in the context of arguing against what they have done, but to insult in this way goes over the line.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
Thats whats insidiousness with it isnt it? This is nothing more than foot in the door legislation. They will use this legislation (over time) to make inroads elsewhere. Everything can be argued to be tied to health...Everything. All your choices can be tied to your well being and health at some level. After passing this their possibilities are endless.

You are aware that every other 1st world country on Earth has had free healthcare for generations and didn't spiral into a communist utopia, right?

Everything you just said is word for word what certain radio and TV talking heads tell you to think. Agreeing and accepting the opinions of others is fine, but you're putting your own credibility on the line for an opinion you didn't come to on your own.

All i'm really saying is don't allow the media to fill in the blanks for you, and prey on your fears. Wait this out and see if things turn out the way some people are saying, and if it doesn't, join the group mocking the people who made those claims.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They fear Special Interests, they fear The Banks, they know fear very well its just now they have a much larger group to fear. Since they only work for people they fear, I say this is a good thing. I do hope they do the right thing though as I certainly do not wish to see the Great American Standoff turn into violence.

That is not a lone domino that would be pushed over but the first of many in a long line.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Risen

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
Thats whats insidiousness with it isnt it? This is nothing more than foot in the door legislation. They will use this legislation (over time) to make inroads elsewhere. Everything can be argued to be tied to health...Everything. All your choices can be tied to your well being and health at some level. After passing this their possibilities are endless.

You are aware that every other 1st world country on Earth has had free healthcare for generations and didn't spiral into a communist utopia, right?

Everything you just said is word for word what certain radio and TV talking heads tell you to think. Agreeing and accepting the opinions of others is fine, but you're putting your own credibility on the line for an opinion you didn't come to on your own.

All i'm really saying is don't allow the media to fill in the blanks for you, and prey on your fears. Wait this out and see if things turn out the way some people are saying, and if it doesn't, join the group mocking the people who made those claims.

My answer is simple...We are not them. It kills me to hear this mentality in people; as if socialized healthcare is some sort of evolution into civility. What tripe! As is giving up freedom and choice is the highest level of freedom and choice. And it is not free healthcare because one class of people is paying for another class. I dont listen to talk radio and this sentiment is pretty prevalent without them. You want to tell me that in the absence of talk radio none of this discontent would be happening? Wrong, it would. This isn't coming from the measly audiences of talk shows. Believe it or not plenty of people follow other sources of news and do just fine without them.

Why wait it out and let this thing take root? Why wait until people go back to sleep? No and never...

People are upset about this because they know what it means. Let me quote my previous post:

Not because what they've heard from some talk show. Give me a break guy.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was raised to always stand up for myself and what I knew was right. I was raised to be mindfull of what came out of my mouth. I was raised with the knowledge that to coward down to a bully would get me the same consequenses at home as being a bully would.

I think that is a good description of the American spirit.

I dont like violence. But with all due respect, what did they expect would happen? We are not they type of people to lay down and be bullied. ESPECIALLY if we know that our neighbors feel the same way.

Considering the positions they hold, I can assume they are well versed on American history. Why would they be so arrogant to assume we would all just bow down and kiss their feet and say "What every you think is best"?

This is going to get very ugly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join