It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash to Illegal Healthcare Legislation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
No, it won't be this health care disaster that causes a revolution. It will be in a year or so when we hear Obama say "Let me be clear. Gun violence costs America millions of dollars a year, and thousands of lives and has torn apart families across the nation. We will be better off without guns."

Mark my words. Then watch the # hit the fan.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Only 10???

We have ~315 Million people in America.

65%-75% of them don't want the bill/law.

That's appx. 204-236 Million people.

They get ~10 threats.

Only one action. If you can even consider cutting a line on propane tank outside as nothing more than something a broken hearted punk kid could achieve at some girls home for dissing him.

OK... Waste some more time and tax dollars protecting them?

Back in the day, congressmen would be hanged by the neck for going against the populace.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Shut Up Cry Baby ... my favorite catch phrase for thin skinned cowardly types.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I just don't understand you Republican supporters at all. What do you see in your party as good? 8 years of W. Bush left us with an economy in critical condition, anti-american sentiment all over the world, They lied about WMD's to get us involved in endless war, torture, the Patriot act stripping away a huge chunk of our privacy and our right to not be searched without cause etc they were involved in massive war profiteering in Iraq I mean the list goes on and on and on and on until I want to throw up all over my keyboard.

What's Borack Obama done?..answer

I voted for Obama. He seems like a decent family man, a well spoken natural born leader, capable of compromise and diplomacy. He has improved America's reputation around the world. He called the bankers 'Fatcats' I love that. How can you hate on this guy. Obamas my man, I'd high five him and say good job dude, you did the best you could with a country nearly destroyed by insane neocons.

And how about Rush Limbaugh saying he would leave the country if Health Care passed? I don't see it happening yet. Get out of America you racist pillhead. Go live on a boat in international waters and do pirate radio.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
to anyone who says civil war II is gonna happen when Obama tries to take away our guns..

Who cares about guns. I can do more damage to the government with a few dollars worth of gas and some free matches, than Id ever be able to do with a gun. Purification by fire. You don't need firearms to hurt the tyrants, all you need is fire. It's our first best tool.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
The tonne of previous threads that have amounted to nothing is evidence enough for me. I'd bet my dollar that in 2 months time people like you will still be sitting on this forum insisting for some rebellion that came and went.

How does that saying go? Even a broken clock is right twice a day....

What time is it?

It may just be that all this "talk" was people saying please do not do this. Do not leave us with no other choice.

Much has been done in the way of peaceful redress - every attempt thus far has been shot down in the admiralty court as having "no standing". Despite all of this a very bold form of peaceful redress is underway with little hope of success and still we try because the Constitution demands we must.

If peaceful redress continues to fail eventually we will be left with but one option and no one I know of wants to see that happen but far better men and women than ourselves have given everything to afford us the freedoms we enjoy and everything they have sacrificed now stands to be lost. We have no right to debate whether we let this happen - We have a duty to ensure that it does not.

This Rogue system will not continue. The will of the People will be recognized as the true power in the land. They can accept this fact now or later, but that day of reckoning is coming.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
can someone please explain to me how the health care bill was passed illegally? Sorry Im currently not living in America and have not been following the news too closely. Did they push the bill to a vote without putting it through all the checks and balances? correct me if im wrong

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

I don't see where anyone on this thread is supporting Republicans as you say. The fact is there were over 200 proposals and amendments within the Healthcare legislation that were introduced by Republicans. They are equally guilty of undermining the will of the majority of the people. The fact that none voted for the bill, was only a political ploy.

As for the legislation? Follow the money.

As for the Progressive movement?

Too bad that as you attempt to "Spread the Wealth", you don't attempt to spread the work ethic, effort, and risk taking required to produce it?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've been reading a few sites, including facebook pages that have cropped up where people are threatening to "take up arms" and "kill all the liberals".

This is absolutely insane. I will not support THAT.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Natural and Probable Consequences

Those ramifications of a particular course of conduct that are reasonably foreseeable by a person of average intelligence and generally occur in the normal course of events.

source

"illegitimi nil carborundum"

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well you can thank the endless spewing of lies from the Right for this. If the truth was given instead of the constant barrage of lies from FOX news and the GOP people would be much happier about this bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The people who want to get violent are playing right into their hands. I'm just sorry they can't see that. When you threaten to shoot another's children, game is over. They will find out just how fast revolution comes to their doorstep and they won't like it at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
As much as I hate to pull quotes from popular culture, this one fits pretty well into this:

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government, governments' should be afraid of their people."

Sounds to me like a step in the right direction.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Being who and what they are I wouldn't trust anything they say. I would investigate their claims and file charges against them if they're making any false claims. I think there is probably a good measure of spin on their part.

I believe there was going to be backlash regardless, no matter which way the vote went. After all, as our dry drunk VP Joe Biden put it " This is a big F-ing deal ". Would you expect anything less to happen?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready that includes the Republicans! FIRE CONGRESS!

I don't know who the 4 Democrats were that voted against this, but they have certainly gotten my attention. They might, just might, be worth their weight in salt. Everyone else must go!

Tim Holden (D) Pennsylvania voted against. I don't know about the other three.

Tim is a conservative, former sheriff of Schuykill County, PA.
He voted with his constituents wishes.

I will vote for him again.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The tree of liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As far as Stupak goes, here are the facts. Stupak was against the health care bill because of questionable language concerning abortion funds. (Stupak is a pro life Democrat) Well, the deal was in order for Stupak to change his vote, Obama was going to sign an executive order that would continue the ban for health care funds to be used for abortions.

Obama did just that...

Executive Order -- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's Consistency with Longstanding Restrictions on the Use of Federal Funds for Abortion

So, those that are hunting for Stupak's head need to take a reality pill and calm down. He still is pro life and there are no federal funds for women to get abortions in this bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

yadda yadda yadda. Please grow up.

It's funny how silent many were on here while Bush was stomping all over the constitution. But now that the Democrats actually DO something. It's now Revolution time? Please do us a favor, stop watching Glen Beck, and Hannity. Save your brain for real critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Of COURSE we should respond directly to the provocations offered by way of "Democrat & Republican" facade. I agree that the two-party system is a vaudeville routine, a distraction; but we have to respond to SOMETHING, wouldn't you agree?

— Doc Velocity

What Emerald is telling you is that your response would simply be a waste of time. You'll get that piece of crud out and they just bring another one in. If you want the whole system gone, then you need to go to the root. If you want to respond, figure out who is most effective to respond to.

All this outrage is laughable. What are you going to do? Vote for Republicans? They won't repeal the act as it gives them power. Once they are in charge they will be loathe to give up that power. Personally, I'm just not voting for any of them if they have a D or R behind their name.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by antonia]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
As far as Stupak goes, here are the facts. Stupak was against the health care bill because of questionable language concerning abortion funds. (Stupak is a pro life Democrat) Well, the deal was in order for Stupak to change his vote, Obama was going to sign an executive order that would continue the ban for health care funds to be used for abortions.

Obama did just that...

Executive Order -- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's Consistency with Longstanding Restrictions on the Use of Federal Funds for Abortion

So, those that are hunting for Stupak's head need to take a reality pill and calm down. He still is pro life and there are no federal funds for women to get abortions in this bill.

Now in all fairness what is a Presidential Executive Order other than his own or his successors "line item veto" not buying that one.

Just leave it in the bill for now (Because... The people want it?) and I promise to nullify it. Nope! not buying that one for a moment.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Obama did just that...

Funny thing about executive orders is that they only apply to those in the executive branch. Not the judicial and not the legislative. The president has no authority to order that no federal funds go to abortions. That is a law that the legislative branch must vote on. If the President could just sign an executive order on anything he wants then well....he'd be a dictator wouldn't he?

And another funny thing about executive orders...they can be erased by the next administration. They have NO staying power. So if Stupak didn't know this he is a complete idiot. I for one do think he wasn't this stupid and knows this and everything he did was for show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join