It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Leaks: Video Of Government Shooting Journalists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
I sent this to all the Icelandic Media late last night , it's now breaking as big news/scandal over here. National Tv as well as most of the media is on this matter.

I'm expecting some official comments on this , will keep you posted.

I have just checked some of the Icelandic English news sources, and none of them seem to mention anything.

icelandreview.com...
www.icenews.is...
icelandnews.com...

Can you please point us to a source that shows this as breaking news in Iceland.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Do you have info on Bloom's death? What "truth" was he too close to and about to report?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I think people meam they already believe the journalists were killed, and they hope the proof is real, so as to show what the government is capable of. Or something like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
REPLY TO HORZA

Sure...

Our National New Network.
www.ruv.is...

Eyjan - Influential media outlet.
eyjan.is...

An highly respected reporter and host of our biggest political TV show demanding answers.

silfuregils.eyjan.is...

It's only just coming out this evening , we'll see what happens tomorrow. I have also heard that Birgitta Jonsdottir that is involved with the immi.is initiative and who also has a seat in our parliament suspects that she has been followed and wiretapped, that in itself is huge.

Julian Assange-Wikileaks is involved with IMMI.

Apparently an Icelandic associate of Wikileaks was arrested , interrogated and held for 21 hours , while being shown photos taken of him and Julian and informed that people high up were interested in what they were up to.

I assure you , if all of this checks out this will be big over here....Huge !

We have no secret service ....that we know of....

IMMI is ...
"The Icelandic Modern Media Initiative addresses the key issues for free expression in the digital age, and may yet be the catalyst for the kind of legislative reforms that all 21st Century democracies will need.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Compulsionist]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Compulsionist

Cheers mate ... I looked at some of the Icelandic language news sources but, as I can't read Icelandic, it made it difficult for me to navigate.

Well, it this does start breaking on MSM around the globe, it could get interesting ... very interesting

edit - On Australian MSM as of yesterday
www.sbs.com.au...

[edit on 25/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

A new video from Russia Today.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Very good thread. Interesting but not surprising me much. You aint seen nothing yet though. Your countrys gonna mess up quicker than most i reckon.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Did a simple Google search of: "What happens on April 5th?", and it took me to Wiki.answers. At the bottom of the page in finer print I found this question:

In the book "Night", what happens on April 5th? a further search brought an interesting answer. Below, is a very basic summary of "Night" by Elie Wiesel.

Night is a work by Elie Wiesel based on his experience, as a young Orthodox Jew, of being sent with his family to the German concentration camps at Auschwitz and Buchenwald during the Second World War and the Holocaust.

Here is the answer for, What happens on April 5th in the book "Night"?

In chapter 9 of Elie Wiesel's "Night," he states: "On April 5, the wheel of history turned."

It was late afternoon. We were standing inside the block, waiting for an SS to come and count us. He was late."

This is the beginning of the end of the Nazi rule over the Jewish people in Europe. The Jewish people are ordered to assemble, but some members of the underground tell him not to go because the Germans are trying to kill everyone before the end of the war.

The people are told the camp would be "liquidated." This was also the day that the rations of soup and bread stopped being handed out.

By April 10th the resistance is in charge and the Americans arrive to free the prisoners.

link: wiki.answers.com...
link: en.wikipedia.org...
link: www.enotes.com...

Perhaps this date was selected for release, because it represents the end of the Governments rule over the people.

Just tossing this out there for thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well they kind of disappeared for a day or so, on Twitter anyway. They just posted an update, which is a link to a series of videos.

Looks like they are trying to promote their site and editor by the video. Maybe a great marketing ploy that got them some unwanted attention from the Government? Maybe that's why they were so active right away with pushing this, and the poof for a day...then promote the site and its editor? Stir up some crazy conspiracies because you are short on cash? Now I realize Wikileaks has been a great source but one has to wonder if this not the case.

Why, now when they update would they not say anything about this? That is odd.

I really hope this is not the case, but I went go to school for marketing, have run full campaigns and to me this seems to be pretty clever.

A 2009 video posted tonight with this description :

"Wikileaks is a website that publishes anonymous submissions and leaks of sensitive governmental, corporate, or religious documents, while attempting to preserve the anonymity and untraceability of its contributors. Within one year of its December 2006 launch, its database had grown to more than 1.2 million documents. Wikileaks aims to be an uncensorable version of Wikipedia for untraceable mass document leaking and analysis. Their goal is to ensure that whistle-blowers and journalists are not thrown into jail for emailing sensitive or classified documents."

WikiLeaks editor speaking in Malaysia (video)

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Flag Star and Bump from me.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So the fact is, you have no real proof of anything you're claiming, other than the "blogs" you cite.
I'm sorry, but that's no proof at all. I can make a blog and claim anything I like but it doesn't mean it's true.

Bottom line:

FAIL
*edit for i doesn't speel tto good n stuff*

[edit on 26-3-2010 by GroundZero]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

A new video from Russia Today.

Seeing that video and reading that wikileaks takes anonymous submissions makes me wonder how they would know it's not a foreign intelligence agency jerking their chain ?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Or this could be a part of the US govt campaign to take down and damage Wikileaks.

In this case they could be setting Wikileaks up for a major failure so as to negatively affect their credibility and cause people to take them less seriously in the future.

I wonder...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I am watching this unfold and praying for everyone's safety.

As Dan Rather used to say, "Courage."

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just hope Wikileaks are not overhyping this.

There is mention made of video of an airstrike. If it is an airstrike that took out journalists, then they better have an audio of the pilot or drone operator saying something incriminating, like " mission accomplished, we wasted the journalists you told us to kill."

If it just video of an airstrike that happened to kill some journalists, plausible denial will be easy for the military, even if they are guilty.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I don't know if it is a big story or not, but in this 2008 link you can see that the US military have a strategy for Wikileaks for some time now.

file....__._/file/us-intel-wikileaks.pdf

Scary enough in itself.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, definitely! I will be following this story, eagerly waiting to see just what they have.

I just hope they have a smoking gun and not a crayon drawing of a shell casing.
If the story is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, I want it to see bright sunshine, so some heads roll.
Thanks for the link.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I doubt the US military would purposely kill journalist. I also doubt if it was an air strike the pilots would be told to kill journalist. Why would the US military need to kill a journalist for? They can just issue a gag order on them. They could confiscate their film or whatever evidence they have and force them out of the combat zone. They could slander them, discredit them, and spin the story. See where I am going?
This isn’t Russia, whose government really does target journalist. I don’t see how this can be true and if it is, it must’ve been an accident which they tried to cover up.
Wikileaks has been good, but the fact they are very short on operating funds makes me question what is going on. I don’t agree wikileaks should be releasing every bit of classified information they get. Some of the material they release put US troops at risk and serves no purpose except it is classified.
People are taking this hook line and sinker, which conspiracy people seem to do. Just like the galactic federation of light.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
350 flags and not a shred of evidence other than some journalists running with a story they themselves have no evidence of. . . .

Im not saying the stroy is false. I am saying, however, that there is no evidence other than what a couple people tweeted. . . Since when did ATS start believing in tweets and blogs?

I think it shows a decline in "deny ignorance" when so many people just throw their selves behind a blog or a tweet.

I'll be watching this story but with a great deal of skepticism. It's my suggestion that everyone do the same or risk serious dissapoitment.

If this is true the people at wikileaks are putting themselves in serious danger. . . "cracked" pentagon encryption? Just saying that is enough to blackhat every person involved with them or worse label them as treasonous. I think anyone with any sense would just turn it over anonymously to several media outlets, papers, post it anonymously all over the web.

Until I see real evidence I have to go with publicity stunt.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wikileaks is the real deal, it's a pity their funding is limited, some of the stuff i've read there is priceless. (due to funding they can not making all their archives available, only the most recent)
They will publish anything that you can prove, that someone else does not want in the media. They've covered environmental, political, financial and other major stories.

Julian Assange, the editor, has never before put himself in the spotlight, i don't see any other reason than to protect himself. He has only been pushing his face and the story since last night, where a MINOR who was helping was held overnight in Iceland. They had the story, the US moved, now we see countermove. Iceland is the first democracy, they take personal freedom very seriously, which the US, by their covert actions, is trampling.

They have been hacked, shut down and more, and each time have a working mirror. It's a dangerous game they're playing, but they are not playing, they're serious, and very good at what they do. I wish them well.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join