It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Leaks: Video Of Government Shooting Journalists

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i saw one guy with what looked to be an AK at about 3:40

i'm surprised reuters isn't all over this, so far it looks like that the only ones reporting this are Al-Jazeera
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Naphariel]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I posted too to my facebook but it's still there... But that was 17 minutes ago, only 13 more to go to see if it'll be deleted :S

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unium

I posted too to my facebook but it's still there... But that was 17 minutes ago, only 13 more to go to see if it'll be deleted :S

Interesting thing....I reposted it....and now the original post is back up...WTF?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can understand the soldiers engaging in the beginning; there were indeed people with weapons down there. What I found sickening was the guy in the chopper practically begging the wounded man to pick up a weapon so he could finish him off.

Then of course, firing on a vehicle that is clearly just trying to help the wounded and with children in the front. And finally, blaming the Iraqis for, "bringing their kids into a battle."

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Maybe just a Facebook error/bug
?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ive just written an posted a letter to the BBC asking why they havent reported on it yet, and ive told them that if they dont, i have within my rights by the royal charter to refuse to pay my TV licence, all brits should write to the BBC now put pressure on them. I will let you know of any replies

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmodromia tis parnasida

I e-mailed them earlier but I wasn't as harsh =) ( although what you said is completely true)

Aaah, as usual this video ( which has stuck at 359 views on youtube despite the hundreds of comments... ahem) will go largely unnoticed.... I'm just hoping to turn on the tele and see a big news story on it, i guess i can still dream can't I ?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmodromia tis parnasida
Ive just written an posted a letter to the BBC asking why they havent reported on it yet, and ive told them that if they dont, i have within my rights by the royal charter to refuse to pay my TV licence, all brits should write to the BBC now put pressure on them. I will let you know of any replies
You are a smart cookie!

These are the things that will make something happen.

I still don't expect the right thing to happen, as this SHOULD be all over MSM now. We shouldn't have to hold their feet to the fire.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Reporters Embedded in Iraq by Month

January 73
February 93
March 96
April 126
May 102
June 119
July 165
August 193
September 219
October 78
November 95
December 97

January 93
February 105
March 107
April 109
May 90
June 58
July 59

Makes you wonder what changed in September 2007 a 141 reporters quit rideing with US forces. Did they end up with those 141 reporters running wild in Iraq or were they using private security forces like KBR and Black Water? The events in the video from wikileaks happened 3 months later in December 2007. Were those people with the reporters that looked like they had weapons really holding weapons because they were private security for reporters who held something that looked like a RPG which I guess was a long zoom camera?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Don't expect any news outlets to pick this up. The same as they have allowed Geithner a free pass on his fraud of TARP money, and Obama his free pass on trying to sell political favors, the "media" are discouraged from participating in any spectacle involving Uncle Sam.

This story was dead 7 days ago, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How does this video [at the moment] have 831 likes/dislikes and 650+ comments ...yet ONLY 359 VIEWS?

Blatent in your face YouTube censorship.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cytokine_Strom

Exactly. It's pathetic, but it doesn't really matter because many people follow wikileaks, and this video is getting attention. Let's just hope that Youtube isn't stupid enough to delete the video/take it down. THAT would make me angry ( although i've got a copy now so, oh well =) )

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A very sad video.

The ground soldiers appear to be showing some compassion towords the injured and wounded.

The guy in charge of the flying machine is obviously some kind of psycho.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cytokine_Strom
How does this video [at the moment] have 831 likes/dislikes and 650+ comments ...yet ONLY 359 VIEWS?

Blatent in your face YouTube censorship.

This is common for new videos, the counter is not "live". You can't sit and refresh the video and see the counter go up. When a video is first uploaded i think it takes awhile for the stats to really work.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
A very sad video.

The ground soldiers appear to be showing some compassion towords the injured and wounded.

The guy in charge of the flying machine is obviously some kind of psycho.
I agree.
My guess is that the helo crew are detached from what they are doing, because they don't see the end result up-close and personal.

The ground personnel were greeted by a truly hellish scene. Blood, body parts and gore. It would take a very cold-hearted person to not feel for those kids, Either way.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
just hit icelandic msm

mbl.is...

briefly stating what happens in the video (plus link to vid on wikileaks) and mentioning that reuters had been denied access to the video, and that the military are claiming innocence.

a member of icelandic parliament, birgitta jónsdóttir, was on the production team.

this must spread.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
RT news has just released some of the footage www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Man, that Apache crew was bloodthirsty as any terrorist they say, they're 'protecting' us from.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

That's one of the links!!! i'll eat my hat

You now how the huffpo uses that huge pic on the home page? then has a link on top and then several links of the bottom? The wikileaks vid release was one of the links of the bottom - I haven't been able to find that article on the site since then.

Glad to see that at least they are carrying that one article. NOT glad it happened.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is what basically justifies this massacre:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb7f364a2e8e.gif[/atsimg]

Look at two men at the top. Probably a camera stand or something, but enough for more than 3 military persons to permit shooting from a helicopter.

The version I embedded is optimized, here's a better one:

Large GIF file

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join