It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Leaks: Video Of Government Shooting Journalists

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yeah a b- threat in Kansas now, too, at a courthouse, nonetheless.

Perhaps they wish to do their own "version" of investigating the story, you know, how evil Wikileaks is and all. /s

I was hoping above all, Reuters would pick it up, but nothing there so far, either that I could find.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was passing news of this to friends to watch and something popped into my head.

I remember the President in charge of this army got the Nobel peace prize. I also remember Obama's acceptance speech for the Nobel peace prize. In the speech he mentioned the saying 'do onto others as you would have done onto you'

I also rember Obama stepping up to a mic as President and stating ' The buck stops with me'

He really should stop using cliches.

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, they deliver as promised.

Too bad the footage can be played down so easily by the army. "we thought they had weapons and a RPG, it was ok to shoot first and make sure later"

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There WAS a huge article on the Huffington Post first thing this AM reporting that the soldiers dug the bullets out of the victims to cover up the crime.

Then.....

Suddenly....

The article "disappeared" .....

Completely!

Saw it myself with my own two eyes at 9am this morning. I knew that the news release was due to this video from WikiLeaks.org. By 9:30am it was gone without a trace.

Just thought I'd pass this along

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

To bad your plan to blame Obama doesn't work since this happened
Dec. 12 2007.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
How reckless... I am ashamed to be an American right now

-E-

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MysterE]

Same here.

I love our soldiers, but hate what they are made to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It seems Youtube has pulled the vid down too.
it can still be seen at: collateralmurder.com...

sorry, I don' know how to link so you'll have to copy and paste

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by butcherguy
I was hoping that Wikileaks had more than that.

The military will slide right out of this one.

I know, what with how there being no weapons visible, a clear view of a camera and kids in the van. Very easy to slide out of.
I bet they do.

The footage was saddening, but I thought I saw weapons in the beginning.

I am not saying that someone shouldn't hang for this, just that they probably won't.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

He is in charge now. He promised troops home. He lied lied lied. He is still fighting a phoney fake war. We now know it is just an excuse for pure evil murder, MURDER

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by MysterE
How reckless... I am ashamed to be an American right now

-E-

[edit on 5-4-2010 by MysterE]

Same here.

I love our soldiers, but hate what they are made to do.

This gunner wasn't forced to do anything. He begged for clearance to kill each and every one of them.

The gunner even begged to kill the people from the van who try to help the wounded. How sick is that. I thought it was against the Geneva convention to kill unarmed and wounded men?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I hope that someone has to pay for this.

I realize what our government is capable of doing though. And I doubt that anyone who should be made to pay, will.

I expect a scapegoat will be put up, no doubt. But not anyone who decides the rules of engagement.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Dec. 12 2007.

He was in charge for this. I think you should read. Sorry I don't have video of this. It sounds even worse. The bloody list is endless.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

This new was released new years eve when the planet was getting drunk off thier a*s's

peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Those wernt weapons thay were cameras slung over the shoulders of the reporters, 2nd line

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Dec. 12 2007.

He is the CIC right now, so he has a job to do, I do not trust that he will do the right thing though.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmodromia tis parnasida

Those wernt weapons thay were cameras slung over the shoulders of the reporters, 2nd line
In the very beginning of the video, there are men who are not identified as reporters or journalists that had cameras that look just like rifles, then. Funny way to build a camera, that looks like an AK.

Don't get me wrong, there were serious problems with the rules of engagement here, the van thing was just plain WRONG!

[edit on 5-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I am not talking about how heavy his heart was while he was gunning. I am talking about our troops, in general, being made to go into foreign countries to fight and die for people who are not Americans.

I am talking about how the psychological effects of the methods used to train our soldiers creates a wholly dehumanized approach.

No need to dig out an argument from the very few words i spoke.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No, there were rifles present. Looked like AK's, but i could be wrong. Not the 2 reporters, but others who were in the area.

I did not see anything even close to an RPG, though, nor anything that looked like an RPG being fired.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
OMG!!!! I posted a link to collateralmurder.com... on my facebook....it was up for 30 minutes and someone deleted it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes, but be honest. From watching the video alone -- without reading the captioning -- could you tell that they were cameras? And further, did you see anything that looked as if there was a possible photo-op about to happen?

I am not justifying these actions, nor am I saying it's all OK -- but one of the problems with these videos is that we have no idea how long the military was staking out this sight and what events transpired prior to the video that drew the attention of the soldiers to that particular area to begin with.

I will defend the mentality of soldiers though since I look at it like this: If you are raped, mugged, or carjacked at any point in your life, you tend to be very cautious of EVERYONE from that point forward. All people begin to look like potential attackers.

In the case of the soldiers, how many times do they need to be shot at or watch their fellow soldiers' trucks blow-up unexpectedly right before their eyes before they adopt a kill or be killed attitude?

Again, I'm not saying it's right, but perhaps understandable at this juncture. This has been going on for more than 8 years now -- with no end in sight -- and many of these soldiers have been deployed three or four times now.

Also, keep in mind that the final order to kill was down via radio. The soldiers asked permission, and it was granted.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join