It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas line cut at home of Va. congressman's brother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by OldDragger

So were the Founding fathers criminals then? Mob rule is called democracy.

Actually yes...yes they were...and no doubt if they would have lost, they would have been tried and all hung for treason against the crown.

What worked for them however is that they had the numbers to actually pull off a revolution and so what was once a british colony became a soverign nation unto itself.

But make no mistake, what the founding fathers did was treasonous to the british empire.

In that sentiment....any group you can think of can do the same in America and try to overthrow the government and set up their own form of government...be it facism, communism, etc...and if they win, then years down the line, the people will call that initial group the founding fathers..but if they dont have the numbers and fail, they will be recorded in history as little more than criminals that were executed for murder.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Remember all those tea baggers carrying their guns around at their protests? I digress at this point.....

OH-NO not guns.
Him can you kill a person with a knife? What about a club? Please go and read the constitution it is pretty clear on this one. And if you don't like the constitution to bad deal with it or leave. Or better yet start anti-gun rallies in your local area.

What? Who said anything about the constitution? I full support the right to bear arms. I own a few myself...I just don't feel the need to send out a veiled threat under the guise of publicly exercising my right to bear arms.

"Don't tread on me".....gun toting...anti-tax...anti-health care reform...gee, I wonder who could be making threatening calls?

Some of you I have spoken to about the TPM...I believe that we agreed that the movement was being hijacked by fringe loonies...and that the loonies they show in the media do not represent the founding ideals of the movement. BUT, there are those loose cannons...and this is precisely where they have congregated.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I wonder if you even realise how much of a tool you are? That's right you are working for them and they probably don't even pay you.
[edit on 24-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

Yes, I am a tool for having a different opinion than you..and you are tool free, great critical thinking there.

Heres how my tool mentality works, in case you are interested.

Protests...great...fantastic. I will either participate in one or disagree with one but respect their rights anyhow..even if I think the movement may be foolish.

Violence...on any end is where it crosses the line. Sorry, but if you are required to act violently against democratically elected representitives, then you are in fact the enemy of the republic. If your words cannot sway enough people within a republic to vote in the right guy, then accept defeat and work up a better slogan or philosophical display of the ideals you preach...but to instead simply try to take by force what you failed to take by words makes you (not personally of course, but whomever) the definition of enemy of the government...not the opposition which is healthy, but the enemy...and the government has sworn a oath to protect the people from enemies, both foreign and domestic.

False flags are real...sure, but there are alot more supposed false flags than actual false flags. This comes down to people not wanting to take responsibility for the fringe elements of their partys actions.

Ok I can't listen to this nonsense anymore. this is what happens when people don't know thier history Democracy is not part of the free Republic! Please read the constitution nowhere does it mention democracy. Democracy has usurped thee free Republic and every democratically elected representative ought to be arrested for treason! The founders abhorred democracy which is why they set up a free republic instead. read what they had to say about democracy. Democracy is the problem not the answer! see this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Founding Fathers on democracy:
Benjamin Franklin: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers: We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.

John Adams: Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Thomas Jefferson: A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

James Madison: Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

John Quincy Adams: The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.

Thomas Jefferson: The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Benjamin Franklin (maybe): Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

James Madison: Democracy was the right of the people to choose their own tyrant.

John Adams: That the desires of the majority of the people are often for injustice and inhumanity against the minority, is demonstrated by every page of the history of the world.

More here: takeourcountryback-snooper.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The Loose Cannons have not congregated in the Tea Parties. I guarantee that anyone spouting ridiculous calls for immediate violence, or demonstrating erratic behavior, or acting psychotic in any other manner, would not be welcome at a meeting, or at a rally!

I guarantee it!

As we said, many of the Partiers do carry weapons. Those weapons could be used to stifle any loony from doing something stupid. All of the Partiers that I know are also very upright and honest, hard-working people, and they would not take kindly to some loony disrupting their activities. There is also a big law-enforcement and ex-military involvement in the movement. This is due to their Patriotism, and they are "Sworn" to uphold the law and protect their communities! They would never allow some loony to injure anyone in their presence.

Loonies exist, and they may latch onto and claim anything they see fit, but it is a lie! This goes for Palin and Beck as well! They are just as loony as the ones threatening violence.

I 100% guarantee that violence is not coming from any real group of Tea Partiers in your community. There may be fringe groups clinging to the name, it isn't a registered name or franchise, so anyone can use it, but they could just as easily call themselves Libertarians or Reptilians, it wouldn't matter, Loonies are Loonies!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Violence...on any end is where it crosses the line. Sorry, but if you are required to act violently against democratically elected representatives, then you are in fact the enemy of the republic.

funny you should mention that !!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened to us on 9/11.
I didn't see America invade Israel.

That is EXACTLY what happened to the US Navy Destroyer
LIBERTY by Israeli planes. I didn't see America invade Israel.

When our government will NOT protect us
then it's time for us to protect ourselves
from all enemies .... foreign and DOMESTIC

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

A fox in the hen house is still a fox in the hen house

The TPM may be distancing the movement from the fringe, which is great...However, I'm merely saying that they (the fringe) are there.

When we get names associated with these threats...I wager that they will be associated with the TPM, not D or R.

This is not an attack on the credibility of the TPM, it's pointing out where I believe the threats are coming from....from the fringe loonies.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
All the people who do not like it because people are upset at a government that is operating against the will of the people should take a few moments and read the Declaration of Independence.

The Federal Government and the Federal bureaucracy are wildly out of control.

When the election in November comes I hope all you liberal weenies will take note of who will cause trouble at the polls and attempt to steal the election. It will not be the Tea Party people.

Was very interesting and telling and indicative of the mentality of the left that after the inauguration of Zero the capitol mall was totally trashed... When the Tea Party people had a crowd of over a million they left if clean. Its called personal responsibility and respect for others which the left has little of. The trash left trash.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Sorry, but if you are required to act violently against democratically elected representitives,

Ok I can't listen to this nonsense anymore. this is what happens when people don't know thier history Democracy is not part of the free Republic!

mildly curious why you chose to hit my post for your rant...
Your right...democracy sucks, if this was a democracy, we would all have free everythings, nothing would ever get accomplished, we may still have slaves, etc.

The only democracy we experience is when we vote for our representitives to participate in the republic.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Violence...on any end is where it crosses the line. Sorry, but if you are required to act violently against democratically elected representatives, then you are in fact the enemy of the republic.

funny you should mention that !!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened to us on 9/11.
I didn't see America invade Israel.

Why would we invade Israel? You think Israel caused 9/11?
Prove it.
As far as the people that did (theoretically) attack us...well, we responded.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neechi
We have lost our freedom...little by little and the governments only gonna take more! I'm moving to mexico...asta la weigo...

What good is that going to do when the Noth American Union come's into play?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cheer up, everyone. I'm sure Jon Stewart will be making jokes about these death threats before you know it. That way everyone can just laugh off the claims and dismiss them as "not really something to worry about".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
These incidents will probably become more common before things get better.

My reasoning for this is that there are so many unemployed that are easy prey for unscrupulous trouble starters who would accept grocery money to throw a few well placed bricks, cut a gas line, make harassing phone calls and many other forms of soft violence.

Americans are angry, hungry and to be truthful, some are not mentally adjusted. The perfect recipe for violence.

I pray I'm wrong but I do expect to see blood shed and many arrests.

Jacksonville, Fla. is about 60 miles from my city. There is so much violence there and 60 miles north of me in Savannah, Ga.also.

Our crime rate is growing rapidly in my little city of Brunswick, Ga..

I do not like what I'm seeing but can see no way to stop it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Oh but then comes the savior of the day!

FEMA Camps and Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And Sarah Palin is telling these people to "reload". Good grief!

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
And Sarah Palin is telling these people to "reload". Good grief!

thehill.com...

No doubt the Palinites will say that her comment was taken out of context...or that we are reading too much into it...

Have no doubt that there is a lot of "veiled" threats floating around out there. And while veiled they may be, it doesn't change what they are.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
These incidents will probably become more common before things get better.

Unfortunately, it will get worse.

Everyone should think about this for a moment: Are you prepared to become unemployed, homeless, penniless? As things get worse, there will be those that had never thought or expected that they could end up out on the streets that will. How many of you are prepared for the reality of something like that? Move in with a relative or a friend? Well, what if they find themselves in the same predicament? What if someone else has already moved in with them? Would they want to even take you in, knowing it could be years before you might find work again? Any one of you could suddenly find yourselves in such a situation like this.

What is the percentage of people that will just flip out and go nuts and do something destructive and pointless, as they just give up on life .. just because they have lost everything they once had? How many? How many will give up hope a year later? Two years later? And what would you do if the reality suddenly hit you that you will be living on the streets starting tomorrow?

As people start becoming more desperate, things will only get worse. Oh sure, YOU might be able to handle it, got a solution and answer for it all in YOUR case, but what about those that can't and/or won't? Some people will choose to become like some kind of martyr than accept a lifestyle of living under bridges and having to beg for food. We saw that happen with that plane flying into that IRS building.

The gangsters are in control and own everything and there is no place for us to escape to any more (well, I suppose we could set sail for Canada and say WE discovered it when we arrive there and drive out all the natives, ha). You can't even run off to your own piece of land out in the woods, the property tax collector will still find ya and he doesn't accept a basket of potatoes as payment, only greenbacks (unless you default and flip them off, ha, then they will come and try to take just about anything you got, ha)!!! So you see, we're all trapped .. we must play THE SLAVE GAME because our master and his gangsters have made up all their own rules and we MUST play by them. ALL OF YOU that are MOB RULED by those in DC! Well, except for the elite ptb of course.

We're trapped and we're screwed, and to be honest with you, I don't think we're going to be able to vote our way out of this mess. I don't even want to clean up this mess. Who among you want to be pay off this obama mistake and all that national debt for god knows how long (because it's only going to keep piling up too!!!)? I say screw it, it's RESET TIME FOLKS! RESET TIME!!!
Really, lol, I don't want to play this monopoly game any more, we already know who has won. Game over. Reset time .. someone toss the first rock, pleeeeease.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
These alledged " Death Threats " in themselves could have been staged by TPTB for Political reasons IMO . It always seems when Public Opinion is dissatisfied with Goverment Policies , an " Incident ' is manufactured as Propaganda to divide the Nation .

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I notice both of you did not put the full quote down and then stated someone will probably say it was taken out of context.

WOW, lie by exclusion much?

Here is the quote-"Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!"

And this was stated TUESDAY, before any of this happened.

Again, LIE by exclusion much?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I notice both of you did not put the full quote down and then stated someone will probably say it was taken out of context.

WOW, lie by exclusion much?

Here is the quote-"Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!"

And this was stated TUESDAY, before any of this happened.

Again, LIE by exclusion much?

So this changes the meaning of her "tweet" how? See, this_is_who_we_are...didn't take long

EDIT: Here is the entire article:

Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.) doesn't appreciate a remark made by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) that used gun imagery.

Palin tweeted Tuesday about the passage of the healthcare reform bill into law:

Commonsense Conservatives & lovers of America: "Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!" Pls see my Facebook page.

The New York Democrat responded Wednesday, ripping the comment:

Reload? @SarahPalinUSA Is your choice of words inciteful or ignorant?

Palin's "reload" comment came at a time when several Democratic lawmakers who voted for the healthcare bill have received personal threats to their personal safety. Palin has not condoned the incidents.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and House Minority Leader (R-Ohio) have denounced the threats to members of Congress.

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Source?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join