It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bariloche UFO Incident - Argentina, 1995.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Argentinean President Cristina Fernandez - reply to UFO/OVNI declassification request.

Argentinean authorities - request for declassification.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cf987b32f5f.jpg[/atsimg]

On Thursday, May 13, 2010, Argentinean President Cristina Fernandez opened the bicentennial festivities in the city of Victoria. Researcher Silvia Perez Simondini took advantage of this opportunity to present the first executive with an envelope containing CEFORA documentation regarding UFO declassification efforts in other countries, as well as the list of researchers struggling for the declassification of the UFO archives.The President approached Ms. Simondini, who asked her to please read the contents of the envelope, which she promised to do.
Two days later, during communications with Casa Rosada, it was confirmed that this documentation had been read and a promise of a reply was also confirmed. This is the first formal contact with Argentinean authorities regarding a request for declassification, in the hope that the desired goal can be achieved. Posted by Inexplicata.

Thanks to Ken Pfeifer MUFON New Jersey

link

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Rodrigo Bravo Garrido, Captain and Pilot for the Aviation Army of Chile, describes a very similar encounter to the Bariloche incident at Tepual airport in Puerto Montt city.

Rodrigo Bravo GARRIDO, Captain and Pilot for the Aviation Army of Chile. In 2000, he was assigned to conduct an internal study titled "Introduction to Anomalous Aerial Phenomenon and their considerations for aerospace security" involving previous case reports military planes encounters with UAP. For the last several years he has continued this research on recent and current cases affecting aviation safety in cooperation with the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena (CEFAA), a branch of the General Administration of Civil Aeronautics, Chile's FAA.

link (pdf)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
French document with more information and flight charts of the Bariloche object:

pdf file

edit on 17-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
More on Argentina's new UFO commission:

Argentine Air Force announces committee to study UFO phenomenon
edit on 17-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Pilot interview for Spanish speaking folks:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This case is one of the best.

Many thanks, karl 12. Learning a lot with your threads.

Spending my free time last week diving in the links you provided and some others, and translating some info into English (I am a Spanish non-ufonaut).

Among all the highly compelling features of this case –multiple witnesses from 2 different locations in the air and several different locations on the ground; fantastic speeds and very odd movements reported; the UFO being described by the four people in the cockpit of the Boeing 727, who saw it at less than 100 meters, as having two green lights and one bigger orange light consistent with a solid object, although Jorge Polanco was the only one to discern a definite saucer shape; instrumentation going crazy in the airport; and others)–, I would like to emphasize just one: the IMPOSSIBLE MANEUVER made by the UFO at a certain moment, as described by the military pilots Rubén Cipuzak and Juan Domingo Gaitán, who were witnessing the events from their plane while flying at a higher altitude than the Boeing 727.

It’s really worth paying attention to Captain Cipuzak’s account (translation into English here below the video; sorry for the mistakes you may find):

TRANSLATION:

07:24 – CIPUZAK: In that moment, we saw the light from that object passing below us, we were at 11000 feet and I estimate this object to be at 6000 below us. It was going with a Western course at a very high speed, really fast, almost in a course to encounter the AA plane [the Boeing 727]. Until that moment I was thinking of a jet. We were passed by just a light, we couldn’t discern any shape, it was easy to see it since it contrasted against the black background of the lake, the night, the mountains.

08:22 – CIPUZAK: But suddenly, being it ahead of us and moving at a very high speed, it vertically ascends in a right angle, from horizontal to vertical and really very fast… The intensity of the light alternately increased and decreased, it was amber, light yellow light, and it was dull, unlike the city lights or stars. It was dull… So before this [maneuver] I was thinking of a jet, but what grabbed my attention was that sudden movement, leaving the horizontal trajectory and going up vertically and almost instantaneously, for the speed of that ascent was twice as fast as the previous horizontal speed. And another thing that amazed me was the sudden stop. No slowing down. It just stopped. I don’t figure out what it could be. But it cannot be a known aircraft.

- - - - - - - - - -

For his part, Captain Juan Domingo Gaitán describes the same maneuver in this video (I provide a translation into English below):

TRANSLATION:

01:07 – GAITÁN: [Going the UFO] at such speed, I estimate Mach 3, three times as fast as the sound, since it ascended from 500-600 meters to 3000 meters in one second or less…

01:31 – POLANCO: Its movements go against natural laws as far as we know them… Nobody can sell us the idea of such a craft being made in the Earth…

01:56 – GAITÁN: It ascends after doing a right angle turn and it suddenly, instantaneously stops… This cannot be done by anything known to me.

edit on 8-5-2016 by valleean because: Video

edit on 8-5-2016 by valleean because: Video

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join