It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bariloche UFO Incident - Argentina, 1995.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"At the moment when I started the last descent, I suddenly saw a white light which came directly on us at full speed in front of me, before instantly stopping at a hundred meters. When I started again the manoeuvers, the object made an odd turn to accompany our descent turn and to pace us at a hundred meters of us. After a while, the saucer, the size of an airliner, changed color, two green lights appearing at the ends with an orange gleam in the center which ignited intermittently,"

Flight Captain Jorge Polanco

Thought this was a pretty remarkable UFO incident from Argentina's Bariloche airport in 1995 where the aircrew and passengers of an inbound plane witnessed an unknown object with ´an orange light on top of it and green lights on the side´ maneuver near the aircraft upon landing.

The pilot described the UFO as 'not moving in accordance with known laws of physics' and the object was also witnessed by town residents and a military pilot in a separate jet -could be just coincidence but a power failure at the airport was also said to have occurred the same time as the incident.

Interviews with Captain, passengers, military:

Extra Link

Newspaper Reports:

Article published in Le Courier de l'Ouest, France, 3rd August, 1995.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c33e6d4314f6.jpg[/atsimg]

Translation

SAN CARLOS DE BARILOCHE (Argentina). -- A "flying saucer" of "white color", moving "at high speed while defying the laws of physics" disturbed, in the night from Monday to yesterday, the traffic of the airport of San Carlos de Bariloche, 1.800 kilometers in the South-west of Buenos Aires.

Avoid the collision

It all begun whereas a flight coming from Buenos Aires with 102 passengers finished its approach maneuvers to land on the strip of Bariloche.
"The pilot had to make an desparate maneuver not to enter in collision with a UFO", claim several members of the Argentinean Air Forces. According to an officer "at the same time, an interruption of power occurred in all the city and the measuring devices of the airport went crazy."

White light

"At the time when I started the descent, I suddenly saw opposite a white light which came directly at us at full speed, before stopping suddenly at a hundred meters (...) After a moment, the saucer changed color, two green lights appearing at the ends with an orange gleam in the center, which ignited intermittently", the pilot adds.

At the time when I started my last approach, the lights of the landing strip suddenly went off. I had to go up, still accompanied by the UFO which went up at a supernatural speed," the pilot adds. " When the light came back on the ground and that I started again my descent, the UFO then disappeared at full speed," the pilot concludes.

Article published in 'France Soir' - August 3, 1995:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/186e94f649ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Translation

Article published in the Clarin, Argentina, 2nd August, 1995

THEY SAY THAT THEY SAW AN INTENSE WHITE LIGHT

A strange phenomenon complicated the flight of a plane in Bariloche

It happened on Monday at 05:15 p.m.. The pilot of flight 674 of Aerolineas Argentina said that the light "seemed to rush at our plane, but stopped within some hundred meters of the plane." At this time, there was a power outage on the ground and the personal of the control tower of the airport said that "the control instruments went crazy".

Translation

Links:

Argentina : Bariloche 1995
The Bariloche Incident
edit on 18-9-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix links /paragraph

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Remarkable UFO incident from Argentina's Bariloche airport where the pilot and passengers of an inbound plane witnessed an unknown brightly lit object near their aircraft - the object was also reported to have been witnessed by a military pilot in a separate jet.

Hi karl 12, that looks indeed an interesting case, I never heard of that one before so thanks for sharing buddy.

I will go see the vid because that looks interesting to.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I read the article, looks interesting. Why would this supposed UFO crash with an Argentine plane?

The "light" apparently followed them during 15 minutes, as there is no video of the ufo we can only wander in conjectures.
Quoting from the Article:

"From this plane we confirmed that the Aerolinas airplane was followed by a very intense light", informs Garcia. The air-hostess Ana Maria Cancela, who travelled in this flight, daid thereafter, "the Gendarmeria [Police] crew told us that they thought that this light was going to collide with us." Mayor Jorge Oviedo, maximum authority of the airport, said that "the personnel of the weather services, of the control tower, the pilot and the crew of the plane, saw a UFO."

They saw very intense light. Notice that the air-hostess died, maybe from bright light, there´s too many witnesses for it to be a simple illusion.

Good thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The air hostess didnt die!! Its a typo, and should read "The air-hostess said". What then follows is a direct quote from the air-hostess. Impossible once you're dead, I'm afraid.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Conon]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Hey Spacevisitor, the video is certainly a very interesting one and it seems Argentina's got a bit of a rich history when it comes to the UFO subject - the country's military leaders have made some intriguing comments over the years and there's even "seven official UFO declarations from the Argentinian Government".

Statements:

"UFOs are real. I myself had an experience of this sort in 1951. It was a yellowish-silver disk with deep red edges, moving at high speed at an altitude of some 500 meters..."
Vicecommodore Oscar Bario. Argentinian Defense.

"At this state of events, and with the evidence available to us, it is hard to deny the existence of flying saucers."
Vicecommodore Dante La Roca. Argentinian Defense.

"I believe in the so-called flying saucer, and it is my understanding that the Air Force will pursue studies on this subject."
Commander Adolfo Alvarez, 1968. Argentinian Defense.

Link

Declarations:

The Seven Official declarations made by the Argentinian Government

Argentinian Military/Government communique:

1962: At 19:20 hrs on May 22, a squadron of fighters in the vicinity of Bahía Blanca's Comandante Espora Naval Base, reports the presence of UFOs along its flight path. The interception lasted 35 minutes. Direct eyewitnesses to this incident were Lt. Rodolfo César Galdós and his student, Roberto Wilkinson. Report No. 02779 causes the first official acknowledgment by an Argentinean government.

1965: Between the months of June and July, a succession of UFO incidents occur in the Antarctic region, some of them producing electromagnetic disturbances, and witnessed by personnel from the British, Chilean and Argentine bases. A phenomenon on July 3rd at the Deception Island Naval Station generates the second official acknowledgment.

1973: On November 2nd, six members of the Comandante Espora Naval Air Base, close to Bahía Blanca, witness the maneuvers of a UFO, immediately producing the third official acknowledgment.

1978: On the evening of February 4 at the La Florida dam in San Luis, six persons report the presence of a UFO and the descent of an occupant from within, leaving ground marks. The Police Precinct of San Luis, through its chief, Lt.Col. Raul Benjamín López, issues a document which constitutes the fourth official acknowledgment.

1978: Toward midnight on July 12, a low-level UFO sighting causes a commotion in the Estación Ramblón region, located between the limits of San Juan and Mendoza. It was witnessed by police officers among many others. The San Juan chief of police, Col. Guillermo Voguel, prepares the fifth official acknowledgment.

1982: In the evening of August 13, a UFO causes a disturbance in the town of Londres, Catamarca, and its flyover produces strong winds and starts a conflagration. A police patrolman attests to the intruder's presence. The provincial police emits the sixth official acknowledgment.

1986: The appearance of a nocturnal UFO and the subsequent discovery of a gigantic indentation on El Pajarillo hill, Córdoba, on January 9th, prompt this city's municipal authorities to issue the seventh and final official acknowledgment

Argentinean Military's Role in UFO Research

Cheers.

edit on 17-9-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix Link

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Conon

Damn typos, oh well. Apparently the Argentinian Military is starting to believe in UFO´s.

Interesting taking into account that most goverments give even more cryptic statements.

[edit on 24/3/10 by Bildeberg]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More UFO incidents over airports and naval bases in Argentina:

Strong Argentine interest in UFOS is not surprising considering the well-documented cases which have occurred there.

At Cordoba Airport, November 25, 1954, two luminous objects which hovered for nearly an hour were reported by Dr. Marcos Guerci, chief of the meteorological service; Carlos Bassoli, control tower operator; and many others. One UFO was roughly semi-circular, appearing like a disc on edge, the other circular. Dr. Guerci stated he believed he had observed "something foreign to our knowledge," according to the official report released by the Argentine Embassy.

The most recent series of sightings in Argentina (as this is being written) began in May 1962, continuing throughout the year. The incidents included reported landings with resultant markings and stains on the ground, highly maneuverable luminous phenomena, electromagnetic effects, and other typical UFO features.

On May 22, 1962, UFOs were sighted four times in a period of about 35 minutes by a flight of Navy pilots in the vicinity of Espora Naval Air Base. In one instance, about 7:20 p.m., student pilot Roberto Wilkinson reported that a luminous object trailing his plane lit up his cockpit, and his radio-electric transmission failed as the UFO passed below his aircraft.

Sightings continued throughout the summer, many concentrated around aircraft and airports. Over Floresta District, September 8, 1962, Lt. Juan Jose Vico sighted a "burnished metal" lenticular UFO making smooth and apparently controlled maneuvers, according to the report.

Investigations of the 1962 sightings by military authorities brought forth two statements. Capt. Luis Sanchez Moreno investigating for the Navy, told the press the Navy had been constantly concerned about UFOs since the great wave of global sightings in 1952 . Following the sightings by Navy personnel in May 1962, the investigation report released by the Argentine Embassy concluded: "The testimonies of Naval Air Officer pilots and personnel of the Flying Course indicate the existence of abnormal luminous phenomenon."

At Ezeiza International Airport, Buenos Aires, December 22, 1962, a UFO was sighted about 3:00 a.m. Tower operators Horacio Alora and Mario Pezzutto were watching an Aerolineas Argentinas plane which was about to take off, and an approaching DC-8 jet operated by Panagra (a division of Pan American Airways). One of the operators was radioing landing instructions when the jet Captain suddenly broke in:

"What's that thing at the end of the runway?"

An instant later, the same question came from one of the Argentine airliner pilots. Operator Alora turned and saw a large round object, glowing with an intense fiery light, at the head of runway 1-0-2-8. It had evidently descended while he and Pezzutto were watching the two airliners.

Because of the UFOs' brilliant glow, Alora could not tell whether it had actually touched down or was hovering just above the runway. At the moment he turned, the UFO rose about ten meters, hovering briefly. Then, rapidly accelerating, it took off on a northeast course. Before it disappeared, it was also seen by Operator Pezzutto.

Link

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Bariloche incident is a very interesting case. I am particularly amazed by this one because there is a discrepancy between the Pilot, Aircraft crew of Aerolineas Argentinas flight #674 and the Airtraffic Control Tower.

Whilst the Pilot, Aircraft Crew experienced something and witnessed a series of lights from follow them, they couldn't be seen by Airtraffic Control.

What also is interesting the testimony is that at the time, a Military Jet was also in the vicinty 7 miles away. The Air Traffic Control picked up the Commercial Plane and also the Military Jet. But couldn't see the 'UFO' despite this lasting nearly 15 minutes they could only Identify 2 objects and not 3 in the sky?

Now the Pilot Captain Jorge Palanco consults the Tower. The Tower confirms only 2 aircraft are active in that area, The Tower even confirms that what the Captain has spotted isn't the Military Jet. This helps credit the testimony for the case as both A.T.C and the Witness have a solid line of communication and can confirm they aren't misunderstood. From the pilots account 'the lights of the object were well defined - there was an orange light on top of it, green lights on the side and the solid part of the object was dark'
In that video Melina Mazzolina was a passenger and she witnessed this UFO.
She mentions the orange lights and says the other lights were blue.

The ATC then contacts the Military Plane. To ask if they can see anything. The military then confirmed to the ATC they couldn't see anything. Just after that the airport lights went out.

So now we also have a power failure in the whole of the airport. Now the electrical failure that caused the lights to go out at the airport could be completely coincidental, that could of happened at ANY point in the year. It is strange how it happened during this particular incident. So it shouldn't be immediately disregarded. Also it's not the first time a UFO has been attributed to a power failure, I remember reading about an Incident in Salta Province, Argentina, where a ufo sighting took place and that sighting too also had a Power Failure, not just in a small area too, it was in the whole district/Province.

So back to the Bariloche case; The Airport Engineer couldn't get any power during the time so that the Plane could land. Ruben Breza who is an Airport Engineer then claims; 'there was a general powercut in the city, which meant we had to use the emergency services at the airport' he told the ATC they couldn't generate electricity anymore. It would be wise for the Commercial Plane to start the escape manouevre.

Then the pilot of the Military Jet says A blinking Amber light, raced by at about 800mph, the light flew up above his Military Jet.
At the very closing stages of the Commerical Plane about to abort their landing the Airport lights came back on and they were able to land the aircraft.

Two big questions to ask during this incident.
1. Why couldn't the Air Traffic Control Tower see the UFO?
2. What was it?

Without any video footage we're just prodding in the dark I guess. I can only think that the Argentinian Military knew more than they were letting on, it was a test between Military Jet and the new technology, they didnt realise that the knew technology would cause that power cut/problem. Either that or they really didnt know what the object was, and this particular UFO was from some far away galaxy/planet.

Which then leads us to two other questions.
If the military did know what it was and were testing, why do it so close to an airport with commercial and passenger lives at stake?

If it is from another planet/galaxy, what were they doing following/tailing a Commercial Airliner?

This is a remarkable case. I certainly enjoyed reading about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

Superiorraw, great post mate and you make some really interesting points about the case -particularly the power outages. Below is another article about the Bariloche area, UFOs and power failures and one of the reports does sound similar to the object involved in the airport incident.

UFOs CAUSE TWO MORE BLACKOUTS IN BARILOCHE

Two more unexplained power failures blacked out Bariloche last week at the same time people reported seeing UFOs passing overhead.

The city, also known as San Carlos de Bariloche, is a popular resort in the Andes of Argentina. Located on the south shore of Lago (Lake) Nahuel Huapi, the city is about 1,040 kilometers (650 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires.

The first in the series of inexplicable blackouts took place Sunday, April 12, 1998 when witnesses reported seeing two UFOs "fuse together" over Cerro Carbon (hill).

On Tuesday night, April 14, 1998, "a great part of the city was totally darkened." Cooperativa Electricidade de Bariloche (CEB), the city's power company, traced the source of the blackout to the transmission lines along the Avenida Bustico near the transformer substation at Puerto Moreno. CEB said the sobrecorriente (power surge) "was five to six times greater than normal."

In the barrio Melipal, eyewitness Julio Posse stated, "I saw an interesting glow to the east of the Cerro Otto (hill). With my family I saw it from my yard. My sons shouted, 'Papa, the OVNIs!' (Spanish acronym for UFOs--J.T.) All I said was 'Yes, the OVNIs.'"

According to the newspaper Diario La Manana del Sur, "Officially no one has cited the word OVNI. But, to all of the questions, no one (at CEB) can explain the phenomenon. The lines were hit with a charge of 1,050 amperes. The automatic meters at the transformer substation Los Cipresales indicated the same surge at the moment during which witnesses sighted OVNIs last Sunday in the skies over Bariloche."

CEB spokesman Luis Baigorria said, "At present we do not have an explanation that can determine the cause of the surge."

Claudio Campo, an engineer for CEB, said, "That which occurred Tuesday night was identical to the incident Sunday. But in this case it was reported by the meters at the substation in Puerto Moreno."

The third blackout occurred Thursday night, April 16, 1998. Again Bariloche was completely blacked out for several hours.

Meanwhile reports of UFO sightings poured in from the Lago Nahuel Huapi shore and the hills and valleys east of Bariloche.

A man named Zuber "videotaped an OVNI about 15 kilometers from home, near School #255 at the intersection of Rutas 23 and 237. His three-minute tape shows a great black object with a light that 'shines intently and incessantly' with twinkling red, blue, yellow and green lights. The object can be seen with better clarity when he zooms in. A slight luminous halo surrounds the object."

Zuber's Sony camcorder tape was aired on Canal (Channel) 6's noontime news broadcast in Bariloche the following day.

Link

Cheers.
edit on 17-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
More UFO testimony from Bariloche - seems the place is a bit of a hotspot.

"In the barrio San Francisco, a woman saw 'a ball of red light' descending in a zigzag pattern toward the large pedestrian stairway at Tiscornia." A "luminous disc" was also seen near the intersection of Calle Fernando Beschtete and Calle La Paz. In the barrio Nicolas Lavalle, eyewitnesses saw four luminous UFOs hovering overhead. One witness, Sara Salizar, said, "They are a large spacecraft and three smaller ones that attached themselves to the larger one over and over again." Andrea Capararo told the Argentine news agency TOLAM that she and her sisters, Natalia and Carolina, "at 11:30 (p.m.) we observed in the sky a kind of large plate with twinkling red, yellow, green and blue lights, and another object a little bit longer with red and yellow lights. The luminous objects seemed permanently supported in the air for several minutes, then moved away towards the lake." Natalia and Carolina Capararo described the saucer as resembling "a tomato bigger than an airplane" and flying toward Cerro Carbon, east of the barrio.

"Various inhabitants of the upper (highland) region of the city, for their part, told radio and TV reporters that they had first seen a formation of stars moving across the sky with twinkling lights colored red, yellow and green and with a brilliant white radiance, between 10:30 and 11:45 p.m. Sunday night."

"The moving lights appeared to be attached to an elongated form and another form resembling a small bottle, the inhabitants said. The union of the two objects produced 'a great star,' like a great electrical discharge, and the lights of the city went out."

Bariloche is the site of two of Argentina's most famous incidents, the Dr. Tarda case in December 1968 and the jetliner pilot case in June 1995.

Link

edit on 18-9-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Vid about the case in Spanish:

edit on 17-9-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
TV show with interviews (Spanish language):

edit on 17-9-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Cometa report on the Bariloche Incident:

The French COMETA Report

On Friday July 16, 1999 an important document was published in France entitled "UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for?" ("Les Ovni Et La Défense: A quoi doit-on se préparer?"). This ninety-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by qualified experts from various fields. Before its public release, it has been sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin.

•Testimonies of French pilots:

◦M. Giraud, pilot of Mirage IV (1977) .
◦Colonel Bosc, fighter pilot> (1976).
◦Air France flight AF 3532 (January 1994).
◦Aeronautical cases worldwide.

◦Lakenheath (U.K., 1956).
◦RB-47 (U.S., 1957).
◦Teheran (1976).
◦Russia (1990).
◦San Carlos de Bariloche (Argentina, 1995).

Link

Report:

The Cometa Report - Part 1 (pdf), Part 2 (pdf)

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
More official UFO reports and declarations from the Argentinian government:

Argentine Navy.

In the 1960s, the Argentine Navy was charged with the official investigation of UFO sightings, particularly those reported by its own personnel. A 1965 "Official UFO Report" prepared by Captain Sánchez Moreno from the Naval Air Station Comandante Espora in Bahía Blanca, revealed that:

"Between 1950 and 1965, personnel of Argentina's Navy alone made 22 sightings of unidentified flying objects that were not airplanes, satellites, weather balloons or any type of known (aerial) vehicles. These 22 cases served as precedents for intensifying that investigation of the subject by the Navy. In the past two years, nine incidents have been recorded that are being studied by Captain Pagani and a team of military and civilian scientists and collaborators. Likewise, a meticulous questionnaire was drafted, printed and distributed to different bases. In a short time, the Service of Naval Intelligence was in possession of a stack of highly significant reports of testimonies. On the basis of this important documentation, it was possible to obtain a coherent overview of the problem." (Captain Sánchez Moreno, Informe Oficial O.V.N.I., Sumario S# A. 02778-DTO. OVNI, Naval Air Station Comandante Espora, in ICUFON Project World Authority for Spatial Affairs (W.A.S.A.), New York, 1979.)

Captain Engineer Omar R. Pagani, Director of the Argentine Navy UFO investigation team in the 1960s. As a result of a series of observations at Argentine and Chilean meteorological stations on Deception Island, Antarctica, in June and July 1965, Captain Pagani disclosed at a press conference that:

"The unidentified flying objects do exist. Their presence and intelligent displacement in the Argentine airspace has been proven. Their nature and origin is unknown and no judgement is made about them." (Sánchez Moreno, ibid.)

In addition, the Argentine Navy Bulletin #172 of July 7, 1965 reported:

"From the Navy post at the South Orkney Islands comes a message of extreme importance: during the passage of the strange object over the base [earlier the same day], two magnetometers in perfect working condition registered sudden and strong disturbances of the magnetic field (at 17:03 hrs.), which were recorded on their tapes." (Perissé, Captain D. A., "Deception Island UFO Sightings," in the MUFON 1987 International UFO Symposium Proceedings, Washington, D.C., June 1987

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Another UFO EM effects case disclosed by the Argentine Navy:

ARGENTINE NAVY DISCLOSES IMPORTANT E-M CASE

An official Argentine Navy UFO report, labeled one of the most important Argentine UFO cases, has been released to NICAP in accordance with an agreement to exchange UFO information.

This combined visual and E-M (electromagnetic) interference incident occurred late in 1963, involving the Navy transport A.R.A. Punta Médanos.

During the night of Nov. 12, 1963, says the official report, "A large airship [never identified] was sighted from the stern of the vessel. The huge UFO was round-shaped, and it was moving at great speed. It displayed no lights and made no sound.

As the unknown machine appeared, the needles of the ship's magnetic compasses "suddenly and simultaneously" swung off course, pointing toward the UFO. The power which caused this E-M interference is indicated by the distance involved. At the time, the Navy report states, the UFO was 2,000 meters (well over a mile) away from the ship.

After the UFO was gone and the compasses returned to normal, the transport commander radioed the Commander-In-Chief of the Argentine Fleet. The Fleet Commander was so concerned he ordered a full investigation by the Hydrographic Service.

Instrument experts found no electric cause for the E-M effect. No magnets had been near the compasses, which were separately mounted on different decks. The Geologic Division determined that the sighting area was magnetically quiet and also ruled out submarines and military and civilian aircraft, leaving the UFO as definitely the cause of the E-M interference.

The official report was sent to NICAP by Lt. Cdr. O. R. Pagani, whom the Secretary of the Argentine Navy appointed to investigate UFO sightings. Pagani said that the Argentine Naval Hydrographic Service will investigate all future E-M cases, and he will send detailed reports to NICAP.

Lt. Cdr. Pagani also forwarded a summary of 1964 UFO cases registered with the Argentine government, adding that fifteen 1965 reports already are on record with the Navy.

Link

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Broken Link
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

thanks for posting this Bariloche airport incident , it's no doubt a very interesting report and just adds to the seemingly endless list of them from Argentina.

It all begun whereas a flight coming from Buenos Aires with 102 passengers finished its approach maneuvers to land on the strip of Bariloche.
"The pilot had to make an desparate maneuver not to enter in collision with a UFO", claim several members of the Argentinean Air Forces. According to an officer "at the same time, an interruption of power occurred in all the city and the measuring devices of the airport went crazy."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i thought that part was especially interesting since there have been numerous ufo cases with supposed power interruptions reported and many of them are from South America.

“Suddenly everyone saw a strange vehicle plow across the sky, completely illuminated, and a little bit later, there was a power failure. The phone lines were also rendered inoperative,” said the excited witness. “Things went back to normal at 11:30 a.m., nine hours later.”

UFO over Argentina moments before blackout
www.youtube.com...

some of these cases report strange electromagnetic interferences
www.ufologie.net...

two reports of cigar shaped and disc shaped ufo's from South America...

PUERTO MALDONADO 1952:

At 04:30pm on July 19, 1952, the attention of Customs Inspector Sr. Domingo Troncoso, then with the Peruvian Customs Office at Puerto Maldonado on the jungle frontier with Bolivia, was called to a very strange cigar-shaped flying object over the river area. The big dirigible-shaped craft was flying horizontally and fairly low in the sky, passing from right to left from the observers position. It was leaving a dense trail of thick smoke, vapor, or substance on its wake. This object was a real, structured, physical machine and may be seen from its reflection in the waters of the Madre de Dios river underneath it. The object was estimated to be over a hundred feet long.
www.ufoevidence.org...

and this one from Salta Argentina posted by internos is really interesting..

In June 1956, finally, the Argentine National Gendarmerie issued a statement saying:

By extending the previously released, it has been confirmed that on 13 April it was spotted by section staff Tolar Grande National Gendarmerie, under the Squadron of the San Antonio Brass, based in the province of Salta, a strange flying cigar-shaped object, 300 mts. long, silvery reflections given off by giving the impression of aluminum, moving with great speed over the Salar de Arizaro northwest direction toward Socompa, leaving a white trail. Due to the rapid rate of the object can not specify the characteristics. With reference to the attached picture, it says that the recorded communication Mr. Maximo Chilo, National Roads Authority employee, who was in the alluded nearby and caught the flying body. "

just north of Argentina and Peru is the Nazca lines and with all the ufo sightings, it's no wonder they built these runways

www.nazcamystery.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
thanks for posting this Bariloche airport incident , it's no doubt a very interesting report and just adds to the seemingly endless list of them from Argentina.

Easynow, thanks for the reply matey and that's some great info you've posted there - you're certainly not wrong about Argentina having a lot of unexplained UFO incidents either (perhaps they're all coming from Antartica
).

UFO over Argentina moments before blackout

“Suddenly everyone saw a strange vehicle plow across the sky, completely illuminated, and a little bit later, there was a power failure. The phone lines were also rendered inoperative,” said the excited witness. “Things went back to normal at 11:30 a.m., nine hours later.”

I'd never heard of the UFO case with the dam before and it's a pretty fascinating one - the object in the photograph also looks very much like this one witnessed by soldiers over Cyprus:

UFOs filmed in Cyprus by UK Royal Marines in 1971, case missing from official MoD release

and this one from Salta Argentina posted by internos is really interesting..

In June 1956, finally, the Argentine National Gendarmerie issued a statement saying:

By extending the previously released, it has been confirmed that on 13 April it was spotted by section staff Tolar Grande National Gendarmerie, under the Squadron of the San Antonio Brass, based in the province of Salta, a strange flying cigar-shaped object, 300 mts. long, silvery reflections given off by giving the impression of aluminum, moving with great speed over the Salar de Arizaro northwest direction toward Socompa, leaving a white trail. Due to the rapid rate of the object can not specify the characteristics. With reference to the attached picture, it says that the recorded communication Mr. Maximo Chilo, National Roads Authority employee, who was in the alluded nearby and caught the flying body. "

I'd never heard of that one either!
I wonder just how many others are out there - it's a great, great shame that Internos isn't posting here anymore as he was a truly knowledgeable (and honest) chap - as for the object involved in the Bariloche incident, I have 'absolutely no idea' what that was but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say it wasn't us.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

i thought you might be interested in those reports and especially the one that was posted by internos. there is something about South America that seems to attract alot of ufo activity and you might be on to something there with the Antarctica idea because there not far from each other. good observation

the amount of reports from that part of the world and the high strangeness involved with the reported events has certainly peaked my interest. another reason i am interested in the S. America reports is because of the Nazca lines. i believe the people who built these lines and shapes did it to attract the attention of something flying around the sky's there. if my theory is correct then i believe it would explain why the ufo was near the Bariloche airport

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70e38538501.png[/atsimg]

i know it's all speculation but if their observing us from above there has to be something they look for or are attracted to ? i dunno LOL

this is a really interesting case , thanks for bringing it to my attention

UFOs filmed in Cyprus by UK Royal Marines in 1971, case missing from official MoD release

location map

why am i not surprised it wasn't released with the MoD files ? probably because it was a real ufo sighting and the fighter jet cameras captured video footage of it and of course they can't let the public see that now can they ?

the pics are extremely interesting,... probably not the same thing but they reminded me of this imagery...

ufoblogger.com

[edit on 17-4-2010 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Easynow, I 've just found your thread -great work.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

You could be onto something with those Nazca lines - South America is positively bristling with very strange UFO (and UFO occupant) reports - here's a good link listing some of the sightings:

UFO Sighting Reports - Argentina

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join