It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Threatened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

49% found it favorable
40% unfavorable
11% had no opinion

well let's not leave out all those protesters
who were enroute to DC who could not
pick up their phone or answer a web poll
or even those who do not even have internet
but show up at coffee houses, restuarants
and complain.

Let's pretend like that percentage doesn't exist.

Poll's by the MSM are fixed in favor of their
sponsors. It's propaganda.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Problem is, IN GENERAL, the people who answered the polls hadn't read the bill and couldn't understand it if they did.

IN GENERAL, the freaking criminals that voted for this steaming pile of horse hockey didn't read it either!

I certainly don't advocate violence, but it sure as hell won't hurt for those that voted for this POS to have a bit of fear.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
It's astonishing to me how many people on ATS openly support and advocate political terrorism and violence against elected officials. I really hope you are being monitored by the appropriate law enforcement agencies...thanks for revealing yourselves so openly.
You support terrorism and I consider you cowards.

It's astonishing to me that the site owners allow these posts to stay online.

These people are advocating the MURDER of elected officials. Just wait until one psycho from ATS carries out their stupid agenda because they THINK people on ATS are supporting them. They THINK they are a patriot and will do something stupid to gain the "respect" of others. Just wait until that happens and the heat comes down on the site admins...and I actually hope the site owners get in whatever trouble is coming to them for allowing this type of hate speech and encouragement of MURDER.

You can't talke about hacking or marijuana on ATS...but go ahead and plot the MURDERS of elected officials.

Nice policy ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well, I support it and my vote and others like me weren't included either. That argument goes both ways.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Just a reminder.

There will be absolutely no tolerance for posts that directly advocate the use of violence.

All such posts will be removed.

Thank you.

Are you kidding??? I just read multiple posts openly advocating violence. They don't point out a specific target...but they are advocating not only violence...but the murder of elected officials.

Example from page 1:

When those who represent us fail to represent the wishes of the American people (as all polls indicated a majority did not want the HC bill that was passed), they need to be held accountable for going against the will of the very people they represent.

Fear is a very strong motivator for those in office. Whether it be the fear of not getting re-elected, or the fear of violence, as long as they live in fear every day, they will think twice about each vote they cast on behalf of those who gave them that job in the first place.

And another:

WHY is this ridiculous ??? I don't think so !!!
the government is doing it to us !!!
They drew first blood !!!!

And another:

I Agree lets rock! I have spent twenty years trying to educate people in hopes to avoid what is coming.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

[edit on 24-3-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
America will be saved from the grass roots while hanging from a thread .
from. GEORGE WASHINGTON 15.

Again, amidst the fearful noise of the conflict I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

link for full version.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... D. Modin

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

The case you cited was overturned.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by searching4truth

Who exactly is oppressing you? I could give a rat's ass who your insurance company is so long as when you are ill you can be cared for.

Anyone who is forcing me to do something against my will

If you want to be technical, we are a damn constitutional republic.

By popular usage, however, the word "democracy" come to mean a form of government in which the government derives its power from the people and is accountable to them for the use of that power. In this sense the United States might accurately be called a democracy.

Wrong a democracy is mob rules, the 51% telling the other 49% what they can or cannot do. That is not a government deriving its powers from the people. That is part of the people oppressing the other part.

However, there are examples of "pure democracy" at work in the United States today that would probably trouble the Framers of the Constitution if they were still alive to see them. Many states allow for policy questions to be decided directly by the people by voting on ballot initiatives or referendums.

Again it is mob rule. The essence of a free republic is a set of rpincip0les and rights that are not subject to a vote. In a democracy all things are subject to a vote. In a free republic only those things that effect the individuals as group that would oppress them are subjkect to a vote such as common defense etc. Peoples personal lives are not subject to a demcratic vote.

Simply put in a free republic as long as you are not oppressing or harming anyone except in self defense nor violating anyone's inherent rights you can do anything you please period and it is not up for a vote. Originally all these things where handled in local assemblies or councils and it was a given the national government had no authority in those matters.

www.thisnation.com...

Do you have a definition of a "free republic" as my mounds of political theory books tell me there is no such thing.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by searching4truth]

Why am I not surprised.

"A political order in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who are entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them." I beleive Merriam Websters is the source

Even this definition is not quite accurate for our republic which is the reason it was called a free republic. Republics can be oppressive also it depends on the principles and rights they are founded on. Our was founded on freedom and liberty many of which are listed in the Bill of Rights but it was meant to protect rights.

Also the state and county republics we simply local assemblies of the soverign people who met to decide on how to deal with each other fairlly. The law was simple don't lie, steal cheat. plunder murder etc. and you are good to go. No injured man or women and there is no crime period. if someone made a claim against you it was heard buy the local judge and an or jury. This is the basic model the built this country even before the constitution.

heres what the founders had to say about democracy:

Benjamin Franklin: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers: We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.

John Adams: Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Thomas Jefferson: A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

James Madison: Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

John Quincy Adams: The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.

Thomas Jefferson: The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Benjamin Franklin (maybe): Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

James Madison: Democracy was the right of the people to choose their own tyrant.

John Adams: That the desires of the majority of the people are often for injustice and inhumanity against the minority, is demonstrated by every page of the history of the world.

More here: takeourcountryback-snooper.blogspot.com...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I couldn't agree with you more, though one moderator did give a very mild admonishment earlier in this thread. ATS administration and owners seem to thinks it's cool...advocating murder of elected officials. Unbelieveable!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Since we're working on generalities then, I guess it's a good thing that we have a Supreme Court and constitutional lawyers that will sort it all out.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by hawkiye

Since we're working on generalities then, I guess it's a good thing that we have a Supreme Court and constitutional lawyers that will sort it all out.

[sarcasm]Don't you get it? They are all in on it too. WE are the only ones that REALLY know the Constitution. WE the internet revolutionaries...and the old ladies at tea parties, Sean Hannity, Rush, and Glenn Beck...WE are the only ones that are TRUE patriots[/sarcasm]

Whew...that was hard to write...I don't know how it comes so easy to some people.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Wrong again the Supreme court has acted outside it's scope also. What part of Oppress no one do you not understand that you need hoards of lawyers to brainwash you? The people are the creators of government thier creation is not greater then its creator the people. All political power is inherent in the people and only portions delegated to governmental bodies. That means the people are the ultimate authority not some politically corrupted lawyers in some court or congress.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You don't have to buy it, pay the fine you have four years to save up 250 dollars or 1% of your income, but be careful because it goes up to 750 or 2.5% of your income in 2016.

Your definition is nearly identical to the definition of a republic, which I am familiar with, thanks. Webster online does not have a def. for a free republic, although ironically they do have one for Banana Republic.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

reply to post by hawkiye

[sarcasm]Don't you get it? They are all in on it too. WE are the only ones that REALLY know the Constitution. WE the internet revolutionaries...and the old ladies at tea parties, Sean Hannity, Rush, and Glenn Beck...WE are the only ones that are TRUE patriots[/sarcasm]

Whew...that was hard to write...I don't know how it comes so easy to some people.

[Sacasm]Yeah your right we need idiots like hillary and berry to tell us how to live our lives cause were to stupid to figure it out on our own. [sarcasm off]

Hannity rush and beck are idiots too. The whole left right paradigm keeps all the sheeple busy cause so many of the fools fall for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

You don't have to buy it, pay the fine you have four years to save up 250 dollars or 1% of your income, but be careful because it goes up to 750 or 2.5% of your income in 2016.

Your definition is nearly identical to the definition of a republic, which I am familiar with, thanks. Webster online does not have a def. for a free republic, although ironically they do have one for Banana Republic.

Fining me is theft and coercion. Your right I don't have to buy it and I won't and I won't be paying any fines either and anyone who tries to extract a fine should be treated like the thief they are!

Yes you have to combine the two words Free and republic to define a republic that is based on freedom.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by brainwrek

The case you cited was overturned.

SImply stating the case was overturned doesnt invalidate the entire precedent that was set, nor rule the opinion invalid.

Reversals arent a delete button.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

PLease post the quote where anyone advocated murder.

I have yet to see any post saying "so and so should be killed/murdered".

link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Your "authority" goes so far as to who you or rather your district or country elect (depending upon office of course).

Our founding fathers, thought "the people" were stupid thus creating the electoral college as a filter, and your representatives to vote for you. If you don't like it vote for some else but if others don't agree with you don't throw a tantrum, or in the case of this thread threaten physical harm and or death.

link   
NO!!!!!!!!!

this is happening but it needs to stop your all playing into their hands

do not give them the satisfaction of acting like them.

fighting pure evil and thats what liberals are do not become them.

rise above them and destroy them where it really counts: 2010 and 2012

vote the lying,arrogance sobs out of office.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Ah yes, when you put it that way I think most of us are familiar with "Freepers" and their website. I think I understand you a little better now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join