It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Threatened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the links...

I was coming up empty on this on the major news sites for some reason.

While I don't advocate violence, they had to see it coming. I mean seriously. How can you vote yes for something a majority of Americans do not want and not expect backlash over it.

The major problem I have is threatening the children/grandchildren. They are innocent and have no grasp of what is going on as far as this healthcare thing goes...for the most part.

Nate

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
It's astonishing to me how many people on ATS openly support and advocate political terrorism and violence against elected officials. I really hope you are being monitored by the appropriate law enforcement agencies...thanks for revealing yourselves so openly.
You support terrorism and I consider you cowards.

If you openly support unconstitutional legislation, if you support Congressional Democrats threatening, arm-twisting and bribing their own party members in order to pass an unconstitutional healthcare reform package, then I consider YOU an enemy of the American People.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I have equal rights? Really? So I can go sign up for the healthcare plan that Congress enjoys?

The American people have a voice. Congress just ignored that voice. They have become ineffective, and a threat to liberty.

The same exact situation our founding fathers faced.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Yeah, sure. You guys keep comparing yourselves to our founding fathers. You aren't going to get hung from a tree by our government and neither am I. You're going to keep going to the polls (perhaps for the first time) and honor what this country is all about...at least that's what I hope you'll do.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I Agree lets rock! I have spent twenty years trying to educate people in hopes to avoid what is coming. It has only served to prove to me it will come for sure because there are to many brain dead sheeple walking around.

Also I hate to say but you're already on the list like anyone who has voiced thier patriotic feelings for freedom and liberty!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
while threats are uncalled for, they are not listening when we talk.

Perhaps they are not listening to you. But they are listening to me. And the majority of the country. Not getting your way is not a good enough reason to incite violence. You have to remember that there are MANY other people in this country besides you. Many people who are happy about the health care bill. It's not perfect, but it's not the monster many on ATS are making it out to be.

So, REGARDLESS what you think of it, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Sometimes you get what you want, but when there are more people who want something different than you, then you just have to deal.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Poll after poll showed more people were against this health care bill than were for it.

So how are they listening to the majority?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Poll after poll showed more people were against this health care bill than were for it.

So how are they listening to the majority?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by searching4truth

So the millions of people that voted for Obama and wanted healthcare reform should not have had their voices heard. Instead, those who want to go the route of physical violence should get their way. Sounds democratic to me.

No they should not the millions that voted for Obama have no say in who what or how I choose my health care or anything else in my life as long as I am not oppressing anyone. And yeah it's not democratic and its not supposed to be because were not supposed to be a damnable democracy we are supposed to be a free republic where the mob does not have a say in such things!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, Gallup says that the majority find it favorable www.gallup.com...

Here's the info if you don't want to click.

49% found it favorable
40% unfavorable
11% had no opinion

[edit on 24-3-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You trust polls? Problem is, IN GENERAL, the people who answered the polls hadn't read the bill and couldn't understand it if they did.

I'm talking about Obama running on the promise of health care overhaul. He won. The people said, "Yes, Mr. Obama, do that thing you're talking about. We want that." So he is.

Look, I Know How You Feel, but for 8 years, I sat and watched what GW Bush did to this country, hating nearly every minute of it, but never, NEVER did I advocate violence to get what I wanted. Never did people make a concerted effort to threaten Republican lawmakers because we didn't get our way.

Obama is the president and he and Congress are going to do what they were hired to do. You're just going to have to get used to it for a while.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama never said he was going to ram an unconstitutional bill through using bribery and other illegal methods to do so.

Or did he?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Yes, all the Constitutional experts on ATS gives me quite a giggle. And bribery and illegalities, too? Amazing! The pundits really have your ear, don't they?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

No they should not the millions that voted for Obama have no say in who what or how I choose my health care or anything else in my life as long as I am not oppressing anyone. And yeah it's not democratic and its not supposed to be because were not supposed to be a damnable democracy we are supposed to be a free republic where the mob does not have a say in such things!

Who exactly is oppressing you? I could give a rat's ass who your insurance company is so long as when you are ill you can be cared for.

If you want to be technical, we are a damn constitutional republic.

By popular usage, however, the word "democracy" come to mean a form of government in which the government derives its power from the people and is accountable to them for the use of that power. In this sense the United States might accurately be called a democracy. However, there are examples of "pure democracy" at work in the United States today that would probably trouble the Framers of the Constitution if they were still alive to see them. Many states allow for policy questions to be decided directly by the people by voting on ballot initiatives or referendums.

www.thisnation.com...

Do you have a definition of a "free republic" as my mounds of political theory books tell me there is no such thing.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Pundits? Not quite.

Try paying attention to the process.

Try reading the bill and see how unconstitutional it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Exactly which points do you find to be unconstitutional?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The entire premise of forcing Americans to buy a certain service or product under threat of financial penalty.

10th Amendment violation.

From National League of Cities v Usery (1976)

Insofar as the 1974 amendments operate directly to displace the States' abilities to structure employer-employee relationships in areas of traditional governmental functions, such as fire prevention, police protection, sanitation, public health, and parks and recreation, they are not within the authority granted Congress by the Commerce Clause. In attempting to exercise its Commerce Clause power to prescribe minimum wages and maximum hours to be paid by the States in their sovereign capacities, Congress has sought to wield its power in a fashion that would impair the States' "ability to function effectively in a federal system," Fry v. United States, 421 U.S. 542, 547 n. 7, and this exercise of congressional authority does not comport with the federal system of government embodied in the Constitution. Pp. 840-852.

Notice the words public health in there?

The federal funding of healthcare violates those specific enumerations set forth in Article 1 Section 8.

Nor is there any constitutional authorization for the feds to take over student loans.

Need more examples?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Exactly whose blood was spilled over healthcare?

this law is gonna bleed us dry.
No different than that split second you see
that bayonet heading for your gut in battle.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Exactly which points do you find to be unconstitutional?

No need to dissect its points. it's unconstitutional because Congress has never been delegated any authority to decide personal aspects of men and womens lives. Show us where in the constitution they have been granted any authority to mandate that I buy any good or service?

Most of what Congress has done for the last 50 years is completely outside thier scope of authority and they should all be arrested for treason!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I've probably been on Their Watchlist since starting to post on this site lol.

It's hard to believe there are people who don't care that the Constitution is being ripped into pieces by Obamanation and his cronies. I never thought in my fifty years that I'd ever see such disrespect for the founding principles of this country.

They could have passed HealthCare for the people and left out the MANDATORY part. Telling Citizens that they have to buy a product from a corporation is WRONG, and totally against the Constitution.

What's next? MANDATORY money limits in the banks? Maybe since the government has stock in GM now, MANDATORY purchases of a GM product, or else be fined 2,000 dollars a month?

I for one will never conform. They can come and try to take me, try to make me pay, but it ain't gonna happen. I've done lived most of my life anyway, and I have lived FREE. I WILL DIE FREE......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join