It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Threatened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Still looking for a source but it just hit Rick's List on CNN that several lawmakers have received threats against their lives.

If anyone finds any source before I do, please post.

I guess they are finding out what happens when they vote for something the American people did not want. Instead of trying to line their pockets with more money, maybe they should start listening to us as they should.

**Nothing on MSM outlets on-line as of yet. I saw it as it broke on CNN. Still coming up empty on a website**

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hear it on MSNBC and FOX that members of the house who voted for the health care bill are getting death threats. And so it begins, the wrath of the american public is starting, and some of these people are out for blood. They are also feeling threatened by having their picture with a bulls eye target on it, giving them pause to think about what they just did. Many are saying to calm down and do not do anything violent or rash, but I have a feeling that there are those who are going to force a change at the point of a weapon. Right now it is just small incidents, bricks through windows, verbal and email threats, but the more this goes, the more they are going to look at the possiblity of curbing free speech. According the news, they are looking into the threats seriously. And it is extending to the representitives families as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
my daddy always taught me

You reap what you sow !!!

So now it's time for the reaping.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
While I don't doubt the veracity of a majority of these claims, just remember we honestly don't know yet whom these people are who are making these threats although, some, including Fox are trying to pin it on Tea Partiers. There are nutters on both sides and the left has been caught before trying to pin stuff like this on others. I just hope everyone involved uses thier thinking caps before doing something stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

If anyone finds any source before I do, please post.

Democr atic lawmakers facing death threats after health bill signed.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here's a story link for ya
Democr atic lawmakers facing death threats after health bill signed

Congresswoman Louise Slaughter reported that her office was damaged by vandals, and received phone calls threatening her children and grand children. Similar threats were leveled at Michigan Democrat Bart Stupak and Ohio's Steve Driehaus.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good.

The government needs to live in fear of the American people. Each and every lawmaker needs to wake up every day and have that nagging little thought in the back of their head that if they screw up, they will be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is inexcusable behavior, for the love of God the grandchildren of Senator's need a security detail because crazy people want to threaten not only the lives of the senators but their families, RIDICULOUS.

Obama ran on healthcare, Obama won the election, Obama and congress created a healthcare system. Clearly, when he ran and enough people voted him into office there was a majority that agreed that healthcare overhull was needed or at least desired. I understand that not everyone wanted him in office, and not everyone is going to happy with his presidency. Suck it the hell up regroup and vote someone else in in 2012.

Personally, I place a large chunk of the blame on these idiotic pundits who have zero credentials who do nothing but put out lies and incite violence.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm not going to say what I am feeling for fear of being on a watchlist or the government goons kicking my door in.

I will say though that most Americans are absolutely FED UP!!! We as a people VALUE our Freedoms, Freedoms that are being ripped away from us. The Constitution means nothing anymore to TPTB. They use it as a doormat to be trampled upon daily.

I'm ready for whatever comes....Let's Rock.........

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Nothing wrong with making sure these criminals live in fear.

Maybe it will make them think twice before they cast their next vote.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
This is inexcusable behavior, for the love of God the grandchildren of Senator's need a security detail because crazy people want to threaten not only the lives of the senators but their families, RIDICULOUS.

WHY is this ridiculous ??? I don't think so !!!
the government is doing it to us !!!
They drew first blood !!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Nothing wrong with making sure these criminals live in fear.

Maybe it will make them think twice before they cast their next vote.

Good grief.

I agree that what 99.9% of politicians are crooked, corrupt individuals who would benefit from a stint in jail. To go and threaten to not only shoot up DC, the homes of the congress people, the families of congress people is unacceptable.

So the millions of people that voted for Obama and wanted healthcare reform should not have had their voices heard. Instead, those who want to go the route of physical violence should get their way. Sounds democratic to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Exactly whose blood was spilled over healthcare?

You want to discuss the spillage of blood and outrage over our 2 current wars where people are actually dying and being injured over lies then fine, but the government has yet to kill or injure a person over healthcare.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Good thing we dont live in a democracy. We instead have a Constitutional republic, in which we elect REPRESENTATIVES.

When those who represent us fail to represent the wishes of the American people (as all polls indicated a majority did not want the HC bill that was passed), they need to be held accountable for going against the will of the very people they represent.

Fear is a very strong motivator for those in office. Whether it be the fear of not getting re-elected, or the fear of violence, as long as they live in fear every day, they will think twice about each vote they cast on behalf of those who gave them that job in the first place.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's astonishing to me how many people on ATS openly support and advocate political terrorism and violence against elected officials. I really hope you are being monitored by the appropriate law enforcement agencies...thanks for revealing yourselves so openly.
You support terrorism and I consider you cowards.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just a reminder.

There will be absolutely no tolerance for posts that directly advocate the use of violence.

All such posts will be removed.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

You know by modern day standards, the founding fathers would be considered terrorists.

You consider them cowards too?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dems Fear Violent Backlash

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

No, I consider them to have acted appropriately and heroically and to have done so because they were denied a voice in their governance. You on the other hand, have voting rights, equal rights and legal means of expressing yourself and exercising your political efficacy without resorting to violence and terrorism.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ChrisCrikey]
edited for spelling and grammar

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
while threats are uncalled for, they are not listening when we talk. we gave them our time, our money, and for some people our trust while they still run their agenda. their agenda should be what the people want. when the people wanted healthcare reform, they got lies and page after page of garbage. no wonder people are upset.

example:
you go to a restaurant and your meal is bad. the waiter/waitress says they will fix it, but comes back with another plate of bad food. do you sit back and say it's ok you tried, or do you get livid?

Seriously folks what we got was a bill not worth the paper it was printed on, lies that continue, a never ending deficit, and we are supposed to sit back and wait for them to fix it?

BEAM ME UP!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join