It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA projects 2010 will (likely) be the hottest year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Forecast is 40c temp for UK summer

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
2010 has been on the cards for a while.

Even the SST data is uber high for January. And the above is from Roy Spencer - a septic.

This coming year will likely be the warmest on record. Bottle of Red on it if you want.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by melatonin]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was going to happen eventually, of course. La Nina and the solar minima was just offsetting the GHG-induced warming.

Now we have a turn in the ENSO to El Nino. Still waiting for solar activity to really fire up again.

Deniers can't hide from reality forever...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Deniers can't hide from reality forever...

Fair Enough, but the knife cuts both ways.

The Mainstream theory can't hide from reality forever either.

I am perfectly content to let 2010 be the deciding factor.

If my solar-heated pool isn't up to 80 degrees by the end of April, I am going to be mad, and declare Global Warming a farce!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well gosh, If Nasa says so, then dont argue people. LOL.

On a more serious note, why is the Auronautics and Space Administration concerning themselves with the weather here on planet earth? Isnt it supposedly out of their field of focus?

More importantly, why are they so late to jump on this forecasting bandwagon. I've seen this prediction everywhere, and only now does Nasa come out with this groundbreaking prediction. Have they now become one of the three blind mice?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
On a more serious note, why is the Auronautics and Space Administration concerning themselves with the weather here on planet earth? Isnt it supposedly out of their field of focus?

The Earth Observing System (EOS) is a program of NASA comprising a series of artificial satellite missions and scientific instruments in Earth orbit designed for long-term global observations of the land surface, biosphere, atmosphere, and oceans of the Earth. The satellite component of the program was launched in 1997. The program is centerpiece of NASA's Earth Science Enterprise (ESE).

Earth Observing System

It's from Wiki, so take from it what you will.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nasa have put my hopes up for a decent summer now.
Last year was crappy, the year before that was win. When the hoses get banned in england you know its a decent summer winn thank you global warming ^_^

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
According to the site a user linked to in the comments....

joannenova.com.au...

Mathews Graph 1976: 1955 – 1965 was around 0.3C warmer than 1970’s

Hansen/GISS 1980: 1955 – 1965 was around 0.1C warmer than 1970’s

Hansen/GISS 1987: 1955 – 1965 was around 0.05C warmer than 1970’s

Hansen/GISS 2007: 1955 – 1965 was around 0.03C cooler than 1970’s

So what is now true, are they reliable or not?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Gee, how is that prediction working out for them?

We are 1/4th of the way through the year, we just had record snowfalls in the Midwest, Spring has not hit the Gulf Coast yet, Europe is coming off an extremely hard winter, water temperatures in the Gulf and the Atlantic are unseasonably cool, Manatees are still dying from exposure.

So, I guess they are predicting that the remaining 9 months of this year will be so Hot that it will overcome an extremely cold start and cause the average for the year to be a record? Are we looking at 110 degree summer days?

I don't think so, I think we are looking at a study that got published a little too late, and just looks silly at this point. This was supposed to have come out before all the Cap and Trade debates.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by getreadyalready]
Although it would appear that because of the "record snowfalls" across the country, that global warming couldn't possibly be happining. However, we have NOT had record cold temps. In fact the overall temps have been "warmer." And with warmer temps globally we get more moisture in the air, thus leading to larger storms and unusuall weather. Just because it is snowing in many parts of the world does not equal cooling,

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

For the years 1958-75 Hansen/GISS (1980) only finds a temperature decline of approximately 0,07 K (red) in stead of the 0,3 K decline (blue) from Raobcore, Korshover etc.

The issue here is with the above, and shows the problem with amateur blog-'science'. This is his main difference - I'll get to NASA-GISS in time...

The guy is comparing apples and oranges. The Roabcore data is from radiosondes, and specifically focus on the tropical region (30S-30N). NASA-GISS is global data. I like how he calls them 'high quality', lol.

So the 0.3'C blah is only due to his ignorance or deceptiveness. You decide which. In fact, he even cherrypicks localised datasets as well - laughable.

For NASA-GISS, the algorithm which produces the anomalies has changed since the 1980s. Issues like UHI, which septics continually whine about, have been accounted for by their algorithm (they use satellite data and adjust using rural stations). Various other minor changes have been well-documented - firstly in Hansen et al. (2001), and more recent on the NASA-GISS website.

Deniers can't have it both ways - complain about issues with the data which leads to adjustments, then complain about adjustments which are attempting to account for the issues. That much cake and eating it obviously leads to excessive cholesterol on the brain.

The differences are also due to this dude's method. Not really a scientific approach - he thinks he can differentiate fractional changes (at the 0.01'C level) between 1945-1955 and 1960-1970 by just sticking a fat line on a number of different anomaly plots, each with different axes and baseline comparisons? lol. Indeed, the error range for the anomalies themselves is 0.1'C...

The dude's ignorance is further exhibited in the post update, when he sticks a 5 year running mean dataset (NASA-GISS 1980) on McIntyre's data comparison which is based on 11 year running means.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We had the coldest summer in 14 years over here in the netherlands, also the most days with snow since 1979.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join