It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Despised in Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They needed a poll to figure out people didn't like Wall Street, bankers and CEOs?

Wall Street Despised in Poll Showing Most Want Regulation

Most people interviewed in the Bloomberg National Poll say they don’t like Wall Street, banks or insurance companies and favor letting the government punish bankers who helped cause the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

57 percent of Americans have a mostly unfavorable or very unfavorable view of Wall Street, versus fewer than one-quarter who have a favorable opinion. Banks are viewed badly by 54 percent of poll respondents, and 60 percent have a negative opinion of insurance companies.

The poll also shows most Americans don’t like the nation’s top corporate bosses. Almost two-thirds say they have an unfavorable opinion of business executives, a rating that rivals the public’s disdain for Congress, which was viewed with disfavor by 67 percent of respondents.

Ok, most people don't like Wall Street, banks or CEO's and view them as largely responsible for getting us in to this mess. I'd argue government played a part in letting them get away with getting us into this mess as well.

The question is - will they do anything to fix it?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well I am part of that percentage that despises wall street,
the fed reserve, and banks. I think the fed needs disbanding.
I think wall street needs disbanding cuz there is no regulation
or oversight on any of them. the SEC is suppose to oversee
them but see what happened on 9/11 when they tried to
do that, all evidence destroyed. nice way to cover one's
illegal footprint wouldn't u say???

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ending the Fed and getting back control of our monetary system would be monumental. It's all about the money and we gave control of it away with the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. If the people actually understood what the Fed does and how much they screw our country heads would be rolling. But we have a long way to go to raise awareness, the average person still believes the Fed is an actual government entity.

join