It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA space shuttle missions Hollywood-style movie posters-Gotta See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just way to cool-seriously. Someone was thinking at NASA in the promotions section. I don't know how to load them up so I am putting the link. If any member can/could-post at least one to show the rest.

I love the UK papers. You won't be disappointed.

Link to lead in and 8 of the posters: www.telegraph.co.uk...

These, added with the Hubble 3D Experience they just put out on March 19th is a big step in the right direction to getting the people back behind the Space Program (regardless of what one may think they are up to....)

[edit on 3/24/2010 by anon72]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Very good. Although I can but help to feel a slight level of embarrassment - just like watching The Office - when viewing this poster. It seems Photshop is boldly going where no NASA creative has gone before.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That is pretty cool

however this was not done without a decent amout of $$££€€'s being exchanged. now there is a pretty obvious link between hollywood and NASA/(enter sinister goverment name here).

Maybe im reading to far into a simple poster. Maybe not

thaks for sharing

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ha! What a joke!

Sorry but I think they are so cheesy and embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
this just makes them look silly, i mean anybody with photoshop skills and a computer can make these so-called movie style posters. just ask those people on deviantart. and they want to make their efforts and achievements in space look cool? isn't it cool enough already?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I started a thread on this last Friday. Click here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To think that NASA spends billions of dollars a year on its work, you'd think they could come up with something a lot less cheesy than these posters.
As already suggested, I saw these posters and immediately felt embarrased looking at them. It's like a bad prank, that doesn't look too clever at all.
Worse still, is that for all the time that has been spent creating these, it is time wasted that could have been better spent securing funding to get those vital missions accomplished, that we have now been told won't happen due to "budget cuts".
The simple answer here is cut the budget to the department coming up with these posters, and get them to put some serious effort into getting real work accomplished.
I don't think for one minute that we should expect NASA staff not to have a sense of humour about their sometimes dangerous work, but it does seem that too much time is wasted on messing about and having a laugh, that we are still stuck (officially at least) in near earth orbit and not really exploring the stars.
Which makes me think that perhaps these posters are something of an in-joke. Perhaps we are really exploring the stars, and this is some pranksters way of saying that what we see up front isn't always what is going on behind the scenes...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
To think that NASA spends billions of dollars a year on its work, you'd think they could come up with something a lot less cheesy than these posters.
As already suggested, I saw these posters and immediately felt embarrased looking at them. It's like a bad prank, that doesn't look too clever at all.
Worse still, is that for all the time that has been spent creating these, it is time wasted that could have been better spent securing funding to get those vital missions accomplished, that we have now been told won't happen due to "budget cuts".
The simple answer here is cut the budget to the department coming up with these posters, and get them to put some serious effort into getting real work accomplished.
I don't think for one minute that we should expect NASA staff not to have a sense of humour about their sometimes dangerous work, but it does seem that too much time is wasted on messing about and having a laugh, that we are still stuck (officially at least) in near earth orbit and not really exploring the stars.
Which makes me think that perhaps these posters are something of an in-joke. Perhaps we are really exploring the stars, and this is some pranksters way of saying that what we see up front isn't always what is going on behind the scenes...

Most likely, these posters are suppose to inspire kids to learn about space...and kids probably won't find them "cheesy".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

You are correct sir. Sorry. I did look but not good enough.

MODS please close this thread.

new topics

top topics

join