It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland gives stripping the cold shoulder with ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Iceland's parliament has voted to ban striptease shows, making it an offense for any business to profit from the nudity of its employees.

Iceland's legislature, the Althingi, passed the ban Tuesday night, with just two abstentions and no votes against.

Nude dancing was already heavily regulated in Iceland, a north Atlantic island nation of 320,000, and only a handful of clubs feature stripping.

Kolbrun Halldorsdottir, a former lawmaker who was the first to propose the legislation, told broadcaster RUV on Wednesday that "it is not acceptable that women, or people in general, are a product to be sold."

The country combines liberal social values with a strong women's movement. Almost half of Iceland's legislators are women.

I guarantee alot of Icelanders are pretty angry now. What are they going to do when they get in an argument with their wives?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Stripping is a form of prostitution. Like it or not, there is always going to be prostitution. A ban on strippers is only going to drive stripping underground or force the strip bars' clientele to go to brothels.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I guarantee alot of Icelanders are pretty angry now. What are they going to do when they get in an argument with their wives?

news.yahoo.com...

In the 15 years we've been together, I've had a few rows with my other-half. I've never yet gone to a strip club after a row with her though. Am I supposed to?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

No, I'm just making a joke.

new topics

top topics

join