It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Helicopter at local airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I figured it might not be quite a UFO case, but none the less it's probably interesting enough to some folks here. There's a lot of modern folklore associated with black helicopters and the UFO and conspiracy crowd probably want to know when and where one was spotted. So the information is worth relaying in that regard.

I first saw the black helicopter flying nearby the local municipal airport. So curiosity got the better of me, and yes it did land. And it was on the ground and refueling at 10:15AM today.

The interesting thing is unlike the "black" helicopters I've known from being prior military (Navy does fly dark slate grey helicopters with lighter grey markings, and being on a carrier where you muster in the hangar - you bump into them and notice these things.) Under certain light from a distance, they look black. (Air Force and Army have some that are black, but at the distance I was - there would still discernable markings with slightly glossier paint.) This thing was full flat black and completely unmarked. No military markings, no government markings, no tail numbers, no maintenance numbers, nothing. (It was close enough to see such detail when it was parked.) Windows were dark tinted too. However the model of helicopter itself was nothing too unusual or foreign. It was a Bell-206 JetRanger or OH-58 Kiowa (but with no pods or hardpoints, nice clean airframe).

If anyone cares to follow up or investigate on their own, I'll provide links to the airport and some other stuff at the end of this post. The only obvious thing I could think it would be associated with at the local airport is the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office there. (Just a parked trailer, but a small office none the less.) I really did wish I had my camera, but as usual when something odd comes up that's when it's not on you. Maybe I'll see it again if it's associated with ICE.

Alright, here's the links:
www.waukeganport.com...
www.ice.gov...
www.dbaviation.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The lack of any sorts of markings does seem pretty odd... But I've seen plenty of black helicopters throughout my life, and very few of them looked more unusual than "holy crap big metal thing in the sky!"

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have noticed lately a lot of helicopter activity at night time in my area. During the day...it is very rare to see a helicopter. But at night it is like a helicopter highway. And they are all very low flying...almost too low. I wonder if they are staying that low to get under radar? Being at night, I can't really get a good look at them, but some I have noticed don't have the typical lights, some have close to no lights at all.

I've asked people in my area if they've noticed it too...but they said they never really pay attention...typical.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MindWar

yeah i know what you mean, last weekend i was in my room and a black helicopter crashed through my wall and open fired on me. luckily im ok

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

I didn't say they were black, I only hear and see them at night, so hard to tell.

I realize you are making fun of me, but why? Because I have recently noticed a lot of helicopter activity in my area? That seems pretty odd to insult someone about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MindWar

I can’t help but find it odd that when I hear those types of comments they are usually coming from someone with a new account. Wonder what that’s about.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I saw many of these unmarked black helicopters in Iraq. Word was they were being flown by alternative agencies (CIA, Blackwater, etc).

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

After reading both volumes of Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State", I was quite surprised at how many unidentified mystery helicopters buzzed military bases. They did maneuvers that were not conventional either. It seems some of these helicopters seen may not belong to us or any one here on this planet.

Interesting thread, and I would like to see a book published on all of the sightings of mystery helicopters.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

My wife and I saw three unmarked, black, and low-flying helicopters today when I was leaving for work. They were flying with two in front and one in the back. I have seen a black helicopter only on one other occasion at this same residence.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by pauljs75

After reading both volumes of Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State", I was quite surprised at how many unidentified mystery helicopters buzzed military bases. They did maneuvers that were not conventional either. It seems some of these helicopters seen may not belong to us or any one here on this planet.

Interesting thread, and I would like to see a book published on all of the sightings of mystery helicopters.

Nice to see SOMEBODY at ATS has read Richard Dolan' two books.

I just wish more people would read them, there's a s**t load of information in those two volumes.

I live in Sydney Australia and Australian Army black hawk helicopters have been flying almost constantly over the harbor for the last two weeks.

top topics

join