It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coulter speech canceled amid ‘boisterous’ protest, ‘fears for her well-being’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Raw Story

About two thousand noisy protesters is what it takes to get an Ann Coulter speech canceled, apparently.

That's the scene which transpired on Tuesday night at the University of Ottawa, where the right-wing author had planned a talk. Canadian media described the crowd as "boisterous."

"A spokesman for the group that organized the event said there were fears for Coulter's well-being after about two thousand people gathered outside the venue to protest her presence there," The Toronto Star reported.

Ahead of her spoiled event in Ottawa, the university's president sent Coulter a letter stating, "I would ... remind you, that our domestic laws, both provincial and federal, delineate freedom of expression (or 'free speech') in a manner that is somewhat different than the approach taken in the United States. I therefore encourage you to educate yourself, if need be, as to what is acceptable in Canada and to do so before your planned visit here."

Coulter circulated the test to right-wing media, claiming that she'd become the victim of a "hate crime." Then, she snarled at a Muslim student to "take a camel" instead of flying on commercial airliners.

This question is regarding Canada's hate speech laws and whether or not they stifle free speech. It appears Ann Coulter was warned to be careful. She was apparently intimidated by the sizeable crowd of protesters.

Personally I hope she is arrested some day along with John Yoo, George Bush, Alberto Gonzales, Dick Cheney...etc etc,.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A couple of things..

Existing thread at link below -

I'm not sure you could arrest her as having extremely partisan political views and expressing them hasn't been made a crime yet..

If it was you'd not only have arrest her but Rush, Beck, etc..and on the other side of the fence you have to arrest Maddow, Olbermann, etc..as all have said very divisive statements at one time or another..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join