It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothership or Portal releasing ufos? wtf?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey people, i did a search here for this video and I couldn't find it, sorry if it's been posted before.

I'm absolutely ignorant about CGI and such, so i can't say for real...
but it seems fake to me, it's too perfect and the dialogue between the "witnesses" doesn't seem right...

That's why i'm posting it, it seems fake but i can't be sure
I know you people will blow this up to pieces, that's the best way to know.
Here's the stuff

Full URL:
www.youtube.com...

Don't kill the messenger! I'm not saying this is true!

See ya.
Drakus.

PS: I know there's a way to embed the video here but it only shows a gray box to me so i'm posting the url...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Covered and debunked a million times here.

CGI is the verdict.

No shame in missing the info train.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey drakus,

Yeah man, I've seen this before up here and I do believe it was determined to be a fake. If I recall correctly the "UFO activity" was added to the film and not originally part of it.

You can sort of tell by listening to the audio.

Although the people speaking are exclaiming about something they view as "gorgeous", they aren't really shocked or even surprised by what should have been much a more startling other-worldly display. They appear to just be mildly entertained.

Anyway, it is a cool fake.

Thanks,

- Lee

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To me it looks like the eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings.

I think it looks to elaborate to be real, but thank you for taking the time to post that though.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Haha, yeah i never had high expectations for this vid but the doubt was killing me...
I agree that what throws it off is the dialogue, i can accept the "gorgeous" comment, but when the thing dissapears i was expecting some sort of "Whoaaa, did you see THAT!" i know i would be shouting and jumping around like crazy
either is a fake or they are all some kind of zen masters of self control...

Thanks for the replies, i can rest safely now.
Drakus

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Slightly confusing video, but pretty good cg work - assuming it genuinely was 'debunked' and not just a case of people seeing and saying "nah that can't be real".

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

IMO that trees and the sky have the same CGI texture of that famous video made by WANCO "The Haiti UFO".... I really doubt someone recording a video of an UFO acting like that, wouldn't run a lot away from there... However I won't affirm it's a CGI job before a further investigation...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Covered and debunked a million times here.

Agree.

CGI is the verdict.

Agree.

No shame in missing the info train.

Disagree.

Eternal shame upon they who do not use the search function.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

LOLOLOLOLOL

very nice start and flag

to all of you who thinks thats CGI....... That would be a 8hour a day one month project to make it look that good, who has that time?...who has that money?... for what? notting, absolutly notting you woould gainNOTTING making this video, and you would of wasted ALOT of time doing it.

Me myself being a visual animator have come to the conclution that would either have to be a school project ( a very very good one, i can't produce those effects and make them look that real and i got 98% )

why do i say it would have to be a school project? becuase thats the only place you would have the time to create something so meaningless.

if someone made this on their home computer by themselves it would of taken alot of personal time for no gain.

i believe this video is real. S+F.

i wouldn't even waste a month of my time making that video....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sv_gravity 800

yeah i've just watched that agian and again and again.

CGI like that would cost thousands of thousands of dollars.

i havn't seen CGI that good if it is CGI since Jerassic Park.

and for anyone that wants to argue, Jerassic Park still to date has the best CGI i've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
thats just #en amazing

if someone made that in CGI i want to meet him

its #en perfect.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i can't stop watching now, there is no way thats CGI

to create a video with lighting that realistic in such a dark enviorment and then rendered over to a real video is way to much work for the attention this 20 second video would recive, like i dont even think there is a teacher in my school who could produce a scene that real.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
if it is CGI, there are no lighting, texture, framing, motion, defects or flaws what so ever, its so perfect its not even funny.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
whats even more scary, you can name any hollywood movie with cgi, i'll go watch it and then name hundreads of mistakes they made with the CGI, i can't find one here, all i can find are more reason for it to be real.

god damn i would be class bound for a year trying to recreate that tree for my scence to get a perfect fly by of the orbs behind the brances, then you would have to animate all the leaves and branches to the montion of the wind, there is just to much that video is to legit

i dont care if thats CGI, WASTE OF MONEY AND TALENT

this video is real

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Haha, yeah i never had high expectations for this vid but the doubt was killing me...
I agree that what throws it off is the dialogue, i can accept the "gorgeous" comment, but when the thing dissapears i was expecting some sort of "Whoaaa, did you see THAT!" i know i would be shouting and jumping around like crazy
either is a fake or they are all some kind of zen masters of self control...

Thanks for the replies, i can rest safely now.
Drakus

the craziest # i've ever record on a video i dont start flipping and going nutz, i was in so much disbelif of what i witnessed i was in aw.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
if you notice that tree is moving with the wind the entire time, to recreate the silhouet of that tree in MAX to add this UFO, you would also have to recreate the exact animation and motion of it, just that aloooonnnnnnnnnneeee in that scene would be to much work way to much work

so much work

crazy crazy crazy work i can't even begin to discusss

Look up how to put a 3D object in a real video.

you have to recreate everythign in that real video in the 3D scene.

that tree would be to much work for a 20 secon video

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
wowowowowo

watching this for the 200th time, only a idiot with no Visual Animation expeiance would classify this as CGI.

rofl copters, i wish i knew someone that could produce a video that good...

open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
thanks for posting this man, my class is going to have fun tomorrow debunking this.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My first impression (if I happened to come across this) wouldn't be "look how gorgeous it is". I'd be internally freaking out and yet, maybe, perhaps,
....accepting it. But again, my reaction wouldn't be one of beauty (unless this happened a lot in my life)

That's just me.
Every one reacts differently but, to me.........doesn't feel real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join