It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Veteran Gets Tasered & Beat Down @ Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
video link since I can't seem to get it to work correct here
thought I would talk about this video. I would like to say first that this act should have landed the cop in jail anyone that thinks they can attack a US SOLDGIER and get away with it is mistaken. the only thing this guy did was ask why and he gets taserd just sick.

Metro says its officer acted appropriately during a skirmish with an Iraq war vet at McCarran Airport earlier this year.

It says the case is closed and considers its officer to be blameless in the incident.

Metro claims that Army National Guard Sergeant Mark England was yelling at officers and used profanities.

Sergeant England says all he did was ask the officer to pick up a dollar bill that the officer knocked out of his hand.

The beating that came after left Sergeant England with broken ribs, a black eye, and cuts and bruises all over his arms.

Metro also says it thinks that Sergeant England has used his uniform as a soapbox.

They also say what happened that day is not the kind of behavior they would expect from a returning soldier from Iraq.

Metro officials tell Action News they are going to ask the District Attorney to pursue charges against the Sergeant.

Keep it tuned to Channel 13 Action News for the latest on this exclusive story.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

can 13 news las vegas

I have more to say however it would violate T&C and well right now I am unwilling to do so.

-Ash

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

IT is kind of hard to tell what really happened. Everyone is trying to push their exaggerated view to make their story seem more plausible. He could have tried to mouth off, having the security to over react.

There isn't enough evidence.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The only brotherhood greater than the Police brotherhood, is the military's bond. These guys found each other to be the only people they could rely on in battle.

In fact, some of them become police officers. I hope that when TPTB try and use the police against us, the enlisted ranks of the military wake up. I wouldn't count on it though.

Regardless, this is terrible to see.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Cant be sure, but it sounds like yet another case where the cops have the attitude of "Shut your mouth before I put my foot in it"

Most civilians would just bend over and take it, but soldiers are trained to FIGHT. Especially someone who has been in WAR, will most likely have a hardened sense of pride, and the reluctance to back down from threats. This is NOT a bad thing, if more people adopted that way of thinking, maybe our politicians wouldnt be robbing us blind, while they sip champagne and send our country into a financial nose dive.

Ive met police that were curteous, understanding, responsive, then you meet one that doesnt give a flying F--- about you, or your questions and concerns. Sounds like this guy met the latter, even if he was shouting and using "profanity," since when is that a crime, worthy of being beaten and tasered?

What a bunch of thuggery...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is old news, I believe I had seen this before. Regardless, it looks like another case of rent-a-cop wants to break bad.
I don;t see your point about it being a US soldier, they have the same rights as every other US citizen. Soldier, old lady, kids in handcuffs - it's all wrong.
One of these days the public will get fed up with these guys and just gang up on them.
We really need to eliminate tasers as a law enforcement tool. It seems too many times they are used needlessly as I believe this case to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

first off let me say thank you for putting the video up and I did think the views were a bit off to.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If he was shouting at me I'd stick a taser in his mouth, but a beating? There's no way I suppose of knowing the real truth of what happened; quite likely the soldier was being mouthy and the officer overreacted and tasered him. Wouldn't it be safe to say that a soldier coming back from Iraq could have already had those black eyes etc? Both sides are probably exaggerating - that's generally what happens.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There's a certain irony about this event that holds the most entertainment for me. Similar to a "pot meet kettle" type of thing.

Oh well - back to kicking puppies and torturing kittens..

[edit on 24-3-2010 by TXRabbit]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well I guess I know what to expect once I return to the states soon. I remember having warm welcomes back in the past but it seems like I will most likely be next to get tasered or worse once I hit the airport. :shk:

Edit: ...but wait a minute im not national guard im active service so would it make a difference?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

new topics

top topics

join