It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers leave 5 year old stranded in tree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
this is not a problem caused by "the uk", and i take offence when people say cap like "whats up with those people in the uk", as me, and everyone else i know wouldnt ever be as petty as this.

at the end of the day, the head teacher is the one that stopped anyone helping, and who has accused the person who helped of tresspass,which they done to try and displace their own feeling of guilt for leaving a kid up a tree.

the head teacher in this story is a complete jobsworth, and its as simple as that, its all very well for someone to invent a stupid rule, but its the people that follow the stupid rules that cause the probelm. . . at the end of the day these decisions are up to individuals, not what a bit of paper tells them to think.

(ps, jobsworths act like this because they are lazy, and because their normaly quite sad people, and this this their way of hitting out at whatever it is they hate in society)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

If this was an isolated incident, SURE. But there's been way, way too many other incidents, news stories, and tales coming out of the UK to say 'oh, this was just one group'. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And it sounds like it's not just the school that's the issue, because the cops took the complaint and seem to be agreeing with the school about the woman trespassing.

This is absurd. Like the woman said, a taller person could've just plucked the kid from the tree and took off. If that were to happen, THAT person surely wouldn't be slapped with a trespassing charge because they'd have gotten away and done who knows what with the child.

I'd love to hear what the parents of the kids in that school think of the incident. If that happened in my child's school, I'd be making school transfer my top priority.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Perhaps the Head Teacher has been sent on a common purpose exercise.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi Berenike

Here's a google page that puts things in perspective and highlights the sheer absurdity of the situation just because it happened on school grounds:

kitten tree rescued fireman

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Hiya,

I'll say here and now, if I had to rescue anyone from a tree I'd choose to rescue a kitten.

I'd get into less trouble and could probably expect more gratitude. Plus, I could comfort it with a cuddle without having to put my name on a register

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What a bizarre incident!

Seriously though, I'm rather surprised the school allowed him to climb, and then remain, in a tree... I mean, isn't there some sort of "risk management" policy about that? You know, can't let our children do anything perceived as dangerous, or anything...

As for the kittens in the tree... funny story. A relative of mine (a firefighter) was called out to house by a woman who's kitten/cat/whatever ran up a tree and wouldn't come down. So, this relative asks her what she expects him to do about it and she tells him to rescue the cat. He than tells her that the cat got up there on it's own, it will come down on it's own and this woman gets all pissed at him.

His point: he'll go up a tree to get her, but not for the da*mn cat!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

To be honest, after reading your story, I would only be mildly surprised if I saw this headline in the near future:
"Passer-by put on kitten offender register after rescuing a kitten from school roof."

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It's a fair point. If these teachers are so health and safety conscious why on Earth did they allow the little darling to climb up there in the first place?

Aren't they supposed to watch the kids at playtime? Or are they more comfortable watching from the safety of the schoolafter the kid's been allowed to get into trouble?

As for getting cats out of trees - I thought firemen just turned the hose on them?

I talked a cat down from a tree once, but I doubt I could do it again. I think that particular cat was a bit less awkward than most

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It just goes to show, "No good deed shall go unpunished".

Crazy Brits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join