It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL: Strong evidence or major hoax???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The information you have placed in front of me is very compelling, and I am inclined to believe that time travel is possible, and has gone on more than once. Star and Flag.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I thought we agreed on this. The smoking dude on the left is the only sketchtastic man in the 40's pic.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hang on common sense: You go back in time and behave in one of two manners:
1. Not caring about being noticed as being "odd".
2. Blending in.

If it's the second, the thing you would not do is wear wrong clothing and use an out of time camera! If it's the first you would use a nice new modern digital camera.

Even better: You would blend in and use a copy of the correct camera as a dummy case for your nice new digital variety. Even so you would still blend in.

This half way between almost blending in but not quite is just plain sloppy and shows that the problem is not with the time traveller (who isn't) but the viewer wanting to believe in a time traveller and rejecting all reasoned arguments outlining the mundane explanation.

Classic cognitive dissonance!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Time travel is indeed possible, but there is one small flaw that makes it very difficult for me to believe that this guy was in fact a TT. In order for you to travel back in time, the 'time machine' has to have already been built during that time. What I mean is you can only go as far back as the machine itself was first activated.

A prominent professor at NASA used lazer lights to spin neutrons in a chamber with something else that I forget, but it did indeed send some of those neutrons back in time by a few minutes. It is off of this that he determined that the machine the facilitates time travel must exist in order for mass to travel back to the point of its first activation, but no further. He then said if other intellegent life have created one billions of years ago, then we could ask to use theirs to go back, but that is the best possibility we have.

Personally time travel to me is like trying to contact the dead, nothing good will EVER come of it. Remember that fate has a hand in everything, where you stop one thing, somewhere another thing will start. Here is my example.

Let's say we went back in time and killed Hitler before he came to power (Red Alert anyone?). Well that means we stopped the Nazi Regime before it started. However, by doing so Stalin is now able to expand Russia's borders without much interference and attacks. Stalin was as bad a man as Hitler in many ways, some worse, so we would have had WWII anyway, just with different allies and different battles. This is how fate will always have some say in what happens.

You can rearrange the peices, but they are the same peices no matter what and can only produce so many outcomes.

If anyone gets my Red Alert reference, S&F for you!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikemp44
Let's say we went back in time and killed Hitler before he came to power (Red Alert anyone?). Well that means we stopped the Nazi Regime before it started.

Not to mention that once the timeline developed along to the point where we invent time travel, there would no longer be any reason for you to go back in time and kill hitler. Nobody would even have known who he was. So, then you couldn't go back in time and kill hitler, could you?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For what it's worth...old man, old memory
An old issue of the Police Gazette. Anyone interested in trying to track it down it deals with a body stuffed into a pipe. Crushed almost, to make it fit. I have heard about the photo but at the time was unable to locate a source for back issues of the P.G.. Suppose to show a 70's style cell-phone in a 40's photo.
As I said, for what it's worth

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Let's say we went back in time and killed Hitler before he came to power (Red Alert anyone?)....

...If anyone gets my Red Alert reference, S&F for you!

Excellent. RA is one of my old favorites. Tesla based technology weapons, Einstein and Soviet super soldiers. Who could want more?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Let's take a good look at the T-shirt sporting the ginormous M. T-shirts in that era were worn as undershirts, not as an exposed shirt AND...
T shirts weren't printed on until :

T-shirt
In the early 1950s several companies based in Miami, Florida, started to decorate T-shirts with different resort names and various characters. The first company was Tropix Togs, under founder Sam Kantor, in Miami. They were the original license for Walt Disney characters that included Mickey Mouse and Davy Crockett. Later other companies expanded into the T-shirt printing business that included Sherry Manufacturing Company also based in Miami. Sherry started in 1948 by its owner and founder Quinton Sandler as a screen print scarf business and evolved into one of the largest screen printed resort and licensed apparel companies in the United States.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Time travel is indeed possible, but there is one small flaw that makes it very difficult for me to believe that this guy was in fact a TT. In order for you to travel back in time, the 'time machine' has to have already been built during that time. What I mean is you can only go as far back as the machine itself was first activated.

Unfortunately, all of your claims are based on one version of time travel; based on one method by which some neutrinos have possibly been sent back in time. There could be methods that don't require the machine to exist in the previous time.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Let's take a good look at the T-shirt sporting the ginormous M. T-shirts in that era were worn as undershirts, not as an exposed shirt AND...
T shirts weren't printed on until :

Is ginormous M, is not T shirt. Is Varsity letter sweater and has been pointed out a couple of times here and in the other thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
whose bridge-opening antics he desperately missed.

I am sorry but I just had to point out that that is the best phrase I have ever read in my entire life.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
How about Quran and Bible?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

The man in your photo was what was commonly referred to as a hipster.
they were a counter culture in the 1940,s.Do a little research next time before you start claiming what clothes are unusual for a decade. As far as the camera its a poor quality pick but id say most likely a brownie from general shape. As far as the glasses they are a remake of aviation goggles with a little more style notice there not sunglasses there is no side arms its held on with elastic.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Aside from the sunglasses and the camera...what about the t-shirt that the guy is wearing? Did they have cotton t-shirts in the 1940's?

I would say that his sense of dress looks pretty modern.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

How about our "modern" fashion being kinda retro these days?

And who says that's even a t-shirt? It could easily be a longsleeve.

And to the OP;
The sunglasses you are suggesting that the "time traveller" is wearing aren't alike, not the slightest.
I'm sorry but I have to
at that.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

However I have to say at this point that time travel is a proven fact.

I forget the name now but one of the orbiting astronauts has traveled a fraction of a second into the future already. Now I know it is only a fraction of a second but it proves the concept.

Lol. What do you mean? I just travelled a couple of seconds into the future as I typed this.

Time travel isn't physically possible. The past is no longer available to us. So to travel back in time would require the reversal of every particle in the universe to the exact same position and state that it was in at the desired temporal destination.

Time as we experience it is illusory, it's merely our perception of process.

The photo of friend Albert has been comprehensively explained, he's a cool cat amongst a crowd of squares and all of his apparel was available in the 1940s.

The swiss ring watch thing is a glaringly obvious hoax.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The camera looks totally possible for the era. SLR cameras more or less identical in form to what is still used today (though now, of course, they are much more advanced and even digital) were first produced starting in the 1930's, most notably by Exakta in Germany. Here's a link to a picture of a Kine Exakta design from 1938 with a fairly large lens. Probably not the same camera in the photo, but I think it shows that such cameras were being produced by that time.

The glasses, as well, look like they could just be simple sun glasses with some sort of leather side shields (not sure what those are called). They don't look at all strange to me for that era.

If anything about that guy looked weird to me, though, it's his overall appearance and what appears to be a black tee-shirt with some sort of silk screen logo that he's wearing. Now, I'm no expert of clothing of the time, but I'm not familiar with that sort of thing from back then.

EDIT: looking more at the photo, I zoomed in on the original photo from the source site and I now think it is not an early SLR, but merely a a more traditional folding camera with a box shaped accordion lens mounting. Something more like this Zeiss camera. Look at it carefully and you will see the front of the lens mount seems to be more square shaped and not round.

As for the tee-shirt, I think it's very likely he is wearing some sort of university sweat shirt or tee shirt of the era. The letter, which appears to be an "M," looks very much to me like a university logo. Just a possibility.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
his hands are the size of a couple of legs of lamb and only a couple of fingers

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The letter 'M' on the t-shirt is a classic 'Madness' design, a group from the UK who weren't formed until 1976!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by StevieC9

...or it's just the visable part of a zig-zag pattern...

This is so not a one-liner!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join