It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL: Strong evidence or major hoax???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
i see 2 re-occuring problems in this thread, the first is the "logo" on the shirt. i dont think that is a logo or a letter but a sweater with a charlie brown type design in the middle /\/\/\/\/\/\ most likely going all the way around, and his jacket is just open showing part of it.

the second problem somebody spoke on briefly in the first page and that is the confusion between most poeple's idea of time/event lines VS moving through space really fast.

think of it this way, if you had a portal that could send you from where your standing, to a place 1 light-year away, and it gets you there in...24 hours. when you come back (assuming you turn around and go right back through the portal). you will have aged 2 days, however 2 years will have gone by on earth.

this creates a "time debt" illusion.

I do not see it that way at all. We each have a "Zero Point Reference." As long as you return to your Zero Point you will be the same as you left, no matter how long you stayed away. Don't ask me for links or proof of this, I just know it. Probably from research on Project Rainbow.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xatharon

have any links for these?

There are many other more convincing events. Like the airplanes that nearly crashed into each other trading some paint that was found nearly 60 years later. Or the submarine that surfaced about three hundred years ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Fake. The guy behind him is the one holding the camera. I'm guessing this must be an ad or something. Nothing special.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
time travel is an exsitentialists wet dream.

It doesnt exist. It trivializes the whole purpose of life. This world is 6000 years. What comes after it is another world. Theres no going back and forth. We are not g-d.

You realize that this is complete nonsense, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia
ok take the glasses and the camera out of the equation...Doesn't that guy just seem REALLY out of place in that picture? I mean look at how he is dressed? His hair and facial hair? Look at the other men, suits, clean cut, hats.. etc.. He looks like a kid today on a college campus.. Right? I mean if some said hey just look at this picture and what looks WRONG... HE SO LOOKS WRONG for the time period... He's in a T-Shirt, printed, and a hoodie?

Look a people around you when you go out in public. Do you ever see those people that are way out of place that stand out. Are those people that are different looking than the public by means of dressing different or generally looking different, does that make them time travelers?

btw I just got back from 1920 and that guy said that he isn't a time traveler

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Reign02]

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Here is an example of Circa 1930's safety glasses.

The ring is very interesting. Can't wait to hear more about this.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If time travel is real, why aren't TPTB going back in time and killing the first person to ask "Why..."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Dear john124

I agree it requires a bit more that this preset evidence to nail it down. However that guy looks so out of place. The specks the camera the unshaven look.

However I have to say at this point that time travel is a proven fact.

I forget the name now but one of the orbiting astronauts has traveled a fraction of a second into the future already. Now I know it is only a fraction of a second but it proves the concept.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahrhyce

Many possible reasons.

1) The time travel is not in the hands of TPTB, but rather a plucky band of goofy heroes, including our friend Albert here, who was just looking for some White Russians.

2) TPTB are not as evil as you think they are; the question "why" is what they respect the most, but we need to reach a questioning stage without them forcing it onto us. Perhaps the questioning is even better if it is begun under durress.

3) TPTB could never have come into power without someone to ask "why?"

4) TPTB do not exist in the dark, shadowy sense that you think they do.

And many more. Personally, I'm hoping for 1, but betting on 4.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
ok maybe the glasses can be explained kinda but what about that camera? and that hair style isnt really from that time era so explain this to me.!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by killer4281
ok maybe the glasses can be explained kinda but what about that camera? and that hair style isnt really from that time era so explain this to me.!!!!!

I thought it might be obvious after two threads on the same guy.
Albert is a very clever photoshop job,a hoax, nothing more.
He looks 'somehow' out of place, because he is.

One of the better hoaxes too, just odd enough to attract notice, not so odd it screams fake. matching angles and lightsource, but his torso is superimposed over the fella behind him, who's arm you see holding the camera.

No time traveller, just somebody, perhaps 'Albert' himself, having a laugh at the expense of those willing to beleive its a time traveller.
With enough skill, I could 'shop' myself into an early period photo and you'd never suspect.

I suspect 'Albert' is infact a member here, its his own image. He must be in hysterics!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
So is Albert actually Albert or does he have a name?

Were Albert a member here surely he'd be fired from his position with that library in Canada.

And why do we have 2 threads going on about the same thing?

-m0r

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And why do we have 2 threads going on about the same thing?

-m0r

Because somebody hasn't given up the idea he's a time traveller Would be my guess

Isn't 'Albert' as good a name as any?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by Solasis

Look at the slogan of this website. "Deny Ignorance." Skeptics attempt to establish a minimum of factuality in these discussions.

If you read carefully my replies you will see that the arguments of the skeptics aren't that good to debunk this pictures.

Sorry for pointing out the irony in your reply but are we to assume that your replies to the skeptics, which in your opinion debunk the skeptics, come from the same logic and reasoning centers as your inital suggestions that the photos are proof of time travel?

Now your thread heading asks "Strong Evidence or Hoax?" yet your leanings within the thread suggest you are far from open to the hoax theory. So why ask the question in the first place?

IRM

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindWar
Those are some awesome pictures.

For the time traveler guy photo, look at the lady two down from his right. She is looking right at his camera with a kind of odd smile. Not only do I think the picture caught the time traveler, I think it caught someone checking out his odd camera. Everyone else seems really happy in that picture...oddly happy. Could it be that if he is from the distant future he has some type of mood altering device?

PMSL!!!!

That.. my friend.. is pure Comedy Gold!

IRM
:shk:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
another angle of the shot...and you can just make out his head as he is pretty tall and can make out his glasses. So deffo not photoshopped.

Time travelling bit though, really? just cos he stands out come on guys, we can use our heads for something else better than trying to prove that just cos someone doesn't fit in a crowd is a time traveller?

Just to add also, glasses like this we're around in 40's and 50's used in mills to protect the eyes.

Glasses

[edit on 25-3-2010 by cjdust]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hm well I skimmed through most of the arguments and replies on this thread but the most important thing I believe is not whether or nor the guy is from the future/the watch was from the future but that we should not attempt time travel (If or when it becomes possible)

We as people often blunder into many things before thinking about the consequences... Time travel should be a big no no for us because of this. In fact we as a whole (and I mean everyone) probably aren't wise enough to use time travel and thus we must prohibit ourselves from it. You know if you time travel no matter how little or how short you stay in another time you are always impacting, changing, altering it from what I consider the natural course of time. Therefore say that you try to use time travel to assassinate Hitler before he becomes powerful... What happens then? Most people would say. "Oh well we killed a bad person so everything will be alright..." That is Bull... that is short sightedness because no one knows what will happen for the better or for the worse. Thus I believe we just leave everything as is and not do time travel because of how we may stupidly blunder up everything...

just my rant...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjdust
another angle of the shot...and you can just make out his head as he is pretty tall and can make out his glasses. So deffo not photoshopped.

Time travelling bit though, really? just cos he stands out come on guys, we can use our heads for something else better than trying to prove that just cos someone doesn't fit in a crowd is a time traveller?

Just to add also, glasses like this we're around in 40's and 50's used in mills to protect the eyes.

Glasses

[edit on 25-3-2010 by cjdust]

Well its a mining town, But no matter, Thats excellent work. Its definately the same guy. Well done.
I revise my beleif. Its not photoshopped, just a bloke there to see the bridge opening.

OR.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d12e6d07cf1e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView

Time simply doesn't exist as part of nature. There is no plane or planes in existence being manufactured each moment to accommodate the continuum between one moment and the next. A record of history exists in the Akash, the near future exists as ideas not yet decided. Both are perceivable. Time as a 4th dimension is a science fiction and science idea to demonstrate the continuation of historic events. It is not a natural reality.

My understanding of time is it's the rate of information flow between the two sides of the universe. The universe in my understanding is divided equally between the probability side, and the actuality side - or fantasy/probability/imagination side, and reality/dimensional/physical side. Information flows between these two halves, the information flows through singular points that we call consciousness (not constrained to human beings, anything conscious works).

In this scenario - you cannot move either back or forward in time, because time is composed only of moments, one moment only exists - the others either have ceased to exist or have not yet occurred.

Einstein was a fraud used to take attention off of Tesla and real science so the Illuminati could continue to control it's advance. Where Einstein may have had some validity comes from other people who proceeded him and "ghost writers".

Time Travel is not to be confused with rapid movement through space.

Totally agree that Einstein was a fraud, relativity has kept physicists running in circles for ages. I don't feel it is valid, nor is the atomic model - the vacuum most definitely is NOT EMPTY.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
as a reaction to the very first post, as an optician i must debunk the sunglasses.
here's an example of what he's probably wearing:

as for the rest of the guy.. i must admit he's too strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join