It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL: Strong evidence or major hoax???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I wasn't talking to you. If you'll look at my reply, it was addressed to someone else. You've made well reasoned posts. I disagree with the force of the evidence on the time traveler photo, but you have legitimately advanced your claims. The person I was replying to was getting ticked because someone would dare to suggest that something wasn't true.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The problem with the OP's suggestion is that the above photos really fail the Occam's Razor test. Sure, on the surface his glasses don't look very typical of the period, and his hairstyle is a bit funky. But to take the incredibly MASSIVE step of proving time travel, we would need to rule out all the other much more plausible explanations.

Still, such hypothesizing does make for interesting forum discussion

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nice thread. Def a good read, but I wouldn't say this is enough evidence to convince people there are time travellers out there.
I noticed how the watch they found in the tomb was marked at 10:10. I learned that in most watch ads they purposely set the time to 10:10 because it draws our eyes to the brand name. Any chance that Swatch paid people to put it in there to raise sales?
Also, the picture is very interesting. The guy def looks out of place. If the pic was photoshopped someone did a good job. the lighting and shadows make the picture look legit though.
You do put up good points on the camera and glasses.
Didn't you say that only information can be sent back in time though? so what exactly does that mean? If matter can't be sent back, that rules out time traveling people (or aliens), but what exactly would the information be and how can we tell if we've even received information from the future?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'd say this has the potential to be strong evidence, but I hardly believe it could be considered a "Major Hoax" if proven wrong.

However, one thing should be obvious. If time travel has the potential to EVER be possible (at any point in the future), then it's possible it is real now. The only question is why would they come here at all?

Actually, I can't think of much that 'isn't' possible [if we put out minds to it] - 'cept maybe for coincidence, for as we all know...if it wasn't for coincidence (true or not), nothing would ever get solved.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I posted this picture of sunglasses from a 1940's movie named "double indemnity". The lady has very similar sunglasses on as the guy in the picture.

As for the ring watch...I don't know about that one...that seems interesting. Does the watch open up? Have they opened it up?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrinsic

Originally posted by ReelView
Time simply doesn't exist as part of nature.

And whatever you say is true bcuz u said so, oh and plus u used word salad like a typical narcissist. Yeah: time is just an illusion, that is why you and everyone else lives their lives timing when they will do things or do you just try and do everything at the same time lol?

Reelview is correct you know. Everything happened at once.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
OK, you can at least drop the watch as "proof" as it is inconclusive at worst.

• The Swiss watch and clock industry appeared in Geneva in the middle of the 16th century. In 1541AD, reforms implemented by Jean Calvin and banning the wear of jewels, forced the goldsmiths and other jewellers to turn into a new, independent craft: watch-making. The commercial manufacture of Swiss watches could have been pre-dated by individual craftsmen creating time-pieces. By the 16th Century, China had maritime trade with the Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese and Dutch. It is feasible therefore that the inhabitant of the coffin (dated around 1600AD) may have been a wealthy traveller, or could have purchased the item from a travelling merchant – Smaller communities and townships too poor or scattered to support shops and artisans obtained their goods from periodic market fairs and travelling peddlers. The watch could have been a prized possession – European Jesuits who visited China in the 16th century reported that European timekeeping was far more advanced than that encountered in China. The Chinese people marked time with water, incense and sand clocks. An in depth examination of the watch could reveal more information. • The ring watch could have been manufactured at a later date, dropped by a visitor to or near to the tomb at any time, it could have been dropped in the dirt and solidified, the clump could have been kicked or knocked into the tomb area by anyone around the dig. Without knowing the circumstances and conditions of the dig, it is impossible to rule out.

Plenty of good explanations for every single picture in the OP.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Excellent Stuff, dont know how you found that pic, Thats what I think the glasses are, ad that they only look like sunglasses because behind the lenses is in shadow.

Think twice. The "shadow" behind the lens you are referring to, is darker than the shadow cast that is extending from the ear to the chin and makes a perfect 45° angle with the lens frame. IMO it's not a shadow, but part of the frame.

Looks more like these than the sunglasses you suggested which do not match at all. The watch has a number of plausible explanations, it is really just hearsay at the most. The glasses just do not look anything like the ones you posted. The picture of the man in the sweater has already been debunked in the thread about that picture. Why start again here? Can you find glasses that match a little?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I saw this photo on another thread, so I figured I would add to the photos of watches on or around 10:10 am. This one is of David De Rothschild, the head of the Rothschild Banking Family. (Photo brought to us by ATS member Emerald The Paradigm)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/80269b26c8ecc110.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the thread I obtained this from:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Good post, and yes I knew as soon as I saw it the sceptics and disinfo agents would come out of the woodwork to try and debunk it, this is always the case when secret technology is exposed, and I think we all know only too well the agencies that frequent this forum.

Time travel is an obsession of mine, to the best of my knowledge my own Father, a Naval Engineer, was stationed at Camp Hero during the late 50s to early 60s, right when the experiments on time travel were going full steam. I never knew my real Father, and have to rely on what his family told me about him, and about the projects he worked on. I have researched Project Rainbow to death, and have only one real conclusion....it really happened, and time travel is a psychical reality. I will continue to dig into this until my dying day, and no amount of scepticism will stop me, or even slow me down. I have learned a few things about the secret government too, and one thing is the lengths they will go to to protect their agendas.
Even murder if necessary.

Time travel could be a good thing, we could solve a great deal of Earth's problems by using this technology. The trouble is, the people who are running these projects no doubt have a very sinister agenda.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

"Oh my god people are doubting this story, CONSPIRACY."

How about, we skeptics just find it hard to believe, and can point to these other explanations for the same thing; and if it is true, we'd like better evidence.

I'm getting really damn tired of all the skeptic bashing around here.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I thought this had all been dissproved on another thread!! The pic is just a pic of someone youngish amongst slightly older people and the watch thingy was an advert or something.
The hair style dosen't look out of place and the glasses were shown to be avaliable at the time the photo was taken.

To people shouting disinfo agents please get an opinion and post that, and stop labeling people and name calling when you don't agree!!!!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Well, yeah, that particular picture has been debunked. but there's a lot more to this guy's post. It does weaken the credibility of the rest, but it doesn't directly damage the arguments.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Those are some awesome pictures.

For the time traveler guy photo, look at the lady two down from his right. She is looking right at his camera with a kind of odd smile. Not only do I think the picture caught the time traveler, I think it caught someone checking out his odd camera. Everyone else seems really happy in that picture...oddly happy. Could it be that if he is from the distant future he has some type of mood altering device? This would be useful for a time traveler, make everyone really happy and they will probably be less likely to notice anything odd about you. In fact, maybe his "camera" is not a camera at all, you would think he would be taking a picture of whatever everyone is looking at, but he is not.

The watch thing is crazy too, this is the exact thing I would do if I was a time traveler, drop something small but definately out of place to let others know something is going on. I'm sure if they are time travelers that they have strict protocols, so dropping a ring watch may not be noticeable to those enforcing those protocols.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by krunchy

The problem with the OP's suggestion is that the above photos really fail the Occam's Razor test. Sure, on the surface his glasses don't look very typical of the period, and his hairstyle is a bit funky. But to take the incredibly MASSIVE step of proving time travel, we would need to rule out all the other much more plausible explanations.

The Ocaam's razor itself isn't that conclusive, once it attributes something can't be proven real, doesn't exist. We are talking about an US military secret project, involving time travel. I don't think we should expect someone inside the Pentagon, would leak a picture of a guy from Project Pegasus, handing a Nokia N96 and wearing a digital Casio G-Shock, while photographing the signature of USA independence declaration...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Fascanating stuff
but its not John Titor.

Flag all the same.
Good read.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's one of the things that sucks about the invention of programs like Photoshop, even if you have photographic evidence, it's hard to have any proof.

I think this is another of those "either you believe and no proof is necessary or you don't believe and no proof will change your mind"

I would be interested to see some more photo examples of other possible incidents.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MindWar

For the time traveler guy photo, look at the lady two down from his right. She is looking right at his camera with a kind of odd smile.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68d1d6f21a1b.jpeg[/atsimg]

Nice call, I had noticed she was the only one looking in opposite direction to the event itself, but ain't so sure she was staring at HIM or the guy that took the pictures of the crowd... However, she really sorta looks like "Duh"

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesillygirl
I think this is another of those "either you believe and no proof is necessary or you don't believe and no proof will change your mind"

No. It's really not. I would love to think this is true. And I would love for some properly believable evidence. If it's true, some positive proof will show up sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thesillygirl

That's one of the things that sucks about the invention of programs like Photoshop, even if you have photographic evidence, it's hard to have any proof.

The Virtual Museum seems to be quite serious... However, assuming this pic is a photoshop job, WOW, it's a hell of one, sorta pro style. The light and cast shadows in that guy are just perfect and he's perfectly merged with the ambient....

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ucalien]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join