It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME TRAVEL: Strong evidence or major hoax???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
as well as the glasses and camera, did you guys notice he had what looks like a cotton collarless shirt on with a logo printed on it under his jacket?

Shirts with printed logos on them like that I would have though haven't been around very long, let alone in the 50s

Something about them image says 'possible photoshop' to me though

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjhahaha
as well as the glasses and camera, did you guys notice he had what looks like a cotton collarless shirt on with a logo printed on it under his jacket?

Did you notice this post here?

Shirts with printed logos on them like that I would have though haven't been around very long, let alone in the 50s

The one in my picture is clearly from 1942.

Something about them image says 'possible photoshop' to me though

Something about this thread says people are more interested in just believing conspiracies no matter which way they have to turn to accept it

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[edit on 3-4-2010 by Derised Emanresu]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Time travel is possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mark B.
Northeast Pennsylvania
04-27-2010

I offer all of you a open invite for time travelers most of all John Titor

Today I invite all of you you

to come to my house for a visit.

41degress 15'51.67 north
74degress 53'45.17" West
Elevation 1040"
In 1950
It is currently 6/23/2010
these are the coordinates. Visit
anytime

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mark B.
Northeast Pennsylvania
04-27-2010

I offer all of you a open

invitation. Today I invite you

41degress 15'51.67 north
74degress 53'45.17" West
Elevation 1040"
In 1950
06/23/2010
anytime

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I've listened to Andrew Basiago 3 times now and he is the real deal. He was on coast to coast radio on the 11th of november 2009 AND 2010. amazing stuff.
He has an incredible way of telling his story in a riveting fashion.
He will be speaking on the 20th of november 2010 in port townsend wa
I'm going and you should too.
www.truthevent.com for tickets.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Time travel is definitely possible and here's a time travel engineer who just started a blog. I believe it.
timetravelengineercomingout.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've been virtually obsessed with the subject of time travel for as long as I can remember. To me, if it existed, it would be one of the very very few, "meaningful" aspects of life or existence. Everything else is so subject to being finite, dying etc. Blimey, Einstein was a fraud ! My God, I've always felt that despite his incredible intelligence, he was a wonderful, decent and simple man (after all E= MC squared hasn't really been superseded or even equalled has it ?)
I agree with the critics of the sceptics, they always come up with ridiculous shots in the dark nonsense to try and put it down. As someone else said back there, stick with the photoshop if you don't want to consider time travel a possibility. Us time travel friendly types are not just super gullible pillocks that are mad to believe in anything regardless. We question things too.....well, I know I do.

As many people know, one very simple way to move forward in time at a different rate is to travel really REALLY fast through space. It turns out that the faster you go, the slower time seems to move for you with respect to everyone else. This concept is known as "time dilation." excerpt from (news.discovery.com...) This is what Einstein dictated and has since been proven with synchronised clocks on aeroplanes etc. Conceivably then, we could construct a space moving vehicle that can travel at, let's say at least 25,000 mph for a few years, and I think that would dilate time enough to make a significant difference. I would then thoroughly suggest that if any one of us, sceptics and enthusiasts alike actually used this technique, and "landed" a few years in what we would then call our future, the first thought would be, "can I get back".....? In my opinion, even the most dedicated sceptic would find him / her self thinking, "my God, everything around me has aged a lot more than me, so and so has died, I'm only aged 30 but my twin sister is 40 etc etc.....Our would be traveller I reckon really would ask him / her self, "is the "past" actually still back there" ? If we take this game of mine a little bit further, let's build a vehicle that can really kick ass, and move at let's say, 0.95 of the speed of light, travel for a few hours, and "land" a century or more in their "future"....Then we would all but shout out, "EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING HAS GONE, AND I HAVE ONLY JUST LEFT" ! Apologies for the dramatics, BUT...this stuff is or would be REAL.....If I may, necessity being the mother of all invention, boy would man try to reverse the process.....He's never stop looking for ways to do it. All of this of course still doesn't mean that it can be done, but If I may, there really are a lot of totally respectable scientists seriously having a go aren't there ? Well, obviously I'm going to say that my gut feeling is that it can be done, and probably is being done either by government secret stuff or what we call aliens from somewhere else, after all, what is a flying saucer that so many people have seen shooting off at unbelievable speeds ? (and that's within our atmosphere !)

Oh well, thanks to you all for giving me this opportunity to rant for a bit.....PS, is it just me or does anyone else notice that even just by talking about time travel that sometimes really odd things start to happen ?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I believe that time travel is possible and has already been done.

My proof lies in the A-E-I-O-U or vowel component of the English language and strangely enough in just about every other language but Chinese. Question one, is it Gia or Gea or Gai? Seem strange that they are kind of all the same? Consider the following examples:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Th qck brwn fx jmps vr th lzy dg

Notice that we don't need the vowel (a,e,i,o,u) sounds to communicate? Try again if you didn't grasp it first go.
Now consider the following:

English: A-E-I-O-U
Japanese: A-I-U-E-O
Spanish: A-E-O-I-U
Aztec: I-E-A-O and the consanant cu (qu) which sounds suspiciously like a U to me

The above is true for every language I have looked up except for Chinese. Spend some time on youtube hearing how the 5 vowels are pronounced in a few languages and you will find it's all mixed up. Now start youtubing the consanants and you will find they're all pretty much the same. What is the conclusion here? Most languages spoken in the last few thousand years are all the same, just with 5 vowels which we don't need thrown in to keep us off the scent. Please spend some time verifying my claim as this is very important information.

Once you accept that all languages are the same you need to ask 'how can this be'. My only theory is that someone has come back from the future and orchestrated it. I do not understand how else this can be. I invite your feedback if you have any other suggestions. This is the most succint proof I believe ever available that time travel is possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Dear nmyfthst

Excellent !

I thought you were mad until I read the last bit.....I really do think you do have a good point. I have thought exactly the same thing about the religions of the world !

My email address is [email protected] feel free to talk directly.....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector18328
Mark B.
Northeast Pennsylvania
04-27-2010

I offer all of you a open invite for time travelers most of all John Titor

Today I invite all of you you

41degress 15'51.67 north
74degress 53'45.17" West
Elevation 1040"
In 1950
It is currently 6/23/2010
anytime
inot her theree
edit on 17-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by IDONTBELIEVEMYSELF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You are kidding me. Forget the camera and glasses. Yes they do stand out but look at his clothes. Specific the stile. That wasnt out in 1940 was it? According to me that started in the 1990s. Or am l wrong? Plz correct me if l am.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Check this out, it took 30 seconds to find it. The sunglasses look very similar. These were from the 80's

www.80spurple.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think, it has already been found, that the type of clothes, shades and camera were around during the 1940s.

However, men did not used to just not shave like that. A 5 o'clock shadow was a HUGE nono, it just wasnt done. Except, if you were on the way home from working in the mines or something. And he, well, he doesnt look like he just finished work to me. Not unless he's been working at Tesco's or something.

He sure does look out of place...and this photo is real. genuine.....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GalacticAtlantis
You are kidding me. Forget the camera and glasses. Yes they do stand out but look at his clothes. Specific the stile. That wasnt out in 1940 was it? According to me that started in the 1990s. Or am l wrong? Plz correct me if l am.

Do you think that the only way that this man could have ended up dressed like this is if he travelled in time from the 1990s? Or that this is the most reasonable explanation.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sorry for reviving a 'somewhat' old post...

But I really thought it was important, to show how just because something isnt common knowledge doesnt mean it doesn't exist or is "future technology"....

I am talking about the 'mood altering device' that many people on this thread seemed to think was hillarous to even suggest.

It's not future tech - its present tech... my source?...

The book called - "More Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genuis" by Bob Iannini - Page 223

Its called a Mind-Synchronizing Generator.

Has all the electrical Theory plus the electronic schematics to build it.

I will have to be careful with quotes from the book because of obv copyright reasons - but im sure these bits will give the idea without breaking too many copyright things....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The unit (self contained) can be used for a group"

"It may also be used using special assembled light glasses" - "These are shown made from an existing pair of sunglasses"

"it provides a sense of relaxation and well being"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------< br />
My point is not that the person in the photo was using one - but more the fact that - even tho everyone seemed to think - mood altering machine??? - thats future tech and impossable atm - yet it isnt - its just most dont know of it - how many other things might we not know?

Plus even though i knew of this machine before this thread - i had only just noticed the connection between the "sunglasses" in the photo - and the descripton of - altered sunglasses for the machine.

Maybe he was using the sunglasses to calibrate it for the crowd. (total specualtion i know) - but even i was shocked when it mentioned "altered sunglasses in the book" after this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts? - please reply - this has got to be worth bringing this up again - especially with the fact this is a legitimate (and verifiable) source. - regardless of whether the photo is real or not - the mind altering machine does exist - and NO-ONE on here thought it did.

Thank you for reading this far if you did - you now know it was worth it - so sorry it was so long winded.

Timez

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sadly, I didn't find any credible discussion here other than a few folks who had interesting points. Most people are downright set on saying "xyz is fake or does not exist" [not sure what why they think they are the experts on everything under the sun without having an iota of proof to say either way].
Coming back to the Time Traveller photo, few things I do want to say:
-It's not a FAKE photo. No, it's not photoshopped (give me a break lol).
-the photo is very much real and honestly I can't figure out how did this time travel rumour started. Remember you can find 100 things in anything if you keep staring at it. Most of it is auto-suggestion or self-convincing.

I can't remember whether it was on ATS or paranormalis.com but there was a great thread on this time-traveller photo alone where everything was explained to the last atom including his glasses, sweat-shirt, camera, etc.

Lastly, the photo is authentic and does lie in a national museum (country?) from what I read.
Keep the time-travel threads coming. ATS needs more

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I really want a group of us to come together in our spare time and put effort into building a real time machine - come on you know deep down if we all tried we could prob make one!

Timez

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
to travel in time is to find this very moment/now and stay here

projection into future is anxiety and depression
projection into past is psychosis

all the answers are found in silence

clocks are a man made measuring device that only a shadow of natures biological clocks what dont hang on a wall of plaster

no theory - no clocks = no time

no man = no clocks
u have been a victom of trickgnology of abstract and mechanicle thought programs

edit on 24-10-2011 by alexagendajones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join