It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fun little story about trees.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Earlier tonight, I decided to go to a very nice park in the downtown area to do some nature meditation. So, I arrived downtown, walked around the park for a bit, enjoying the beautiful scenery, with a starlit sky up above. It was very relaxing. I watched ducks in a pond for a while.

I then decided to find me a nice spot to meditate. Someone once told me a very good tip, and that is if meditating, try be as close to the earth as possible, instead of indoors. I usually meditate indoors, so this was an exciting experience for me, getting to choose a place to mediate in the great outdoors. I finally found the perfect spot. I saw 5 trees that were spaced apart equally, and if one connected the dots, the trees made the formation of a circle. Well almost. A 6th tree would have completed the circle, so I decided that is where I would root myself with the earth.

So there I was, I became the 6th tree for these 5 trees all in a circle. Wow, let me tell you, meditating outside in the fresh air and with the beautiful trees and surroundings, I got really deep. I'd say I did that for about 45 minutes, then I opened my eyes.

I was now in a very good mindset. It was late, so I decided to head back uptown. On my walk back, I noticed I was noticing different things than what I usually notice on my walks. What I was noticing, was all the trees! I never really payed attention to them, but now on my walk back, they were all greeting me! So, I did the nice thing back and said, "Hi tree!" to every tree I passed. I felt their presence, and they really seemed to take a liking to me, so my 30 minute walk back uptown was extremely rewarding and positive, and full of new friends!

I just thought I'd share my fun little story I had with trees. It brightened my night.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
not to sound all avatar, but trees do have spirits. you should try some bonsai. to me bonsai is just as rewarding as having a pet. only it doesn't bark and poo in the house.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
More importantly than noticing the trees on my way back, was seeing how beautiful and majestic they were. I had my mouth open in awe at some of the towering trees. I also said hi to the grass and plants and flowers as I walked by. The best part has got to be that spring is coming, and some of the trees were starting to bloom! Gorgeous stuff, from all of our flora friends.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Being surrounded by nature is good for the soul . Everyone should go out at least once a week and find a Zen Zone .

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
you should try some bonsai.

yeah, I have always thought bonsai was one of the coolest plants ever, and the most intricate. It would be so cool to grow one from a baby into a beautiful piece of art!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Zen Zone.

I really like that term you stated, because it is totally true. Different areas have different "vibes," some distracting, and others, calming.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

sorry but a bonsai cannot be present since its roots are obviously not free

spirit is always due to the awareness of its freedom roots that are not nothing but something touched by objective freedom too

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
trees do to have a bark but not to worry
its harmless and they dont have a bite to go with there bark.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Great share, thanks!
I too talk to trees. Sometimes they talk back.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Originally posted by tracer7
you should try some bonsai.

yeah, I have always thought bonsai was one of the coolest plants ever, and the most intricate. It would be so cool to grow one from a baby into a beautiful piece of art!

bonsai is not a type of plant, you can bonsai almost any tree.

sorry but a bonsai cannot be present since its roots are obviously not free spirit is always due to the awareness of its freedom roots that are not nothing but something touched by objective freedom too

I disagree with that statement. each bonsai is absolutely unique as any tree rooted in the ground in sight and in spirit. bonsai is living art. it changes with the growth of the plant and the person. a true bonsai artist does not change the tree for art, but rather brings out the spirit from the tree. just as one needs to contain the wildness from ones mind, the tree must be contained.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

this is your perspective from your ambition to be called an artist or creator but it is surely not of the bonsai perspective enchained to a look suiting your eyes and killed of its possible relation with itself essence in roots

it doesnt matter what you value when absolute is the value conception as it is the free sense of anything

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

and the image you are meaning to serve is actually of the reverse in reality truth, the wildness is willed and not seek to be contained at all, for the spirit to be all alone facing the worse and prooving itself a point to what is at the highest positive above being under it

go read your reference better

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your experience! That sounded wonderful. Is it weird to meditate in a public setting?

I hope that didn't sound sarcastic. I really want to know of any tip, because I've been wanting to do this for a while, but would likely be super paranoid about people passing by and thinking I'm crazy, or robbing me, etc. and with that sort of worry, I'd be meditating with 1 eye open.

I remember reading a non-fiction book about 15 years ago that included an account of someone measuring some kind of field (electromagnetic or something, I was only 15 when I read this so wasn't familiar with the term) around plants in a room. The field around the plants would change when another plant within the room is killed, suggesting that plants do have spirits and know what's going on.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything about this in an official study.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

agree to disagree

you sound like a "do what thou wilt" kinda person. by your argument an animal in your home does not have a soul, as it is not absolutely free. a plant growing on a concrete block has no soul, as it is also not absolutely free. there can be no life without spirit.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i have a similar story. After picking up a few books on animal spirits, i decided to start meditating more.

One day after playing soccer by myself, i stretched a bit and decided to sit down about 20 feet from a forest on a soccer field. I sat there deep in thought for 20 minutes and when i opened my eyes i saw an amazing site!

About 30 feet from me there were 2 deer quietly eating the grass on the field. I was amazed by this and i still think about this. By meditating i became one with nature and the animals did not sense danger from me. Heck they could have walked right past me and i wouldn't have noticed (unless they smelled!)

Meditation is one of the greatest things anyone can do, and so is Yoga.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

you actually dont know the value of a soul, it is its roots awareness existing for a free life will

what matter is always the truth as the end of existence source, the certainty free objective reality end of certain free positive present conscious move

so the value of the soul is not its expressions since it is dead of course and never present, but the value of the soul is its base drives that can be a support to the present aware freedom about objective life of now

that is why soul can live many lives while having the same value which is simply the geniun free awareness motivations for life reality, that geniun set is logically never attacked by conditions powers and creations forces, from what it is related to absolute existence truth, when the conditions are meant for truth life
except of course for such unlucky fates as bonsai attacked on its roots and some humans or others inventing about them stories to justify the abuse wills on their roots freedom rights relation to

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Beautiful post!

It's about time some of us started to really "feel" and appreciate nature NOW as intended; everyone is looking for ways to be eco-friendly but who actually stops and tries to be a part of it?

S&F!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

it is not right to believe that you dont have free will because you are not absolutely free or for what objective reality is determined

freedom is a fact of truth so any awareness is absolutely free itself conception without a move and any moving awareness is absolutely alive itself out of whatever it does

even those complete fake selves adjusted to life gains conditions, if you look closely you can see how they are for lies at conception

that is why there is suffer when a condition is for all in creations the same as there are suffer when condition is not one same for all also

which proove how conditions are always wrong and the only ones conditions right is the condition of truth because truth is freedom source end reality so what is set as condition from freedom cant be but absolutely true right present

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Ahh, yes.

But you are only as free as the bonds that restrain you; your only indication of how "free" you are is determined by that which you measure.

Freedom for a released prisoner might be the abillity to walk down the street, no cops, no bars, no schedule.

Freedom for a transsexual might be the abillity to walk down the street in whatever they choose and not be harassed or stared at.

Freedom for me is accepting that I am always going to be bound by something and choosing to not let the notion of being free bother me.

Freedom is very different things for different people. You just have to accept that. If their idea of freedom bothers you, maybe you aren't as free as you think you are.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by SerialLurker]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

the only fact that bother me is when others claim bringing out the spirit of else and reject totally the reality of freedom being existence source certainty, it is the drive that is certain as the nondrive but a positive still conscious

freedom is not what you say for yourself freedom is what i cant say for you ever, because it is true we are only us alone that point free itself one exclusively

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join