It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crime of Empire. Rogue Superpower and World Domination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The Crime of Empire. Rogue Superpower and World Domination

www.informationclearinghouse.info

No ruling elite proclaim the ´rule of law`more loudly, and no society produces more lawyers, prosecutors, judges, legal theorists – and prisons” than American society. But this goes no further than domestic society. At the international level, the U. S. „routinely favors power over legality, often dismissing legality as nuisance in the face of pressing global realities”. The U. S. power elites „believe” in „national exceptionalism”, they view the country as a „benevolent” or „benign” hegemon working for „democracy, human rights, and peace”. The elite – politician
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
A very interesting article which eloquently describes the thoughts of many.

Of course, throughout history, this has happened regularly, but surely now, living as we do in "the global village" the methodology used has never been more apparent.

A few years ago, under the pretext of terrorist attacks aimed at the US (allegedly) Bush spoke of an "axis of evil" and famously used the terms "saddam Hussein" and "weapons of mass destruction" hundreds of times in order to influence public opinion.

In reality, Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, but for the sake of expediency he was lumped together with "al qaeda" that famous CIA invention used to convict OBL of terrorist charges in his absence.

This has since provided a convenient cover for all sorts of political, economic and military imperialism, by the US and its allies.

I often ponder why people don't understand just WHY the other great nations of the world are very nervous of the west, when the smoking gun of imperialism, control of resources and territory is right before their eyes.

It's akin to an aggressive neighbour who goes out into his backyard at night and takes potshots at other neighbours houses who complain about the noise he makes.

It's not about democracy, it never was - it's about the manipulation of an ideal to serve those who want to further enrich themselves at the expense of their own citizens and other countries.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

All major powers do this. The Soviet Union, the PRC, the Third Reich, the Japanese Empire, The British Empire, The French Empire, and so on all the way back to ancient Egypt.

Its human nature.

The mistake here is thinking that this is somehow different. That Europe won't do this. Once the post WW2 generation is dead, Europe and Japan will emerge from their dormancy. Human nature will once again take the lead. Humans are naturaly imperialist. A generation may become "enlightened" in the wake of a conflict, but the descendants will quickly embrace their instincts and ignore the mistakes of the past.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah.
I know.
I know.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

i disagree, i believe the history of politics is totally at odds with your point of view.

human nature is to live as peacefully as possible to safe guard the safety, health and wellbeing of you, your family and your wider community.

to expand imperialist nations, leaders need to strip away empathy for the people they wish to subjugate and convince the populace that an outside force threatens them, either directly from the country that is to be subjugated or another who will use the nation as a basis for attack.

simply put, to convince someone to risk their lives in a battle, you need to convince them that the enemy is thirsty for the blood of their families.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Humans are far from peaceful. From the very first city states in the river valleys of the Nile, Tigris, Euphrates and Indus, humans have slaughtered each other for resources.

There hasn't been anytime in human history where humanity acted peaceful. Somewhere at any given time, someone is killing, raping, and beating other humans. Somewhere at any given moment a group of people are oppressing other humans. It has been like this since humanity appeared on this planet.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

that rational only stands up in very broad strokes, almost everyone involved in all those wars thought they were protecting their peace.

how many people do you know who are inclined to go out raping and pillaging for kicks and giggles? i mean, i know there are a ton of people in positions of power who are happy to send other people out to rape and pillage, but how many do you know that are willing to do it themselves? very few, unless they have been convinced that they or their families have been threatened.

human nature is not violent, a small proportion of humans are fairly easy to incite to violence and everyone else will resort to violence to protect themselves, i think there's a difference.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I'm going to give some examples, I want to know if you think they were for peace.

Chaldean conquest of the Middle East.
Persian conquest of the Middle East.
Alexander's conquest of the Mid and Near East.
Caesar's conquest of Gaul.
Attila the Hun's invasion of Europe.
The Islamic conquest of Anatolia, Cyprus, Sicily and Spain.
The Viking invasions.
The Crusades.
The Mongol Conquests.
The conquest of the New World, especially the annihilation of the Aztec and Incan empires.
The Napoleonic conquests.
Hitler's conquests.

Were these all for peace?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

We can all hope humanity has learned something as we have become more advanced but I am inclined to agree with you unfortunately..

While a "Developed World" life is expensive and an apparent rarity.. Our views of those in developing nations as victims for our more viscous tendencies seem to become more blase.

I'd love to say that at the moment Imperial wars are few and far between in relation to past times and aren't costing massive amounts of lives but a million Iraqi's have died since the US/UK invasion.. And that in itself is an absolute shameful figure.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the argument weather man is inherently evil or not is a long fought one for which there is no clear answer.

The United States of America is a modern empire. It is like all empires before it, except its power is not in its colonies and protectorates. It has a financial and cultural power because its inherent quality is to strive ruthelessly for these things.

but like all greedy empires, it will overreach and come to an abrupt end.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

most of the individual soldiers were fighting for peace or because they had been convinced that the wellbeing of their families/communities depended on their fighting.

besides, at no time in human history have the majority of people been fighting, human nature isn't determined by the minority.

new topics

top topics

join