It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you people when Bush was in office?... uhmmm... they were there, Remember???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

(You get the point... there is an endless supply of these photos on the internet)

I mean... who are these people? Just Democrats? Unpatriotic Americans? Obama Supporters?

I seem to remember a large amount of Americans unhappy with their president since the year 2006. We had a brief moment of happiness knowing that Bush was leaving... but as soon as Obama sent 20,000 more troops to Afghanistan we all should of known that we were dealing with something far more dangerous than Bush... (as if the mass amounts of spending didn't send up a red flag).

There is also this crazy philosophy in the media that since Bush had a few bailouts and stimulus packages ... that somehow it justifies Obama, and therefore he has the right to do it too.

Basically we are dealing with Bush on steroids. And as soon as people realize that the media, and only the media... is portraying this as a Republican vs Democrat issue, the better.

The media wants to make these "teabaggers" look like Red Neck Racist Republican KKK members and while an this argument might hold a very, very, very, very, small element of truth... it's basically the same thing as suggesting that guy that shot two officers at the Pentagon represents the entire Truth Movement.

Look if you support the Democratic Party... that's fine
If you support the Republican Party... that's fine too.

But let's just remember one thing... There have been mass amounts of protests for both Presidents, but I guess for the people that woke up a little late: They've now been categorized as part of some "teabag" republican movement.

Don't let the media fool you.

Don't think that because some idiot called a black politician the N-word that he speaks for all of us.

As always... I like to include a video in my threads

I just want to remind people of what CNN doesn't show you. (you can start at 1:50)... I'm sure most of you ATSers have seen this before.

Bottom Line

If the AMERICAN PEOPLE don't realize that this is no longer a Democrat/Republican issue, but rather a Government issue.... we are doomed. Yet everyday I see the media playing the two party game, and everyday I see ATSers play it too.

And while I'm happy America elected a black president... Obama's blackness sure has blinded a large percentage of people in this country.

That is my political madness for the night

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread.

I have been wondering the same thing lately.

I hear so much talk of the constitution lately from Republicans. Where were they 5 years ago during the tyranical 'Military Commissions Act/Patriot Act etc.?

It upsets me...

So many ignorant racist righties realalizing the government is evil. I just wish they'd realize they are all evil, right and left.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Man, are you serious? Bush was one of the most ignorant blatant liar presidents with one of the most corrupt administrations ever(next to president Grant). Just listening to the man give speeches saying things like "mis-underestimated"made me cringe. While I'm not a big fan of Obama, I thank god this obvious puppet is gone. the fact that he was re-elected after flat out lying to the public opened my eyes to the fact that they use fear tactics to sway public opinion. Like Chris rock said...G.W. frakked up this country so bad he made it to where a rich old white man could'nt get elected over a black man.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I, too, grow tired of partisan hat-tricks.

It's nothing more than the proverbial two sides of the coin, to distill the effects of people who do not like the current administrations policy making.

Bush in his second term destroyed the Social Security system, and told everyone he was doing so. Then, everyone jumped the bandwagon, and began a spindle effect of removing personal options.

Now, faced with gov't mandated, ordained health options, you will play ball. Although, personally, I see the 2 lanes of the two-way street, were the 'loose thread' analogy of defection will apply; aptly and nicely.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by passingthought]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Where were we ? We were searching for the truth and finally ended up here.Don'tbe mad at people that have been lied too and don't know the truth. Paitence young Jedi, were getting there and it is picking up steam everyday.

But let's just remember one thing... There have been mass amounts of protests for both Presidents, but I guess for the people that woke up a little late: They've now been categorized as part of some "teabag" republican movement.

I concure .

Im in the process of trying to wake some of my friends up and it is not an easy task. There are some serious brainwashed people that are totally dependent on TV.

Even Patriot radio is missing the mark on 9/11 but at least they are letting us working folks know what is going on in washington.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was probably one of the in your pictures when Bush held his regime.

What is the conspiracy or debate to be had here? That because people protested Bush more we are hypocrites? Expound please.

And I wonder why the mods are letting the term teabag stand in these posts. That is a term for a sexual act, and I thought it fell under the t and c violations. Is that a term we are now using to denote Obama protesters?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Nice post and I totally agree that as long as the media keeps playing the left vs right agenda then things will always stay the same.

I think the context of your post was lost on almost everyone who has replied so far. All you have to do is mention Bush and you will get a bunch of people screaming for blood.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I just can't imagine that someones world is so small, that all their political beliefs align with either democrats, republicans, teabaggers or whatever.

When will people realize that none of them care about you, me, or any human being on the face of the planet.

The day one of these party aligned politicians "changes" anything saying it's for the good of the American people, we are all completely screwed.
I can't believe people are still fighting over Bush and Obama. They both want you dead!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A small but slowly increasing numbert of people are waking up to the fact that the whole political system in this country has run amok. The biggest disservice we do to ourselves and the country is to play their Dem-versus-Rep game. But far too few have caught on. Which surprises me.

I hear people screaming about HCR and how it was all done behind closed doors. What about the Patriot Acts and all the accompanying legislation? There wasn't any open debate on that stuff either. The hypocrisy and lying in American politics these days has reached a point of incredulity.

I urge people to take just a small amount of time to study pre-Revolution France. The situation is very similar. We have the elites (big banks, wall street, military industrial complex, insurance companies, big pharma, etc.) working hand-in-hand with the ruling class for their mutual benefit at the expense of the citizenry. Then as now it became so pervasive and so egregious that the elite steadily lost touch with the masses.

Most everyone is familiar with Marie Antoinette's famous quote, "Let them eat cake." Most people interpret this to be meant as an arrogant 'flipping-off' of the masses but that isn't, in fact, the case. In reality, there was a serious food shortage and economic crisis sweeping the French population. The people were becoming increasingly angry and desperate and this seriously worried the Crown. Marie wanted to know why and her attendants told her that the 'people had no bread'. Marie, being completely out-of-touch with the reality outside the Court said, 'If they have no bread, let them eat cake.' She simply couldn't fathom that the people were without food in general. It wasn't some temporary bread shortage.

This is where we are today. Our present-day elite have lost touch and don't care. If any of you really think that the Republicans care one bit more for 'the people' than the Democrats then you are seriously and sadly deluded. Neither give a rat's ass about any of us. Nor do the businesses that make up the rest of the elite.

As long as we keep fighting with one another about which party has the higher ground we will continue to lose. Why is this so difficult to understand?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"(You get the point... there is an endless supply of these photos on the internet)"

Thanks for the warning

Where was I? In full support of taking out Sadam Ill tell you that.

As far as Bush and Obama on an issue, this handing out money to faith based groups is something the government should not be doing or faith based groups should not be taking. I refer here to James Madison.

This kind of thing has it roots far away from the tree of liberty. I could go on, maybe latter.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You're right, you know. Except for one, relatively minor thing. It's not us Obama supporters who are simply groundlessly accusing the assholes who are saying things like this of being members of the Tea Party. Members of the Tea Party have displayed this behavior recently.

top topics

join