It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Can she be repaired with elections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It's going to be very hard to participate in this thread without someone wanting to go total Republican or total Democrat on someone of the opposite ilk cloth.

For the purposes of this thread, give it your best shot.

America has fought in some pretty significant wars. I would say the three most defining wars for us have been the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and WWII.

We aren't at the piont were Republicans and Democrats are going to take up arms against each other. But you can feel the negative intensity and both sides may already hear whispers of such dramatic action.

Can our nation be fixed by simply going out to vote? Both sides say we need to throw the bums out but on the election day, but when we go to vote, that logic is forgotten.

So again, can we fix this nation by voting?

Democrats want to make significant changes to our current system and they have the President willing to take such bold action.

Republicans want to keep things as they are to an extent and they would also like to see the values of "yesterday" reintroduced to our society.

Somebody is going to lose this fight. One side or the other. Are these the beginning stages of the third internal war for the US? (The first two being the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.)

Are there any Revolutionary War and Civil War buffs that can explain the short and simple version of the events that took place before each of those two wars began? What were the events that led up to the beginning of each of those wars?

We all know the pop culture version and certainly anyone can pull books at the library. And most people know how to use google. I am not talking about that. I am talking about someone who knows their stuff and can type of the short and simple version of those events with approximate dates.

Does health care reform = slavery?
Does health care reform = the stamp act and/or the tea party?

There was allot more to those two wars then those pop culture bullet points.

Once we dwell over that information, just how far do you think the US is willing to take the fight to the other side?

Is this all political drama that will soon fade away or should we as Americans start thinking about the possibility of choosing a side (or refusing to)?

The states are filing a law suit against the federal government over health reform. Soon, the Supreme Court will have this law suit at their door step.

They will soon have to decide whether to dismiss it or hear the arguements and make a decision. No matter what they do, even if they do nothing, one side is going to win and one side is going to lose.

If the Republicans win this suit, how will the three Democratic Houses respond? If the Democrats win, what then?

Surely, the Democrats are not done trying to make their version of a better America come to fruitition. And the Republicans have their very different very as well; and they are showing no signs of giving up.

When voting for change and demanding change didn't work for George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, we know what the end result was.

So is Barrack Obama the new George Washington/Abraham Lincoln? If a Republican wins the White House in 2012, might they elect "the third one"?

I think we are setting ourselves up for the perfect storm.....which has already happened twice. Three times if you want to count WWII.

Are we?

Is this storm going to break up or is it going to pour rain, thunder, and lightening?

Because it it's all about to spiral down the toilet, we need to start getting ready. Both sides. Lest one side does and one side doesn't.

In addition, is there anyone on this website that has been a UNARMED CIVILIAN caught in the middle of a war? Can you please share your survival advice?

I suppose this is a thread that might be better suited as a multitude of threads; each covering the individual points I have touched on.

But maybe this is a good start. We aren't going to be able to change much of anything. But it might do each of us some good to have a better understanding of what might be shooting down the pipe.

I think to much change all at once is poison. What's next; cap and trade? Immigration reform? All in the span of 4 years or less?

Not to mention that it's during two concurrent wars and a pretty serious recession.

How will the Democrats react if the Republicans retake control and start over turning Obama's policies?

The way I see it, Republicans and Democrats each have a very different direction they want America to take RIGHT NOW! And neither side wants to give the other an inch.

I think we are in real serious trouble. I think armed conflict internally, however remote it may be right now, is becoming a more likely possibility.

Let me give you an example of the division; do you think the US Constitution should be upheld in it's current form or is it just a piece of paper in dire need of an update?

Welcome to the hornet's nest. I invite you to jump right in.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
concidering that politics rearly change anything for better or worse i dont see how elections are gonna change anything ,

what is draging the u.s down the spiral is the belief that by over shooting the budget each year is gonna help you guys in anyway.

debit is only growing because last years iou´s where never paid not to speak about the year before that and the year before that and the year before that.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It actually can't be fixed by voting. Take someone you trust with all your heart. Tell them that they are gonna help you take this country back. Campaign with all your might and never sway on what is right. Start small and work your way up. Prove yourself. Find like minded people and start a media outlet that smears every dirty politician out there. I mean really let em have it. Most every politician is probably being bought off by wall street. Voting left or right will never get the problem solved. When you do that you are depending on the government to fix your problems. Take it upon yourself and give big government the middle finger. Loyalty to the constitution. Your vote will never change the problem People are supposed to be the government. You can show it by doing this.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
It actually can't be fixed by voting. Take someone you trust with all your heart. Tell them that they are gonna help you take this country back. Campaign with all your might and never sway on what is right. Start small and work your way up. Prove yourself. Find like minded people and start a media outlet that smears every dirty politician out there. I mean really let em have it. Most every politician is probably being bought off by wall street. Voting left or right will never get the problem solved. When you do that you are depending on the government to fix your problems. Take it upon yourself and give big government the middle finger. Loyalty to the constitution. Your vote will never change the problem People are supposed to be the government. You can show it by doing this.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ventian]

Brilliantly done sir! I agree wholeheartedly. The United States is supposed to be for & by the people. Voting is one step, but it must be informed and unashamed voting. If someone is right in your eyes but doesn't have a prayer, still vote for them because it is the right thing to do!

Running for office is the big game changer though. Imagine what would happen if just 1% of the population decided enough was enough and it was time to run for offices all over the nation. That is 3,000,000 citizens getting off of their back and taking their birthright as Americans.

I am not just talking about running for president here, every level of government is open to you, the people. If you want to stay and make your own town better run for council, you'd be amazed at how much power city councils actually have!

Take back your government by taking over the government the way that the founders of the United States intended.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can the US be 'repaired' via elections ?

Don't know

Will elections rid the US of stinking mafia lobbyists ?

Will elections cut off the drip feed to Israel ?

Will elections wash out the dual US-Israelis who infest the US political system ?

Will elections rid the US of the zionist-Israeli Fifth Column ?

Will elections overturn the media monopolies which lie to the US populace a dozen times a second ?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well, if we can't take the country back by voting, it only leaves one of two options.

#1. Take the country back by force. But who decides which side is the good guys and which side is the bad guys? And who decides what system is going to replace? And exactly what kind of system is that going to be?

#2. Let "them" take your rights away and tax your socks off until you have no rights any longer and until you have run out of income to be taxed. By that point, you won't even have the right to complain.

No matter if you are a Republican or a Democrat, you better start giving these issues allot of thought. In the end, the winner is going to be the Republicans, the Democrats, or the government.

You might not want to be in the political party that loses but if the people don't get allot more serious, the government is going to beat the voting sheep of both parties and We The People will be transformed into We The Losers. Republican and Democratic voters alike.

new topics

top topics

join