It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Immigration kills Aussie culture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From what i heard aussie land is still a place for murderers to go to.

The criminals are still leaving uk for aussie land.

Why should we care what aussie heritage is broken, white europeans are not native to austrailia.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What a load of tripe !

Andy, put the bong away...Please ??

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lilsmurf

I have to admit, it always makes me laugh when new world countries, built on mass immigration from Europe, start to complain about immigrants. Funny it only becomes a problem when they start to get a lot of non westernised immigrants.

Although I do agree with the OP's policy that if a person moves to another country, they should adopt that country's culture, not impose their culture on that country. The Caribbeans and Indians that moved here in the 50's/60's integrated well enough into British society and that was during a time of open racism, so what's the problem with this new generation? Do they not realise that if they simply integrate, they will be accepted, as have previous generations of immigrants (other than by ignorant racists)

[edit on 24-3-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think most people can agree the while some immigration can be beneficial to a society... Mass immigration is rarely good!!!

One of the main reasons against mass immigration, that i can think of, is the fact that it enrages the general population and gives weight to the moronic far right groups.

Whenever there is mass immigration, you will find an increase in Racism... always a bad thing!

However, this thread does sound slightly hypocritical when you consider that it is from the viewpoint of immigrants who have taken over the country and virtually killed off the indigenous aboriginal culture!

Poetic justice?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It is the only reason the Australian property market hasn't adjusted...
...even though income to house prices are one of the highest in the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
I have to admit, it always makes me laugh when new world countries, built on mass immigration from Europe, start to complain about immigrants. Funny it only becomes a problem when they start to get a lot of non westernised immigrants.

I'm not opposed to Asians or Middle easterners or Africans or Latinos etc coming here if they are skilled and willing to fit in with the culture. What I am against is large amounts of any foreigners coming into the country.

There is talk here of taking the population to 35 million people. I really feel that is too many.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7even
Hard working, good natured, fun loving, caring, care free people.

I disagree with the tag of 'hard working' being a part of the 'Aussie culture' (whatever that's meant to be).

Most people I know want a free ride, regardless of what race they are. Most people I know work their jobs to get paid, even if they do it half-arsed. Truly hard working (and caring) people would have an intent to better their lives and the lives of others.

Australia is soon to be a melting pot of immigrant xenophobes, trying to fit into a world of local xenophobes. A person can be very generous and accepting. A race of people is nothing but xenophobic.

Nothing will stop immigration. Nothing will stop the boat people. The global system is broken and this reflected by people (who have nothing) trying to live the high life in a 'paradise' like Australia.

I wonder how long it can all go on for, until the survivors live like Mad Max 2.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Although I do agree with the OP's policy that if a person moves to another country, they should adopt that country's culture, not impose their culture on that country.

This.

Learn to speak English.
Leave your f*cking baggage at the door.
Welcome.
:-)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

reply to post by lilsmurf

I have to admit, it always makes me laugh when new world countries, built on mass immigration from Europe, start to complain about immigrants.

Although I do agree with the OP's policy that if a person moves to another country, they should adopt that country's culture, not impose their culture on that country. The Caribbeans and Indians that moved here in the 50's/60's integrated well enough into British society and that was during a time of open racism, so what's the problem with this new generation? Do they not realise that if they simply integrate, they will be accepted, as have previous generations of immigrants (other that by ignorant racists)

By the way you are all lucky to have me as I have been called the stricted Dad in South london by my teenage daughter once so I suppose I must be a celeb. The old Caribbean culture was acarry over from the victorian era. The problem that all parents have is the EU ruling on chastising children. When that law passed it all went pearshaed for parents. So now most kids are way out of line.

Surely these new immigrants are there for cheap labour of the sort that most oAustralians do not want to do?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Fantastic post, very consise in your words. Unfortunately this thread may (will) become strictly about race... When indeed this clearly needs to be looked at with simply economics in my mind.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Thanks for the chuckle and for making me hungry :p

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

There is talk here of taking the population to 35 million people. I really feel that is too many.

That is hillarious! 35 million people is too many?

How big is Oz compared to Britain? We're getting towards 70 million people here!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

No.... whats hilarious is your poor understanding of Australia. Majority of our country is desert. Only the outer rim is really habitable. The rest is either impossible to live in or a major struggle. Only the aboriginals can do it, and they still struggle. By all means, come here and live in the Simpson Desert!

But before you do come... Get an education!

IRM

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Human history is all about immigration otherwise we would still be holed up in The Rift Valley.
That is an undeniable fact.
It is natural for human beings to seek pastures new etc.

Also, if we look through history then it is vital for any vibrant and growing society to continue developing though adopting and integrating new ideas from a stready influx of immigrants.

But here we get to the crux of the matter.
A steady influx, not a an open gate tidal wave which results in the subjugation of the parent society and culture.
And that is what we have today.
Populations are in mass migration.
In Western Europe we face an inundation from Eastern Europe and The Middle East.
The USA seems to be under pressure from a constant stream of immigrants from Mexico and other Central American nations.
I suspect that Australia has large numbers of immigrants from various areas in Europe and Asia.

When immigrants have something positive to offer a society then they pose no threat.
The host nation gains from their new skills and the positive aspects of their culture becomes a part of the tapestry of the national culture.

Problems arise when immigrants have little positive to offer and become a burden on the host nation.

In addition we have the current problem of people from certain areas of the world emigrating to countries with a completely alien culture and mind set and who are in direct opposition with the aims of the host nation.
These immigrants wish to turn the host nation into a direct replica of the country they come from and have no regard for the indigenous people and refuse to integrate at any level.

Will mass immigration kill Aussie culture?
It already has done once.
Will it happen again?
I don't know.
At least Australian governments seem to have more stringent rules on immigration aimed at allowing those who are truly in danger or who have something positive to offer their society into the culture.

I suspect that we in the UK face a more deadlier threat where New Labour's open door policy aimed at Social Engineering and Multi-Culturism has failed us miserably.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

That is hillarious! 35 million people is too many?

How big is Oz compared to Britain? We're getting towards 70 million people here!

Part of the Culture is also not living like that. Maybe we don't want that many people here. Everyone should have the same attitude we do.

You don't need massive amounts of people and huge amounts of industry to be a great country.

We have a very rural nature. It's about country versus city here not race enclaves and sprawling suburbia.

I would much rather live with clean air and water in an economically and environmentally sustainable country like Australia than anywhere else in the world.

The writing is on the wall that even though our policies might seem racist or xenophobic they do work well. We've got plenty at a time when most countries can't afford to run their own government.

Looking into the future if we want to keep this we have to control the population.

All countries large or small. Even if they only have a few hundred thousand people should keep their populations at a manageable level that guarantees a high standard of living and social equality.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by belial259]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It's a pity they don't practise what they preach.

The whole nation of Australia is only there because of mass immigration apart from the aboriginies whose culture was destroyed by the white immigrant. And they feel they can now tell other people that they own the land and you can't come in because it's gonna destroy our culture.

Just a bunch of hyprocrites and racists if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool for cats
And they feel they can now tell other people that they own the land and you can't come in because it's gonna destroy our culture.

I'm an aboriginal and I feel the same way.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

If that means people like you won't be coming here, then good!

IRM

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It's a pity they don't practise what they preach.

The whole nation of Australia is only there because of mass immigration apart from the aboriginies whose culture was destroyed by the white immigrant. And they feel they can now tell other people that they own the land and you can't come in because it's gonna destroy our culture.

Whilst I don't disagree with most of what you said even if the tone may need some work, tell me, what country do you live in ?

Curious minds need to know !

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool for cats

The Aborigenes were originally immigrants who came to Australia over a long period of time and from different areas.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are distinctive groups etc within Aborigenal society with their own distinctive cultures and origins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join