It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO On Mahmutlar/Turkey 23.3.2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hmm, a Chinese lantern in Turkey?

Dunno, but this seems recent and strange. I can't see this being a plane, or copter:

22 views, looks like fresh meat for the fray...Have at it.

See, what we need is everyone with a good camera to also get a jetpack. Spot a UFO, take off and get closeups. Or get one of those remote controlled planes with a mounted camera.

[edit on Wed Mar 24th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Very likely to be Venus.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1024d053b90d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hi.

I would have to agree with Phage on this one or maybe a satilite.

There does not seem to be any movement of the object, also looking at the distance and the zoom in, one thing is for sure it is a long way away, therefore making me think it is one of the above.

Maybe a actual rocket rather than a rocket pack is needed for this one for a better close up

[edit on 24/3/2010 by TheDon]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How do you get Venus out of this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/603df2ac7cce.png[/atsimg]

You know Phage, that Venus explanation is only going to last you so long...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

The same way I get Venus out of this (which I shot myself)

(click to open player in new window)

(Auto focus and digital zoom are bad, very bad. Different camera types will produce different effect.)

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That is one heck of a huge digital zoom - the guy surely has a steady hand for it to be zoomed in that far and not completely all over the place.

It looks too digitally zoomed, it could be anything.

Would be v helpful if people posted their camera brands so we could get some idea of the different CCD artifacts generated at max digital zoom.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

The one I posted? That's mine.
Panasonic PV-GS70D, (on a tripod)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No chance, those shapes are entirely different. The OP video has other shapes too- you see when it gets sort of a lantern-looking frame around it?

It is so far away though, it very well could be moving. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. (to the other poster)

Also, that camera in the OP video is clearly on a tripod- watch the zooms closely.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You are correct it could be moving at that distance.

Though I still think it is Venus or a satilite.

I have looked at the zoom image and yes it has a intresting shape, but with what looks like a max digital zoom, you dont know what you really are seeing as the camera will be working its magic

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

no, phage, its green lantern's, umm, lantern (or power source)...the videographer was probably being evaluated as a possible candidate

now I know to get a camera with optical zoom when I win the lottery

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think I agree with Phage. At first it looked something akin to a shuttle craft heading right at the camera, but when I saw how much he had to zoom in - and seeing it in context - it does look more like a planet or something. When he is zooming in, you can see the faint outline of a circle, and the lighter area could just be reflection from the sun. I think the world's biggest skeptic is right on this one

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
One of the things that Phage's video does is show the consistency of digital artifacts in a camera. And that makes sense- same lens, same aperture, same optics, same zooms- and you get consistent artifacts from a consistent point of light like Venus.

With that in mind, I think you guys need to look at this again. That object is not providing the same shape consistently through the video to indicate steady digital zoom artifacts. There are different shapes. And different points of light at different times. This isn't even remotely close to Phage's video on that basis alone, much less on the shape of it.

And btw, many of you will probably really enjoy this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe even you, Phage.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ok, I sat and watched the whole thing, just for you
I honestly can't see where it changes shape, or where the light is different on it. Why the hell does he keep zooming in on that van's door? Some free advertising? Admittedly, I didn't have the sound on, so there may be something there, but it just looks to me like someone who has got a new camera and thought he'd try it out, and spotted venus (I won't argue which planet it might be, if Phage says it's venus then fine) and decided to record it.

Having said that, at the very end, I could not see the lower part of the circle - perhaps the mothership partially lowered shields to dispatch a probe, or perhaps it's because its around sunset and the sun's disappearing behind Earth. I don't know how much difference that would make, as I don't know where the sun is, but... In short, still agree with Phage.

EDIT: Judging by the horizon and Phage's little star map, the sun actually appears to be on venus' side of the earth - so it going down wouldn't make a difference.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The Youtube User has uploaded 2 Ufo video's in the last 24 hours. Both within 1 hour apart of one another.
Both have the description:
Aliens sent some films to steven spilberg to make some movies those films have been held at notery for 10 years....I will keep sending new films to youtube till i reach Steven Spilberg...

If you pause both videos at around 16 seconds you will see the exact same shot is used. The same small hut can be seen to the left of the video capture in the same night sky. Now this is because the object he is filming has 2 parts and they are both within 1 minute of each other.

First video shot at 18:18 and the second video shot at 18:19 now why split them both up? If this truely is an amazing Alien spaceship, wouldn't he just have this all in one clip?

Unless of course the clip is too long to post up in one segment, which could be the case if they werent only 1 minute and 3 minutes long.

I dont think the object he's filming is an alien spaceship. It does look more like a satellite or planet, also if you look at his videos he's posted over 200 videos of ufos. All of them seem to have the same thumbnail, shot at night/dusk and zoomed in with his camera to some suspicious looking object.
I actually think he knows what he's doing in this instance, that he can zoom in and magnify an object in the sky and make different colours/shapes out of the objects using different lights and angles.

It's a shame because one day he might spot something ultimately rare and if he's a known prankster theres a good chance nobody would believe him.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Superiorraw

No one would believe him anyway. No matter what quality a video is, it's either too bad to be identifiable, or it's good and therefore CGI. The only time a lot of people will believe is if a spaceship landed on their house.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is not a flying object. It is static and most likely a planet or star, as already stated. It's upsetting that any blurry object on film these days gets attributed to UFOs.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Every camera gives a unique shape due to the differences in the apertures.

We are getting one heck of a collection of Venus images on ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
This is not a flying object. It is static and most likely a planet or star, as already stated. It's upsetting that any blurry object on film these days gets attributed to UFOs.

Kids have camera's. Kids post on the Internet.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Kids have camera's. Kids post on the Internet.

And adults take it seriously and conclude that these blurry blobs are aliens. I hate seeing people fall into that trap

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And adults take it seriously and conclude that these blurry blobs are aliens. I
hate seeing people fall into that trap

And yet still others just find these things and post them with no predetermined opinion, but have to deal with comments such as yours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join