It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternate concept of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok so here is an idea in which has been floating around in my head for awhile and I need to hear some feedback on it. Just go with me on this.

We know that the universe is ever expanding. We know that the structure of life is made up of atoms. What if all of the atoms are galaxies. With life so small that we could not see even a planet. The lifespan for it would last just as long as galaxies that we know of, but length in which time would seem to happen just as long as it is for us. But because it is so small 1 of our seconds would be thousands of its years.

If that were true then we would be just an atom of life in something, something so big to us that we couldn't see it and can't comprehend. Our minds run our body making sure everything is running smoothly, like a god. When our life gets shorter, as we grow cells in our body get destroyed, like a star burning up.

The atomic bomb got me thinking about it some, when we split an atom it lets off a massive energy surge. Sorta like a star going super nova.

The scary part about my idea is that we are destroying galaxies without even realizing it. And that at anytime our galaxy could be destroyed by means much similar to what we are doing with the particle accelerator.

Its an interesting idea mostly brought on by the galaxy pattern, plus some bored late nights, and sci-fi. (Douglas Adams mostly) The one second to thousand years was brought on by my mom telling me as a kid that one second in heaven is like a thousand years on Earth.

Thanks for listening and don't be to harsh, its just something that has been in my head.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor

We know that the universe is ever expanding. We know that the structure of life is made up of atoms. What if all of the atoms are galaxies. With life so small that we could not see even a planet.

Hi! I started to read your post and it struck me as I have thought of the very same thing! It was in the back of my head for a long time.

There is an intresting known theory about our ''fractal'' universe! What (We) hypothesize is found on this site:

en.wikipedia.org...

I am off to bed now!
Have a good day!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Dear Pajjikor

This idea has been around a long time, have a look at the very end of the original MIB film.

I like the one about us and the entire universe just being a computer program better.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by simpsonizer

word that is pretty cool, I knew that everything pretty much looks structurally the same at a certain level. I just did not know someone had the same line as thought as me about this subject. You and some respectable scientists did to. Wonder if I added any new ideas to the theory.

Im gonna follow your suit on going to bed. My mind craves rest right now.

Pajjikor

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is an idea I thought about in 8th Grade and mentioned to my science teacher in class.

In a way it makes sense. In alot of ways it doesn't. It all depends on how you look at the universe and time itself.

It's a concept that's confusing to contemplate.

perhaps the atoms within the universe are galaxies and the universe is a particle of something on a much larger scale. Some scientists are theorizing that the big bang was created when the membranes of two universes collided. That would mean there are possibly an infinite number of these universes occasionally running into one another releasing immense amounts of energy. And this begs the next question which is: What lies beyond and/or between the multiverse?

Difficult to think about and almost impossible for us to really grasp anyway as I don't think alot of people really even grasp the vastness of our own universe. It just isn't possible for human beings to truly understand this kind of immensity. Plus the laws of nature may be completely different on this kind of size scale or even between the multiverse, therefore any theory we think up might not even matter.

For one thing, we know time is not finite and linear as we percieve it on planet earth. Time is not the same throughout the universe.

We know that the classical idea of an atom having a nucleus and electrons around it must be somewhat accurate. This is based on decades of scientific and technological innovation and discovery. If you think about it, if we were wrong the Manhattan project would've never been successful. We know that we're on the right track.

The problem is that for this to accurately depict our universe, our universe would have to have a nucleus. As far as we know, it does not, unless you consider the possibility of galaxies being separate atoms. But not even this is accurate. Electrons circulate around the nucleus in a spherical pattern (at the speed of light?). Galaxies vary greatly in size, shape, and overall complexity. Plus they sometimes collide and interact with each other and we know that this is almost impossible for atoms to do naturally. Even when we touch something we aren't really touching it. The electrons are just touching other electrons. Our energy is touching the energy that comprises that object.

The only way to artificially force atoms together is with nuclear fusion, and we know that this unleashes immense amounts of energy (Because E=MC*2).

But there may be something to this idea that we still don't understand. If there really is a multiverse of infinite immensity out there beyond the threshold of our own, this means that at our solar system and planet are insignificantly puny in comparison. Possibly even so small it could be considered a subatomic particle from intelligences on a much larger scale (if they exist). In this model, we really would be a part of the bigger picture in the form atomic or subatomic material (at least with regard to relative size scales).

So even though galaxies might not be atoms and the universe might not be a particle of something (with us encoded within it), the universe must work very differently at these immense scales compared to how we percieve it at the very small. So we really might exist as a drop of water in some ocean on a planet somewhere that exists on an even larger scale, etc..etc.. We'll have a little better grasp on this when we find out more about dark matter and dark energy.. Plus whatever discoveries or breakthroughs are made at the particle collider at CERN.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Good thread. I guess that would be considered the holographic universe theory? I think about this kind of thing sometimes as well. I think that if an atom is like a solar system, with the nucleus being the sun, the electrons are going around it like planets, but because of the smaller scale, time is going faster, so from our perspective the electrons are moving too fast for us to perceive, and that is why we cant know the location of an electron at a given moment. I dont know, just a theory. dont know if there's any way to really figure it out though

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Excellent thread mate!
I don't think it's that hard to grasp...the reason being is that I beleive there are an infinite number of universes and an infinite number of possibilities within each of those universes.

The key word being infinite.

Check out a video on Youtube called "Understanding the 10th Dimension".
It's easier to understand than it sounds. It's only like 7 mins long or so, so please watch it!!!
VERY VERY interesting!!

Much love...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well its good to hear that this is not a hard concept to grasp. It also interesting to see the different theories about this subject.

Keep up the good work guys.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ok so I was looking it up I might have to change the universe being like matter, which makes up everything I'll show you what I mean

This is the structure of the universe.

This is the structure of matter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31e6e45d91eb.jpg[/atsimg]

I remembered seeing this in one of my texts books in school and just had to post it. Pretty close don't cha think.

Edited to put pictures on the thread, no external leaks for me anymore

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
kabbalah is the only explanation for how the world is. All the sciences are related in some way with the kabbalah, ie; the sefirot. For instance, 7 emotional sefirot = 7 continents(which are substantial, like emotion). 3 intellectual sefirot refer to the 3 oceans. The world is nothing more then a parable of the higher worlds. So its not surprising that string theory is based on 10.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

kabbalah is not the only explanation for how the world is, that is just your personal belief. There are more then three oceans in the world, and the number of continents are based on how they have been settled. If North America and South America had been discovered at different times then they would have been different continents. That is my opinion anyway. Read my signature, it's pretty accurate.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Love the concept, Pajjikor, hate your avatar. (Reptilian symbology) Anyway, I too have had these thoughts, and for many year too. In grade school, a very long time ago, a scientist came to opur little school, this was something that scientists did in those days. The man called each one of us to the table, wiped a cotton swab in the corner of our eye, put that on a glass slide, and then we got to look at it through a powerful microscope. I was amazed at what I saw! Thousands of little creatures living on my eyeballs! Then I saw the ocean, and felt really small in perspective.
I think you are on to something.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the pics. very interesting.. I have seen those bfore as well. Isn't the second one the structure of a brain cell? Either way that would be evidence of a holographic universe if there was one.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

Actually the second one is the structure of matter

This is the structure of a brain cell. Ill try to find one with a wider view later.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51ee5ebb9491.jpg[/atsimg]

They are really similar, just showing that the holographic universe theory is probably right.

Edited to let you know I cant find a picture of the brain cell that hasn't been cropped, wish you could search by images and not only words

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Pajjikor]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
wow thanks for the extra pic. If they weren't labeled I probably woulda thought they were pictures of the same thing... I guess this either means that we live in a holographic universe or that everything is created in the same way? have you seen the video on the fibonacci number sequence? It's pretty interesting.

There's the vid. don't mind all the talk about God. Not saying he exsists nor am i saying he doesn't. dont want to get into a religious debate, but it has a good point. Maybe thats why the structures look so similar?
I dunno what dyu think?

[edit on 25-3-2010 by bulletproof_monk]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by bulletproof_monk]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Golden Rectangle creates the Fibonacci spiral. Wow that is some cool stuff, I didn't know how common in was to see it in natures, from flowers, the galaxy, even our fingers. I agree with you, it probably is why structures look so similar. I'm not really sure if this is significant evidence of a holographic universe, but it sure points to everything being created the same way.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I understand why you don't want to get into a religious debate. But it sure is pretty convincing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thats pretty cool, schools now a days don't have scientists come in and do cool lab experiments anymore. To bad I wouldn't have minded. There are alot of things I wouldn't mind looking at under a microscope. Ill check it out one day.

As for the avatar, I just thought it looked cool, its a sea-lion.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Disregard!! Double post..

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

I think you're on the right track.

Holographic in terms of how we perceive holograms basically means a two dimensional object can be percieved by the human brain in three dimensions. In a way it proves there are multiple ways of information to be encoded in order for us to perceive it with our brians, not just the three dimensional world as alot of people think it exists.

Long ago in ancient times, a religious belief arose called "Gnosticism". It was basically a religous movement that was largely viewed by outsiders as a heretical cult. But they might have been on the right track.

Gnosticism encircles a variety of different ideas and ways of thinking about God and the universe overall. But the general idea of how the universe was created is very simple. Their view of creation was basically that there was an ancient battle that took place between forces of light and forces of darkness in a universe made up by many dimensions but only one being on either side. When the two mixed, it caused lower dimensions to come into being, including human beings which are lower-dimensioned beings created from the energies that existed when the battle took place. They use a variety of different terms for these things (this is basically a layperson's guide) but they basically believed that long ago all our energies were one. In this respect, gnosis is a life-long search to be "one" again with the source (God/heaven) by breaking through this dimension into heaven.

"Gnosis" is generally the idea that we can "achieve" oneness once again with what is commonly percieved as heaven, the light, etc.. The idea is that other dimensions can overlay our own due to how they believed the universe was created and that Heaven is basically superimposed over our own universe. Very interesting when you consider things like OBE's, Near Death Experiences, the Paranormal, and more specifically Residual and Intelligent hauntings as we experience them today.

Jewish mysticism is somewhat similar to Gnosticism in comparison.

This is a very interesting concept though when you consider Holographic Universe Theory. We basically see the world as one way because we think that's how the world exists. IN a way, the universe we observe truly is a hologram. In reality, everything we see and think is there is just our brains telling us it is. When we look at a red sports car, it's only possible because our brains process all the information into something that makes sense. Rainbows do not exist, they are optical phenomenon. In fact, everything we see is optical information deciphered by our brains. The universe doesn't necessarily exist as we see it.

Our brains are only designed to handle certain kinds of input factors in our own dimension. We cannot visibly see or easily detect other dimensions but that doesn't mean they're not there. Like I said before, people hear this stuff and think its crazy and then they go off and believe in things like angels, heaven, god, spirits, ghosts, demons, etc.. When it's more likely that if these things really do exist, they all exist in a completely separate reality superimposed over our own (the same exact concept..).

The gnostic idea is that because of that ancient battle the universe basically shattered into smaller dimensions, creating the three dimensional universe as we percieve it. This created a wall or "rift", if you will, between our realities. IMO, the idea of how this rift was created isn't near as interesting as whether or not it even exists. And when you consider certain paranormal phenomenon it is actually pretty stunning to contemplate.

-ChriS

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BlasteR]

new topics

top topics

join