It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62% of Americans angry at the Health Care Bill - So why didnt you protest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Seriously? Protests have been occurring all over the US. I went to one in my little town outside our county capitol building. I'm no good at estimating numbers but it was crowded and I was surprised at the turnout. Also politicians phone lines have been ringing off the hook. Town Hall meetings getting taken over by health care resistance.

What exactly are you expecting? Tianamen square?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Where have all of you been? Don't you guys remember those massive town hall meeting fiascoes all over the country due to the health reform issue? All those protests that were made out by the media to be filled with racist gun nuts? The movements and petitions to write your congressmen?

What on earth? People were protesting everywhere.

I guess the media did its job.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Where have all of you been? Don't you guys remember those massive town hall meeting fiascoes all over the country due to the health reform issue? All those protests that were made out by the media to be filled with racist gun nuts? The movements and petitions to write your congressmen?

I guess the message was lost, because I assumed that was over bailouts and the like...
Protesting the results of the government many of them voted in, no?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

It takes time and and a well thought out plan to infiltrate and mow down the Republicans and Democrats in Washington, and let's not forget the bankers.
But yes i agree, it seems most of the western world is apathetic these days, when push comes to shove we don't walk the walk, simply get angry, shake our little fists and then let the media divert our attention to something new for us to get angry about. Rinse and repeat. No one really cares now(both politicians and a large percentage of the population) politics is corrupt to the core and it won't change barring a doomsday scenario sadly.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
*Hear me* I plead with you.

62% of Americans are angry because they have fallen for the MSM calls for internal war!

I think i have awkened.

For the past two days i have heard so much coming out of the Republican party, so much instigation INSTIGATION.... that i think i finally have it correct.

Now, i'm not fond of Obama. But i do see how the Civil war is going to start...and its going to be promoted by all the talking heads...stirring the crap via anyway they possibly can...to motivate the people to start revolting against Democratic offices and officials.....*WHAT AN EPIPHANY*
!@!!!!!!

tHIS IS WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

The cover up?

Dems are destroying their own offices.....just to make it look like Republicans did it.

I got it now.

I said this years ago. Americans are stupid for the most part. So this is why all the predictions of civil wars here,...

Do yourself a favor and wake up. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

See what is happening???????

Republican Provocateurs WANT civil war- not the Dems.

I love Epiphanies.

Up till this time i was with you all......Not any more. NOW I SEE WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think is more than that Dg, right now the unlimited amendments on the bill is on going Americans still do not know what is going to hit them once the mess in congress with the bill is over.

Is going to be a very, very angry nation very soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge, maybe a little premature of me, but i can sniff out the culprits and so far it smells like a load of crap to me. I guess i should wait a few days to realy form my opinion. The sh@t stirring from the right is incredible.

This wont make me popular here,
but i never was.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Marge, maybe a little premature of me, but i can sniff out the culprits and so far it smells like a load of crap to me. I guess i should wait a few days to realy form my opinion. The sh@t stirring from the right is incredible.

This wont make me popular here,
but i never was.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I know, I know but I been following the congress fight over the amendments they been at it for over 20 hours already and Dg what they are putting and taking out of the bill is just incredible, so bad that soon people are going to just scream in frustration.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Protest?..lol, that's a good one.

Only govt sanctioned protests are allowed in GOP / DNC america. Here in los angeles the city govt calls it a "Parade Permit", without one it's an "unlawful assembly"... run out there all angry and protest this sucker, try to enjoy some of that fabled "freedom" the US used to be known for.. and the local gestapo goons will sport happy overtime hard-ons thumping you into submission wearing the latest most fashionable federally funded homeland security riot wear.

If you want to have a parade, Section 103.111 of the Los Angeles Municipal code mandates 40 days prior notice to the start of the event.. lol on top of that, politicians reserve complete control of all dissent : "The Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners has the ultimate authority to approve or deny your permit." ... Welcome to soviet nazi china.

www.lapdonline.org...
trafficinfo.lacity.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The thing is, everyone was clamoring about health care reform. Everyone was, and we know this. A few months ago it was said this same number supported reform and another option.

So, who or what to take seriously?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
... Welcome to soviet nazi china.

That's kind of contradictory, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

...Marge, then i need enlightment as to what the terrible things are. I havent read the bill...all i know is that its supposed to be so horrible, but i'm not seeing anything horrible...yet.

Confused,
DG

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Seriously? Protests have been occurring all over the US. I went to one in my little town outside our county capitol building. I'm no good at estimating numbers but it was crowded and I was surprised at the turnout. Also politicians phone lines have been ringing off the hook. Town Hall meetings getting taken over by health care resistance.

What exactly are you expecting? Tianamen square?

jjkenobi,
Thanks for your input. I applaud you for standing up and protesting for something that you believe in. I am of the opinion that mass demonstrations do work to some degree, they let the government know what the mood of the people is. Of course the impact is always greater with huge numbers especially when the worlds media gets a hold of it.

If the figures of 62% of American people are "angry" at this bill being passed are true, then my answer to your question would be YES I would have expected something like Tianamen Square which, incidentally was only about 100 000 people.

If the Brits could muster 250 000 for the Poll Tax demo in London I cannot understand why a mass demo never occured in Washington. I am not passing any judgement, merely seeking some answers.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Ashley,
I am not talking about local protests in town halls and at local government levels. Lets face it Town hall meetings are for Local issues not National ones. You will never get a National issue settled in a Town Hall. A national issue needs to be debated or demonstrated against in the Nations Capital wouldnt you agree?

Perhaps this Town Hall Tour was orchestrated by the Govt so that the masses would NOT congregate on Washington and instead wait their turn for the circus to come to town.

Thanks for your input,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
We did not protest because we all know inside the outcome is already determined.
The majority can pass the bill anytime they wanted with any language.

Point is protesting is useless, it only serves as a mass relief valve.It does not change anything accept lessens your anger because you did your part in showing up to scream and yell.

We want individual liberties ones we contracted this government to help us defend.

Deep down the rule of law knows , if you don't have the tools to defend freedom freedom will die. Right now. There is a military force in every highly populated area that is networked to work and shift assets to help destroy any dissent of any form. You have a media that is cooperating with government to insure the best possible light for police aka the local military.

You will never be able to over come the system that is stacked against The United States citizens, because you can not overcome votes that are bought and paid for by money stolen from you through taxation. That is why federal taxes are important to voluntary servitude of citizens.

This government has defaulted on its moral contract with its citizens.

I reject healthcare taxation due to religious reasons.

10th commandment.
I will not pay this tax.
Take me to the criminal cages for humans.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Here is a link of what the bills because is two of them that supposedly will be merging and the Myth and facts of them, Also is links in my post to the battler been raging in congress right now because the bills are not finalized yet

One more thing Dg, the Baucus bill that is mostly what the Obama care is falling under was written by private insurance lawyers something that now is coming to light.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join