It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question everyone ignores.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have no real clue but sir issac newton studied the bible and came up
with the date 2060 for the end or apcalypse. Many folks made predictions
with dates and as a child I recall how my neighbor was telling me at
the school bus stop one morning that some lady said this was the end..
or something like that. Gee, I'm still waiting. Perhaps I will never live
to see anything even remotely close to that event. I say that mainly
because I am no spring chicken. Perhaps 2012 will bring a surprise
in one form or another. Perhaps if it was positive it would stick in
the craw so to speak of those who don't like positive change.
Perhaps not even the remnants of the aztec know anything for certain.
Flooding comes to mind. Did I hear them say on tv that the gods
will rain down upon man on that day? Dec 21st 2012.
Sorry for being so ignorant about all this.

reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My culture, the Chinese, have their own 2012 predictions. Well, at least according to Terence McKenna anyway.

Google: Novelty Theory and Time Wave Zero Point and you will find more on Terence's research.

From what I understand, he based the theories on I-Ching (易經). Something that my ancestors invented.

Now, my real interest was in I-Ching rather than Terence McKenna's research.

I-Ching was rumored to be passed down from the mythical figure called "Fu Xi" (伏羲) during 2800 BCE - 2737 BCE.

Some interesting points:

*I-Ching (Book of Changes) has Binary numbers, the dude who created it had knowledge of the Binary language system several thousand years ago. The symbols of I-Ching can be read as 0's and 1's. Yang representing Negative, and Ying representing Positive. And no, it's not backwards, that's how I-Ching works. Yang represents something that's not there, Ying represents something is there.

*The mythical figure "Fu Xi" actually has correlations to other religious text and cultures. Take for example, the holy Trinity in the bible. The Chinese also has the same story, they call it the First Three Sovereigns, namely:

* Fuxi (伏羲)
* Nüwa (女媧)
* Shennong (神農)

Sound similar to Sumerian's: Anu, Enlil and Ea if I got them right...

*Check this out...:
"According to legend, the land was swept by a great flood and only Fu Xi and his sister Nüwa survived. They retired to Kunlun Mountain where they prayed for a sign from the Emperor of Heaven. The divine being approved their union and the siblings set about procreating the human race. It was said that in order to speed up the procreation of humans, Fu Xi and Nüwa found an additional way by using clay to create human figures, and with the power divine being entrusted to them, they made the clay figures to come alive." -Wikipedia

Apparently, in the Chinese culture, we have a great flood as well.

*What's funny is that the Sumerian Annunaki's has been referred to as Reptilians according to some sources. If Fu Xi, Nuwa or Shennong has anything to do with the 3 Sumerian deities. well one can say that they might be reptilians.

*Fu Xi and Nuwa were depicted as half human, half snake beings by my people... lol coincidence perhaps?

Take a look at what they look like: What Fu Xi and Nuwa looked like..

*Here's something more interesting:
"I-Ching or “Yi Jing” (Pinyin) also called as the “Book of Changes or Classic of Changes” is one of the oldest of the Chinese Classic texts. The book is a symbol system used to identify order in chance events. The text describes an ancient system of cosmology and philosophy that is intrinsic to ancient Chinese cultural beliefs. Based on combination of the 64 fractals present in the book, the future is predicted. An US based writer and philosopher Terrence McKenna studied I Ching intensely and derived a pattern which produced a time line graph, which he called the “Time Wave Zero” theory. Accordingly when a graph was produced for the future, the graph stops exactly on 2012, December 21." - Mysterious 2012

If you're interested in this, I recommend doing research on the actual I-Ching, rather than Terence McKenna's theories.

By reading and understanding I-Ching, it helps your everyday life. It's not like I-Ching can predict your exact future, but rather it teaches you the idea of choice. Every choice you make creates a constant change to your future. So by understand the I-Ching, you can improve your lifestyle by reading your current surroundings and making the best possible choice for yourself.

It's hard to explain, lots of philosophies involved, but it's definitely something worth reading.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That is some very interesting information about the I-Ching! You should make your own thread about that. I think many people would be interested in talking about it. It's just another thing that the ancients knew about, that we can't understand today. I think the ancients were much smarter than humans are today and all the ancients should be taken seriously when they point to a date in our near future as something major happening. To say the ancients were stupid and didn't know anything simply because technology didn't exist is idiotic. I think technology has made humans lazier and out of touch with nature and mother earth. Imagine what we would be capable of without technology. Every single one of us would know how to survive, all our instincts would be tested everyday. We would all have to be very smart to survive, and have a great understanding of our world. The ancients had this, somewhere along the way, the knowledge was supressed, and now, we go so far as to call it fake, or false, and try to debunk it using a modern scientists opinion. Well perhaps modern science isn't discovering anything new, but perhaps its re-discovering everything we have lost.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
This biggest question with 2012 is:

How do/did they know the world was going to end as some speculate. Because they knew the solar cycle or something of that nature? Because it had happened in the past? If it happened in the past, then no one would have been around to pass on this information. That leaves only 2 real possibilites. One is that God told them. That doesn't sit well with me, because why would god tell only them and not the rest of the world. The second one is Aliens told them but that's the same as number one. why only them? Everything else is just guessing? Thoughts?

There has never been anything that states exactly that the world is going to end. The reason people freak out about "the end" is because they Mayan calender ends on that specific date. Now there is evidence that the last 4 times and end of an age came around nearly all life on earth was killed from some natural disaster or another. So who is to say it wont happen again? I don't feel like it will be the end of the world. The world was around long before us and it will be around long after us. I do however think there is a possibility that something could happen. Im one to take a better safe then sorry approach when it comes to things like that. No one can really say for sure weather or not something is going to happen we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

The Chinese people call ourselves the "descendants of dragons", but as Chinese dragons have a lot of similarities with Snakes, it is arguable to be "Reptilians".

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

There have been many prophecies! I have no link to give you, but just from memory, from what I've read over the years, one thing that come's to mind is that almost all of Europe believed that the year 1000 would be the "end of the world" and that that it was what the Revelation of John was prophesying.

Let me explain what 2012 is, so you can worry no more...

The reason that so many ppl believe it's "the end" is because the Mayan Calendar ends on 21 Dec, 2012. This doesn't mean it's the end of the world though. It's just the end of the "reign of Materialism" on this planet, if you will, and we'll all be able to experience "finer" realities, that (aside from certain great mystics) we were not ordinarily aware of before.

While i know this sounds really cliched, sorry, but it's ACTUALLY what is going to happen and is the proper interpretation of the abrupt ending of the mayan Calendar.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by TheNewAeon2012]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewAeon2012

The reason that so many ppl believe it's "the end" is because the Mayan Calendar ends on 21 Dec, 2012.

Many many people keep making this claim, but it is absolutely untrue. The Mayan calendar does not in fact end on December 21, 2012. The Mayan Long Count calendar has measurement units just as we do such as days weeks, months, years, decades, centuries and so forth. December 21, 2012 in the Mayan long count calendar marks the end of the 13th B'ak'tun, but the Mayan calendar does not end there and there are indeed Mayan dates well beyond this point. It is just another day like ours when we turn the calendar page to a new one, no different than the change from June to July.

Each B'ak'tun is equal to 144,000 days and in the Mayan city of Palenque there are inscriptions about the date of 20 B'ak'tuns, so clearly B'ak'tun 13 is not at all the end of their calendar, nor is it the end of the world.

The Mayans never indicated any sort of apocalypse would happen, and that is purely a western invention. Any Mayan will tell you that such talk of the end coming soon has nothing to do with their culture and calendar. It is outside ideas twisting and distorting the Mayan culture to suit their own agenda. It is also culturally ignorant.

Many people claimed that Y2K was the end of the world, or that the passing of comet Kohoutek was the end of days, but it was all nonsense, just as the false claims being made about the Mayan Calendar and 2012.

Many people talk about the significance of the Mayan calendar and the 2012 date, but most of them have no clue what they are talking about.

[edit on 3/4/10 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Stonehenge is a solar clock which indicates important seasonal dates for agricultural purposes. It is not a countdown clock to doomsday and does not point to 2012.

The Nazca lines are a similar agricultural celestial clock that uses Stars instead of just the sun.

So I assume you've talked to the builders of these monuments, and have heard straight from them their true purpose for constructing these colossal achievements.

We know absolutely nothing about these monuments. We THINK we know what they were for, but we truly don't.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't give into all the 2012 hype. It's all glorified by western society.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Actually we do know a great deal about them. They certainly hold further mysteries but both the Nazca lines and Stonehenge are celestial calendars. We know how they work in this fashion, and how they have specific alignments that indicate Solstice, Equinox, and other important annual dates. Cultures around the globe have used similar structures to plan their agriculture, and celebrations.

The lines at Nazca are not just randomly drawn pictograms. They specifically align with certain stars as they cross the horizon and have specific alignments during key dates of the year. Move the lines only a few degrees and these celestial alignments no longer work. The same can be said for the Standing Stones at Stonehenge. It is quite clear that these alignments were very deliberate, and not due to random chance. The builders of these two places were specific in their planning for building celestial calendars.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The majority of people who buy into the 2012 theories, have no idea what they think will happen on 2012, and only attest that something BIG will happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Obviously we don't know what will happen in 2012, if anything at all.
If we knew what was going to happen, we wouldn't have all these theories.

However, a lot of things do point to something big happening in 2012, the ancients must have done what they did for a reason. So I am a believer that 2012 will be a big event, but I don't know what.

All these calendars, zodiac, and whatever else, are not coincidence, the ancients were trying to tell us something. Why else would there be a zodiac?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Because people can be superstitious and try to make connections where there are none.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Isn't this site supposed to deny ignorance?

Every single time you post, you're telling people everything is normal move along. Not everyone believes the official story like you do.

I come to this site to speak to like minded people, to get away from the official stories.

If you don't believe in any of these conspiracies, why do you even bother coming on this site?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

If you don't believe in any of these conspiracies, why do you even bother coming on this site?

Do you believe in every one of them? If you don't what make you believe in some and not the others?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm denying ignorance, superstition, speculation, and fear.
I'm using knowledge and reason.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'm denying ignorance, superstition, speculation, and fear.
I'm using knowledge and reason.

But Phage you are possessed by an alien…..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
So I keep going into 2012 forums or any forum for that matter. And they when the topic of 2012 comes up, skeptics always have one main excuse.

" There have been so many doomsdays predicted in the past, 2012 is no different"

So my question to you is, can you name a few of these previously predicted doomsdays?

Do not count Y2K because that was never a doomsday scenario, that was a techology failure scenario. Which was a modern day crisis, and was never mentioned by the ancients, nor is it in the bible or in any references in history.

I'd like to find some predicted doomsdays, that had history to back them up. That had more than once source pointing to that day. You all say there are so many of these days, so they shouldn't be hard to find. So post them up, so I can research them! Then we can compare those days to 2012, and once and for all find out if 2012 is really just another predicted doomsday among hundreds that have failed. When you post your doomsday, please leave at least once RELIABLE source. If some kid predicted it, it doesn't count. If an ancient civilization predicted it, awesome! You get the idea.

So debunkers, here is your chance to shine. What have ya got! Bring it on!

So you want a doomsday eh? Hmmm. I shouldn't do this but let me give you one predicted by 2 completely different prophesies in the bible. And combined they are predicting that the Apocalypse of the Bible is supposed to be over with by the spring of 2028 at the latest.

First prophecy. The day of Jezreel in the book of Hosea. After looking over this prophesy and referencing it to Psalms 90 and Leviticus you can come up with this conclusion. The ancient Jews and Israelites of the first century AD triggered a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. And verse 6-2 gives the timeframe. 3 days in the presence of God. 2 days cursed and the 3rd day is the day of Jezreel. But read in reference of Psalms 90 it's obvious those days are a code. They are thousand year periods of time. This curse is 2000 years long and it started in the first century AD.

2nd prophecy. The fig tree of Matthew 24. In verse 34 he says that this generation being born that sees the first events of the end time will survive to the end of it. So if you assume that the rebirth of Israel in 1948 was an end time event that means the timer started or was already running in 1948. Therefore the generation is 62 years old this year. Going back to Psalms 90 it also mentions that a lifespan of a human is 70 to 80 years. So going with 80 years and combining it with the 2000 year prophecy of Hosea puts the day of Jezreel as no later than 2028.

So the Apocalypse must be over with by 2028.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So you're saying that everyone is superstitious?

Every civilization that created a calendar, or things like the zodiac is superstitious?

You don't think they made any of those things for a reason?

Are the pyramids superstitious too?

You attempt to jump to conclusions without answering certain questions.

Take the norway spiral for example, you believe its a russian missle..... Well thats the strangest missle I've ever seen in my life, amazing how it can bend light, and then turn into a black hole from the inside out. That's a hell of a missle.

So the nazca lines are superstition too?

Georgia guidestones superstition?

Stonehenge superstition?

zodiac, mayan calendar, I-Ching..... Superstition?

Well you're always right phage, you just solved about 50 questions that scientists have been looking for, for decades.

Oh and can you tell me how the nazca lines, and the pyramids were built?I've been trying to figure that out for a while now, and who better to ask than you? No point in doing research when you already know.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Interesting ntech, so that puts 2012 right in the middle of the action, yet again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join