It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question everyone ignores.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Modern science is a touchy subject, because if they knew the world was going to end in 2012, they aren't going to say it, because it would cause mass panic.

However, When you look at modern science, you can clearly see all the warning signs that the earth is going through a major change, which could cause a catastrophic event.

We have, global warming, not just on earth, but on all of the planets as well. Yes, ALL of the planets are undergoing changes at a very rapid rate. Jupiter's hot spot is now 3 hot spots. Saturns atmosphere has changed by over 30%. Neptune and Uranus, have both gone through polar shifts in the past few years. Pluto is changing color. Venus's atmosphere has changed as well, same with mars, and of course earth. I don't know much about mercury.

Then we have, the earths weakening magnetic field, being more and more open to cosmic rays and solar radiation.

Then we have the sunspot cycle. The last solar maximum, from 2001 - 2005, was the worst maximum seen in decades, if not centuries. With the earths magnetic field so weak, the next maximum even if it is not as powerful, could have devastating effects on our planet.

Animals are dying off all over the place. There are mass ocean kils zones, bees are disappearing at an alarming rate, due to the weakening magnetic field. They can't navigate back to their nests, so they starve to death. A lot of this can also be caused by all the wireless signals human send around the world at any given time. It screws up their "radar" it disorients them. But if this knowledge was confirmed, it would cause a lot of companies to lose a lot of money. So it remains a mystery as to why the bees are disappearing.

There is a 35 mile crack that opened in Ethiopia, a crack so large that scientists didn't even think it was possible for something so large, to open so fast. They thought such a change would take millions of years to form. So perhaps change can happen quickly.

Then there is the ice core samples, and lava rock samples. That both show major earth changes on a regular basis. And when we look back at our ice age time frame, we are well over due for the next one. And that right there in itself, is a hell of a lot of scientific evidence that something major could happen soon.

There there is the fact that alaska was once tropical, and so was antartica. This evidence has been found to be true, as they have found mammals that could not survive the harsh winter climate in alaska. There is a map from the ancients of antartica, which does not portray it as a barren land of ice.

The pulse of the earth has quickened which has baffled scientists. The chandler wobble stopped in 2006 for some weird reason before it resumed.

The north pole has been accelerating at a rapid rate heading toward siberia, its going so fast scientists aren't sure why.

So is that enough modern science for you? Or do I have to actually do some more research? I've only been researching it for 2 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

There is a super volcano in california, and there is a supervolcano in wyoming. both of those take our a very large area of the safe mountainous regions. The colorado mountains are the safest place to be if there is going to be a massive flood, they're also located near the center of the usa, where it would take the water longest to reach, so the wave wouldn't be as high.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an interested thread, about this very topic.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I guess you believe that they Sky is falling and do not care to contemplate real life situations. Let me know how things are going for you after 2012 passes by. I'd be interested in hearing your excuses.

The world has a long history of people crying doom and gloom. "The End is Near" is a refrain that has been heard throughout history since mankind first walked the earth. People see all kinds of signs that lead them to conclude that the world is about to end, but they fail to think rationally on whether or not it is probable. Sure, it is possible that the Sun will go out tomorrow, but is it probable?? Nope. I'll be enjoying the sunshine tomorrow and have plans well beyond 2012.

I am even heading to an area later this year that is full of very active volcanoes, has frequent massive earthquakes, along with killer tsunamis, and just to throw in another factor, I will be living within a tribe of real live head hunters. Am I at all worried?? Not one bit. I have been there before and to many places similar, and I do not see doom in every leaf that falls to the ground. You must feel miserable knowing that you only have 1000 days left to live. I hope you make good use of them and enjoy life while you can. It would be shame to waste those days and not do something meaningful.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

This thread is supposed to be about previous doomsdays like 2012. Yet, I have still failed to see a significant date like it. I hope that I am wrong about 2012, and that all the facts I have read and researched are wrong as well. Do you think I like looking these things up? I don't. But I would certainly like to understand why I'm going to die, if I'm going to die. I don't find bliss in ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Two things to consider.
One: The internet is new, and previous predictions of doom did not have the same capacity to spread like wild fire. Such worries were more localized and people could not go looking things up and inventing details based on coincidences and misinformation like they do today.

Two: Previous predictions of Doom were ridiculous failures, and since they never resulted in world wide catastrophe, they were quickly forgotten. No one wants to write down their failures so they are not predictions that you typically hear about. You may hear passing references, but you never hear about anything major as why talk about foolish failed predictions based on ignorance and superstition.

This however does not mean that predictions of doom did not happen, and such tales have long been quite common in human history.

Take 1816 for example. It is sometimes known as "18 hundred and froze to death", or "The Year Without a Summer." Massive snowstorms in June in New England which killed large numbers of people. July and August, the hottest months of the summer, had ice in the rivers and lakes of Pennsylvania. Crop failures nationwide, and Europe and China did not fair well either with similar freezing temperatures all year long. In the US tens of thousands migrated west searching for somewhere they could survive.

People were calling it the end of the world and thought for sure that it was a portend of total destruction. This is the year when Joseph Smith left Vermont, leading to a series of events which culminated into the Book of Mormon being created. For many this was for sure the end of times. Food riots broke out in the UK and France. A major Typhus epidemic broke out in Ireland killing 100,000, lasting three years. Brown snow fell in Hungary and Italy had blood red snow which was taken as a sure sign of imminent death for everyone. This is the year that Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein. It was also a period of low solar activity.

It also happened to be due to one of the largest volcanic explosions the planet has ever known.The famous Krakatoa was much a smaller volcanic explosion in comparison. The explosion of Mt Tambora was so massive it covered the worlds atmosphere in soot. Even today you can still see it's effects in the rings of trees where severely diminished growth rings are quite noticeable.

Yet despite all these signs of certain doom, eh . . . things got better and life went on. Once things warmed back up people forgot all about their portents of doom and laughed it off, as you will once 2012 passes by and the world does not end.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You sir are very right.
Stop and think about it,there havnt been any Doomsday predictions besides 2012.
When I read the OP I relieved that y2k wasn't doomsday like people said,it was only a techno. related incident.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A little more research perhaps:
Evidence & Facts!
www.ec2011.com...
www.the-rabbits-hole.com...
www.poleshift2011.com...
Best Wishes!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN

A little more research perhaps:
Evidence & Facts!
www.ec2011.com...
www.the-rabbits-hole.com...
www.poleshift2011.com...
Best Wishes!

I've been to all of those sites. I've also research almost every aspect of the rabbits hole. I can confirm all of it, except for the spiral petroglyphs.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A wise man called OnceReturned stated about those who believe in such prophecies of doom, not just believe, but WANT to believe:

"Some people want to believe so badly that they interpret obscure fiction and trivial observations as all being evidence of something much bigger going on. They will tell you about this body of fiction and nonsense and call it proof, and they'll have it no other way"

If you already have your answer, you can misinterpret facts such that they can mean what ever you desire.

1816 was not the end of the world and neither will 2012 be the end of the world. I notice that no one who believes in such nonsense is willing to sign over all their assets to someone else due on January 1st 2013. If they are right then they have nothing to lose as the world will end and money will be meaningless. If they are wrong, as they surely are, they are too chicken to put their money where their mouth is and not confident enough in their phony belief system to follow through with direct action.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All we can do about 2012 is look at it and judge for ourselves. You cannot deny the earth is going through some major changes over the past 20 years. All we can do, is look at the world surrounding us, look at what the ancients have told us, and try to piece it together.

I cannot say for certainty that 2012 is real. But at the same time,
I cannot say for certainty that 2012 is not real.

So we have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Or, Not prepare at all and find bliss in ignorance.

The choice is ours to make. My personaly choice, is to look at the evidence surrounding 2012, and take caution. It certainly looks like something is coming to me. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But what if it's all true?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

On august 21 2017 a solar eclipse will pass over the continental US. The first spot it will pass over is Mt Shasta then Yellowstone following to the Arch of St Louis and Hitting it's max over the Georgia Guide stones before heading off into the ocean over the bermuda Triangle....Have fun!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
All we can do about 2012 is look at it and judge for ourselves. You cannot deny the earth is going through some major changes over the past 20 years. All we can do, is look at the world surrounding us, look at what the ancients have told us, and try to piece it together.

I cannot say for certainty that 2012 is real. But at the same time,
I cannot say for certainty that 2012 is not real.

So we have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Or, Not prepare at all and find bliss in ignorance.

The choice is ours to make. My personaly choice, is to look at the evidence surrounding 2012, and take caution. It certainly looks like something is coming to me. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But what if it's all true?

All of the 2012 hype was set into motion years ago to promote the movie....that's all it is. Gorilla Marketing. Seriously, that's all it is. Mayans have no traditions of any of the things the movie promotes. The calender has been adjusted 3 times (western cultures, which are the only ones promoting this or related to it)

Ancients configured to a different looking solar system so trying to use their calculations will not work. Theirs was a time before the sun, when Saturn was the Star of the show after all Saturn is NIBIRU...the star of David...NINIB, Kronous, The bright and morning star and Phosphorus, the all seeing eye.

You ever seen what a diamond head cutting blade can do? it can make an asteroid belt out of a planet with ease...

Set a date and I promise....Guaranteed Failure

[edit on 26-3-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I think you're very much on the ball! I'd be interested in these spiral petrographs, especially the Norway spiral, debunked somewhere on this site, whereas the rabbit hole site sanctions it as a genuine phenomenon. However, if it is a genuine 'sign', what does it mean?

It is so glad to read posts from someone with an open mind, as opposed to those with eyes wide shut on this vital issue.
Keep at it!

mclinking

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i found this video on the subject to be quite interesting. what he's essentially saying is, the constellation draco is depicted in revelation 12 and marks one third of a precessional cycle, 33.3333, which fits the tail of draco in the sky. in other words, he shows you how the passages in revelation 12 are a map of the sky, that depicts the end of a precessional cycle. it doesn't surprise me that the ancient people made elaborate charts of the sky, as they could use it for various things related to harvest, navigation and the construction of buildings.

excerpt from the section of revelation 12

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven,

[edit on 27-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The truth is that no-one knows when the world will end, or even if it it will.

So my advice is to go ahead and enjoy your life with no worries.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If I were to roll the dice and pick a specific date at random, I am certain that I could find just as compelling "Evidence" to prove that on that very exact date the world will end. People have been doing just that for millennia.

People want to believe so badly that they will grasp at any straw and misinterpret it to addd more "proof" that they are right. Most of them have little understanding of the subject matter, and make some very basic scientific errors in their calculations.

The OP began this thread asking about other previous predictions. When shown previous failed predictions, that had very good supporting evidence, they are ignored. No one wants to think rationally, They would rather misinterpret and sensationalize simply because they WANT to believe.

They grasp at the Mayan calendar despite the FACT that it does not in any way or form suggest destruction at any time. Most of them do not even understand Mayan petroglyphs, have never done any serious anthropological research into the culture, and simply take the word of amateur believers as gospel truth. They grasp at an international Airport as a sign of sure destruction, when all it indicates is one more place to lose your luggage. Oh the horror!! The nonsense about the earth passing through Galactic center, is entirely unscientific and more bunk passed on by charlatans for the believers to swallow up. Earthquakes have been happening since the earth was formed and there have been massive earthquakes fare more violent than any we see today, yet this natural and common process is now a symbol of impending destruction of the entire planet. Mt Tambora blew its stack in an explosion so violent that it put the entire world into a deep cold cycle that change the climate world wide, yet it happened long ago and people survived. Today people look at Iceland, which is well known for its volcanic activity and claim that a minor volcano it a sure sign of impending doom.

Look, a leaf just fell on the sidewalk. It must be a sure sign of impending doom!!! I have seen it with my own eyes. All hail the end of the world. Please pass the potato chips and hand me the Xbox controller. I want to kill some zombies before the lights go out.

How many of you will be willing to laugh at your gullibility when 2012 passes by and the world does not come to an end????

How many will be honest and willing to mark their Avatar with a symbol of your gullibility? I challenge all believers to mark their Avatar with the words "I was a fool who believed in 2012" once the date has passed. My guess, you will sheepishly try to slink away and fail to admit your gullibility. You may even make excuses and try to claim another date. What a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

well a calendar is a calendar. some of the symbols used in the ancient writings regarding the calendars, the sky, and how time was measured by our ancestors, may be confusing, but they are still part of our history. i'm personally not in any hurry for the end of the world. i'm just investigating what it all means. i'm not sold on the 2012 date, personally. but that doesn't mean it is or isn't signalling more than the end of the precessional cycle.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You have your lists.

But the 2012 "prophesy" is a bit different. It is the first one which has come to the forefront since the advent of the internet. There have been such predictions based on just as much nothing for hundreds if not thousands of years. The difference is that now hundreds (thousands?) of web pages are devoted to them and millions (billions?) of people have access to them. There are millions of dollars to be made and a lot of people want in on the action.

And people, being what they are, tend to believe that the more something is repeated, the truer it must be.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Phage]

Well plus they made a movie about it so it gots to be real....

I would like to add WEB BOT to the list if it isn't there already.

But does any of this either way validate a single thing about 2012 other than predictions only come to light after they have come to past? That is the biggest argument to 2012, well other than the lack of proof, but 2012 will come and go like other predictions, and then we can move on to the next prediction on 2029 when the large asteroid Apophis will hit the earth.

Maybe if we are lucky in a few hundred years something big happens and they can say it was actually the 2012 prediction, but with the wrong calculations, and of course someone will come up with a calculation that fits, like a used car salesman trying to sell you a car, and they can call 2012 a successful prediction.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

well you covered all the bases,
just in case.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

God told them. That doesn't sit well with me, because why would god tell only them and not the rest of the world. The second one is Aliens told them but that's the same as number one. why only them? Everything else is just guessing? Thoughts?

Cause its just like the military, with different grades and WE are at Bottom, Please understand that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join