It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question everyone ignores.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I ought to add that at first this site is confusing. Go to the heading 'The Coming Earth Changes' and click, then click again until you get the 'Evidence and Facts' section. Click that and voila! It starts with Atlantis as per Egyptian reports, before moving onto other ancient civilisations. It's very long, well backed up and perhaps the most comprehensive site of earth changes on the Web. Best of luck!

mclinking

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And what is 2012's historic support. You have people like Nostradamus whose predictions are so vague they can be made to fit into any time period. You have the Bible, which once again can easily be used to show that any time period is the End Times. You have a Mayan calendar, which experts can't agree on which date it ends. Not to mention that in the one codex we do have there are references to events that take place after the supposed "end" of the calendar. Once again, we also only have one codex in a set, so it's very likely we don't even have the entire calendar. The common belief is that 2012 will be some kind of cosmic event, yet science doesn't support this. The most believable scenario I have heard is that we would pass through the galactic plane at that time, but every scientific estimate I have read says that we passed through it 3,000 years ago, so it will be another 30,000 years before it happens again. I also don't know what conspiracy you are alluding to in your posts.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Pretty much all of the predictions given in those links, are only predicted by people of that time era. Some random guy points to a date and people worry about it. I am not seeing doomsday dates, that were predicted by the ancients. I am not seeing a date that had a whole lot of conspiracy around it. All of the dates I have seen so far, are very much like Y2K. 2012, has a historic background, what other failed doomsday, had a historic background?

OK, so show us where an older civ. pointed to 2012 as being significant. Please don't say China or Mayans. That means nothing. Show us literally where 2012 is referenced as Catastrophic or important. The only civilisation to point toward 2012 is current western civilisation and hollywood, so it's exactly the same. Had there been internet hundreds of years ago it would have been similar to this.

I can guarantee that if nothing happens come 2012, that the new doomsday will be Issac Newton's 2060 prediction. That is if there isn't one in between.

It sounds like you are convinced that older civilisations have alluded to 2012 over and over again because you have been told this or read this over and over. That doesn't make it correct though. I have not seen 1 single piece of 2012 in any ancient anything. Only tv shows and doomsday internet sites. The evidence does not exist anywhere else. I agree that the Denver airport thing is alarming, but we can't say it has anything to do with a Mayan calendar or the I Ching. There is no evidence for that at all. Only tv shows which say that "some believe this".
[edit on 24-3-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Not to mention that he's mentioned Nostradamus in this thread, yet Nostradamus sems to have thought that the world would end in August of 1999.

"The year 1999, seventh month / From the sky will come great king of terror."

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I can be Nostradamus too, watch......

People will starve and be hungry during the arid time.
Rivers will dry up and the soil will crack
babies will cry and many will die
It will last for a while during the time of when it happens

See I have just predicted the next drought somewhere in the world. Nostradamus has to be the biggest fraud there is, and i have no idea why so many are drawn to him still. The man did not pinpoint 1 single event. He basically says some general things and his readers wait centuries for a vague fit.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

First of all, here is an egyptian reference to Dec 21st 2012.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net...

But not only that, the Zodiac, is common in every single civilization ever known to man. It is even common in our world today. The narmer plate, is among the oldest artifacts ever found of the ancient egyptians.

Secondly, denver airport does indeed show a mayan girl, holding up a broken mayan calendar, with what looks like a city in destruction in the back ground.

www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That Egyptian link requires us to actually be able to measure the precession of the equinoxes. All we can really do is estimate their precession. Some estimates say we've already entered the Age of Aquarius, whiles other say that it's still hundreds of years off.

EDIT: Also, you focus on one aspect of that mural and see in it what you want. Her dress is not in keeping with the ancient Mayans. Also, what she's holding does not look like a calendar to me, but just a tablet. Furthermore, as I've already stated the girl is only one part of the mural. What about the Hopi woman, or the Christian girl, or the African American child?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Those Egyptian dates are highly questionable and require a significant amount of conjecture. Arriving at the specific day with such accuracy is more than doubtful. His choice to use 11:57 PM is also Quite suspect. Choose a few minutes different and the results are not the same. Seems like he is cooking the answers by fitting the time frame to suit his agenda and make it appear more plausible. he also makes guesses as to when certain ages began and how long they lasted. Guesses are not science. Read it again and notice he states "It could be argued" and "I suggest" neither of these are statements of certainty but are statements of supposition.

The Mural does not show a Mayan Girl holding a portion of the Mayan calendar. Take a look at the Mayan calendar and you will instantly see that it is quite different.

It seems that you see what you want to see, and not necessarily what is there.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

i just want to know this, because I have never heard of another major doomsday before. Even history channel talks about 2012 being the end. We have the mayans, and the egyptians, and many other things pointing at 2012. They have been pointing at 2012 since the 80's. 2012 has multiple sources from multiple ancients and modern scence. So if I can find just one other day, with as much pointing at it, I'll believe 2012 to be a complete hoax. Until then, 2012 looks pretty damned real to me.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

The Mayans never said it was the end and that is why I dont like the History Channel anymore. Lately they are not telling history, they are leaving things out. I have seen 3 programs with info left out and I just turned the channel after that.
I personally feel 2012 will be an interesting time and I do find it weird that many civilizations have eluded to 2012 but what will really happen? Who knows? Or do they? The one thing about the 2012 movie that freaked me out was the advertisement: "How would the governments of the world prepare the people for the end? They wouldnt" That kind of freaked me out because I truly believe that if something catastrophic is coming and they know about they wont prepare us. They will save themselves and leave the rest to die.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

First of all, here is an egyptian reference to Dec 21st 2012.

ancientegypt.hypermart.net...

But not only that, the Zodiac, is common in every single civilization ever known to man. It is even common in our world today. The narmer plate, is among the oldest artifacts ever found of the ancient egyptians.

Secondly, denver airport does indeed show a mayan girl, holding up a broken mayan calendar, with what looks like a city in destruction in the back ground.

www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

Wait, that Egyptian site in no way says anything about 2012 first of all, secondly it deals with the age of Aquarius which cannot be pinpointed exactly when that will happen. None of the Egyptian items state that, only the guy who runs the webpage. Constellations are spread uneavenly throughout the universe and are subsequently impossible to measure with definite accuracy and boundries. The guy running the website fits them nicely together, but it is far from exact calculated science. Astrology is very popular yes, but that doesn't support your theory.

The girl is holding a broken slab. How is that a calendar??

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I wouldn't bank on that! Civilisations, when hit by this recurrent event, have to start again, knocks them nearly back to the stone age. The Atlantis one - 8800 BC - stopped history until the Sumerians arrived 4000 years later. The 1588 BC event (the last big one) is well documented, plus the 568 AD event (Dark Ages) are worth looking into.

mclinking

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's a mayan girl holding something, with a city burning in the background.

Can you honestly tell me all the murals at denver airport are just meaningless art? People are disturbed by the murals. They have asked to have them taken down countless times. Look at the other murals, and tell me you don't see some really weird stuff. Who wants to see any of that before getting on an airplane? What about the 32 foot tall horse outside the airport? It's eyes glow red at night. It's creepy. Gargoyles on the wall? Masonic square and compass on the time capsule? samsonite briefcase, samsonite = masonsite. 4 billion over budget? Built at the base of the tallest mountains in the usa? Built on a level plain, yet they moved 1/3 of the panama canal worth of dirt? First buildings fully completed, then said they were poorly constructed and buried them? Rebuilt airport on top of fully completed buildings? Kevlar roof, good at deflecting sunlight? Strange writings on the ground, one of them meaning tallow river in ancient navaho? The tallow river isn't far from the airport, where there are thousands of acres of crop land and water reservoirs? A fuel system capable of pumping thousands of gallons per minute through 28 mile pipes? That's more fuel than anywhere else on the planet?

And you're gonna tell me this airport is just a regular airport?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Speaking of Y2K, a similar bug is due to happen in 2038, caused by 32bit operating systems running out of room to store epoch time in a 32bit integer.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Don't swallow this about the film 2012 whose subtitle is "We were warned". TPTB have covered themselves. The events are based on the crustal displacement theory, not the Maya prediction. TPTB know full well that disaster movies are popular with the public as entertainment, so they felt confident that the truth of the forthcoming disaster would be swallowed and conveniently forgotten. This is the Ultimate Irony!

mclinking

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

One way to find out. Set your year for 2037, and make it 11:59pm

If your computer crashes, then you'll know. That is what I did when Y2K was around, and my computer went through it just fine lol

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't know what will happen in 2012, But all I do know without looking in the past, Is that things are happening now. Governments know something we don't they are building things that don't make sense. All I personally believe is something is going to happen in 2012 I don't know what but something will.

Governments can hide things very will from the public, and manage to keep other people quiet. They will simply not tell us what, There would be huge panic.

There is no point in telling people not to panic, Because you can't possibly know what will happen unless you have been to the future and seen it.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I cant even begin to talk about how wrong you are on many of the statements you make about the Denver Airport. I wonder where you get your inaccurate information from, because it sounds like you have been fed a package of misinformation and ate it up hook line and sinker.

There are 24 US mountains that are taller than anything found in the Front Range near Denver, (13 if you choose to include the Sawatch Range which is a bit farther away from Denver) yet you claim that the airport is right below the tallest mountain in the US. The information you present is way off base on a number of items and misinterprets others, and I'll just leave it at that.

The Denver airport does not spell the end of the world in 2012 by any means.

[edit on 25/3/10 by Terapin]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ok I'm sorry, let me rephrase my statement.

Denver airport is built at the base of the tallest, safe mountains in the usa. Because all the other tall mountains are in earthquake zones, or massive volcanoes.

So, where else was I wrong?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They have been pointing at 2012 since the 80's. 2012 has multiple sources from multiple ancients and modern scence. So if I can find just one other day, with as much pointing at it, I'll believe 2012 to be a complete hoax. Until then, 2012 looks pretty damned real to me.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

PLEASE give me ONE example of modern science predicting 2012 as doomsday. Just one from an accredited scientist that says he/she has verifiable scientific proof that the world will come to an end in 2012.

And remember, the 80's also gave us Oingo Boingo, Wham, and Millie Vanillie so I wouldn't put too much stock in anything coming out of that decade.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ok I'm sorry, let me rephrase my statement.

Denver airport is built at the base of the tallest, safe mountains in the usa. Because all the other tall mountains are in earthquake zones, or massive volcanoes.

So, where else was I wrong?

Not even close. There are indeed other taller mountains in the US that are not in earthquake zones or volcanoes. Where are you getting your misinformation from?

As I stated previously, Denver is located in the Front Range mountains. The tallest Front Range mountain is Greys Peak, which is the 25th tallest in the US. Of those 24 other taller mountains only a couple of them can be considered to be somewhat active, mostly dormant volcanoes or in an area that experiences some form of earthquakes. Those 24 taller mountains are safely climbed by mountaineers and when there is danger it is due to the difficulty of the climb and not earthquakes or volcanic activity.

Mt. Whitney in California for example, which is the 11th tallest mountain in the US (13 mountains taller than Greys Peak near Denver) even has a stone Hut on the summit which has been there for a long time and is not effected by earthquakes, nor is Whitney Volcanic.Photo You really need to learn more about the subject before you go making wildly inaccurate claims.

Perhaps you should do a little research before you go believing every tall tale about the Denver airport being some kind of symbol of impending doom. You have swallowed a fair piece of misinformation without even questioning it. I have flown in and out of the Denver airport a number of times, it is a pleasant place despite being a very busy international airport, and while the Mural is distinct, it is not at all an overly radical form of modern art, the likes of which you can see hanging in museums in many parts of the nation. There is no Mayan girl holding a piece of the Mayan calendar. People who make that claim simply misrepresent the facts. There are hispanic people in the mural, reflecting the historical hispanic population of the west, but there are no Mayan symbols one could call calendar glyphs.

Major construction projects often go over budget, particularly when government money is involved. When you consider that the Denver airport is one of the largest in the US, and is a busy international airport serving numerous airlines, it is only natural that a great deal of money was spent on it, and is still being spent as it continues to expand to meet growing demand. Is the "Big Dig" in Boston suspect because it went massively over budget and moved huge amounts of dirt? Construction projects also at times have miscalculations and parts may be dug under and started over. It happens.

When 2012 rolls bye and the world does not end, I hope you get a chance to fly through the Denver Airport and see for yourself what a pleasant airport it is. There are other US airports that are not at all as pleasant to travel through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join