It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question everyone ignores.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
another list
www.abhota.info...

also--look up William Miller, and the Millerite movement

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

before I comment and question, I want to emphasis, "NO OFFENSE".

OP: What age you are?

I mean, throughout mankind history there are so many doomsday predictions, even ones from different and many sources. Throughout my humble 30 years on Earth, moved from Europe to Asia, any location and place have some kind of apocalypse predictions, and many of those are coming from multiple sources, but all always lead to one very often invalid and or fake source.

Maybe you should do more resources by yourself before opening a thread like this challenging and asking others to do what you should do by yourself.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

One of the reason why you can't find a single event with as many collaborative sources is because the sources used are so vague and general they could be applied to any time period. This is not the first time people have claimed that sources like the Bible and Nostradamus have all converged on a single date. It's just that when the date comes and goes with nothing happening people claim that the sources were misinterpreted and they move on to the next date. All throughout history people have believed they were living in the end times and have pointed to claims made by prophets, sages, seers, etc. as proof. Yet, here we stand today. People like Nostradamus are simply the modern world's answer to the Oracle at Delphi.

There's also the fact that experts can't even agree on what date the Mayan calendar "ends." December 21, 2012 just happens to be the closest date that some experts have calculated. Furthermore, the Mayans had numerous codices outlining their beliefs and what not, yet we have only recovered one. So, how can we even be certain we have the entirety of the calendar?

2012 is truly like every other doomsday prophecy that has ever been uttered. People claim that it has more support than the others, but when the day comes and goes with nothing happening, people forget about the prediction, and then someone else uses the exact same sources to predict another date. At which point, once again, people freak out, and the cycle continues.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Excellent point Phage.

And when you break down that info on the web, you will see that there is nothing definitive in any cultural myth or history that points to 2012 being the specific time of change or disaster.

People wanting attention, money or both have twisted some of these myths to best suit their agenda's

A great example of this is the Mayan calendar.

Major Jenkins, WilCock and others have spouted the 2012 date as fact for years and have become quite wealthy and (in)famous from doing so.

However, current Mayan elders are not so specific, although they do believe that this is a time of change and we are coming to the end of a cycle.

There are 13 Katuns and we are living at the end of the last one. So this is the time when we don't know exactly if it is going to be 2012 or if it is going to be later on. Because 2012 is a Gregorian date, sometimes it does not coincide with the Mayan calendar.

Source

But it is human nature to want to know the details. It make us feel like we have real knowledge.

That's why the charlatans choose a specific date.

[edit on 24/3/10 by Horza]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm not a huge believer in 2012 but the OP has a good point.
Phage; the internet has been around for awhile so your answer is mute. There's been plently of time to list multiple sources in a particular prophecy but it hasn't happened.Just the usual one offs.
Also you ,as the local expert, should know better than anyone how little the experts know or see.
Wasn't there a BIG ROCK that came close not so long ago? How much notice did we have?? Maybe someone knows something you don't..It is possible Phage.........
Anyways, If the OP is right about 2012 the good news is none of you skeptics will have to apologise!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I'll be the first in line.
I promise.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Great, that answered all my questions of you..
No second line required..

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
posted on 3/24/10 at 01:46

Nasa is a government agency that will do what-ever it takes to prevent a national hysteria.
The government is its own global zone and guards its own, due to the lack of proper resources to save the world they would only give information out that would prevent global upheaval!!
Why would the government be honest about what is really going on?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by lpennisi]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I hope I am wrong about 2012. I want the debunkers to win this one.

But 2012 really does have a little too much conspiracy behind it to ignore. I'm not the type of person to fall for things easily. I have never been able to be religious because there is simply to much contradictions and not enough evidence. But with 2012, there came a point where it just became one coincidence too many. Even the economy is scheduled to collapse in 2012, as if they never planned for it to go any longer.

Things like the denver airport and the georgia guidestones exist.

Those two things have no need to exist, unless they are literally telling us something is coming. The georgia guidestones are so massive, they would withstand almost any force of destruction thrown at them. They will be there after a major flood sweeps across the earth, they'll be there after major volcanic eruptions. The only thing that would destroy them, is if a massive meteor hit them directly. They cost millions to build, but someone who did not want to be named. They have a message on the them, in multiple languages, including ancient egyptians, and ancient greek, making sure that whoever stumbles across them, will for sure, be able to read it. The stones message, does not make any sense for todays world. They would make perfect sense, in a world with few people. I do not believe that some guy was bored and decided to spend 100 million dollars on a stone that meant nothing. That' just doesnt make any sense to me. The georgia guidestones, are a modern day stonehenge. And in 5,000 years, people will look at them in wonder, just like we do stonehenge today. The georgia guidestones, have no other reason to be there.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lpennisi

They would never tell anyone until it happened. But there would be a lot of conspiracy until it happen. hmm sounds familiar.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I really don't know what to think. Way too much happening in the last few years.
I'd just like to see some posters actually answer your question instead of all the lacklustre comments they make with no links.
The Guidestones or Denver airport don't mention 2012 that I'm aware of so what can I say?

Fact is no one knows what will happen or who to believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Have you looked at the NASA website? It's a joke, they have not at any time posted the progressive changes and are trying to distract the public from what is going on. It is not a doomsday hoey minoey, but a reality and they are minimizing it with smiles and reassurance. It is condescending!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The Y2k thing was a complete farce, it was a simple thing to get companies to buy extra software to stop their computer systems from failing at the turn of the century, I don't know a single person who actually purchased such software, but their computers still went on as they always did, just another money making scare tactic by the powers that be, and it worked to, thousands of companies paid through the nose for this stupid bit of software they didn't need,

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The best link I've found is www.ec2011.com
This site gives factual evidence of ancient witnesses of what they SAW of previous Earth catastrophes. It is very extensive and well-documented. I mention this site because I feel one should put the cart before the horse. As for prophecy, in the light of solid scientific evidence of a recurring disastrous phenomenon, it is irrelevant. You can use it, if you like, to back up the inevitable in 2012. But the something that is coming is detailed in this link. There's a LOT here to consider. Hope it helps.

mclinking

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I am still waiting for someone to name a date in particular.

What with people sending links to like 50 different dates. Pick one date that was significant! Just one date that meant something in the past. It would have been documented as a failure, but it would still be documented. When were the ancients wrong about a doomsday scenario? When was the last date like dec 21st? I understand the internet has over sensationalized 2012, but that doesn't mean previous doomsday we're almost as popular. They would have been well documented of peopling living in fear and so on. Show me a date!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Thanks for that link I'll check it out tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Well, in 2800 BC some Assyrians seemed to think the world was coming to an end naming corruption as a sign of the end. Many Romans believed their empire would be destroyed in 634 BC based on a prophecy supposedly told to Romulus that said Rome would fall 120 years after its founding. Other Romans used the same prophecy to point to the year 389 BC as the end. Many first century Christians believed Jesus would return in their lifetime based on a passage where this is seemingly implied. Numerous people predicted that the year 500 would mark the End as it was supposedly 6000 years after the Creation. Another interesting date is March 25, 970, when the Annunciation and Good Friday fell on the same day. This was believed to have occurred on such days as the day Adam was created, Isaac was sacrificed, the Red Sea parted, and the brith and death of Jesus.

These are just a few predictions that ancient people made, but I can keep going if you want.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Someone above me has alluded to William Miller. You didn't acknowledge that link with his failed dates, yet you thank someone for posting a link supporting doomsday scenarios. It seems you are only interested in reading about death to come, not death that didn't. ppl have indeed posted what you asked for already.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I offer you this link

www.abhota.info...

They would have been well documented of peopling living in fear and so on. Show me a date!

As You Wish

Feb 1, 1524

The End would occur by a flood starting in London on February 1 (Julian), according to calculations some London astrologers made the previous June. Around 20,000 people abandoned their homes, and a clergyman stockpiled food and water in a fortress he built. (Sound familiar? It's just like the doomsday cultists and Y2K nuts of today!) As it happened, it didn't even rain in London on that date. (Randi p.236-237)

Another?

Fall 1694

Drawing from theology and astrology, German prophet Johann Jacob Zimmerman determined that the world would end in the fall of 1694. Zimmerman gathered a group of pilgrims and made plans to go to America to welcome Jesus back to Earth. However, he died in February of that year, on the very day of departure. Johannes Kelpius took over leadership of the cult, which was known as Woman in the Wilderness, and they completed their journey to the New World. Fall came and went and, needless to say, the cultists were profoundly disappointed at having traveled all the way across the Atlantic just to be stood up by Jesus. (Cohen p.19-20)

20th century examples here

morechristlike.com...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Pretty much all of the predictions given in those links, are only predicted by people of that time era. Some random guy points to a date and people worry about it. I am not seeing doomsday dates, that were predicted by the ancients. I am not seeing a date that had a whole lot of conspiracy around it. All of the dates I have seen so far, are very much like Y2K. 2012, has a historic background, what other failed doomsday, had a historic background?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join