It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Rallying Cry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think by the time that November rolls around, the GOP isn't going to be impressed with the amount of seats they pick up. I don't think that the American people are going to take this partisan bull crap any longer.

Really people? Don't take advice from Newt Gingrich, this is the man that in 1995 shut down the Federal Government twice because of a partisan hissey fit with then President Clinton over the federal budget. He is also one of the co authors of the failed Contract with America A GOP vote getting ploy.

I can see a new "Contract with America" coming, but hopefully some remember history enough to know that the GOP has no interest in fixing our countries problems.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Not to mention...Newt Gingrich was a big advocate for and voted FOR NAFTA...which has hurt our economy tremendously.

He's a POS....a neo-con...and the world would be better if he was completely out of politics.

I agree with you though...I don't think Republicans are going to make the gains that they are claiming they will get.

Now they have to hope that health care is a total failure...which IMO...it won't be...even though I don't technically agree with how it was done. It will still help people.

There are so many lies coming out right now...none of us know for sure exactly what will be done...although I do know there are some good things in the bill that will definitely help people.

Republicans went all in by completely going against HCR....if it succeeds and helps the country...then their goose is cooked.

They tried to do to Obama what they did to Clinton...and they failed. Obama did what LBJ did to get medicare passed...he cut deals with the health industry. It was the only way he could get it done. The current politic climate, and the money involved...just didn't make a public option viable...although now I think it's in our future.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Republicans need to rally around strong family values and a major crackdown of drug use.
Republicans need to push hard against marijuana use.
How can the dippy liberals scream against cigarette smoking and cheer for marijuana smoking? That is the most ludicrous hypocritical nonsense I've ever heard. All the wacky liberals want to smoke pot and get free health care.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I for one believe we are going to see a huge backlash against the Democrats this voting season. A lot of people committed political suicide by voting for the HC bill and we may see a Republican resurgence out of the emotional response we are seeing. The balance of power always shifts back and forth between the Right and the Left in this country and IMO that is the problem. The partisan bickering is killing us but I doubt that much will change anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What scares me the most is that this dumbass could be right. Imagine the Republicans retaking the House and Senate in 2010, then the presidency in 2012. Imagine who they will elect, they are saying after every Jimmy Carter(Barack Obama) There will be a Reagan. Could anyone even imagine a nightmare scenario where there could be a new Reagan with a Republican congress(House + Senate), obviously the next 'Reagan' would be far more right-wing than Reagan himself. I am scared America, I am very scared of our possible future.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Republicans need to rally around strong family values and a major crackdown of drug use.

Republicans aren't doing very well in either of those areas, and they certainly aren't practicing what they preach.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
How can the dippy liberals scream against cigarette smoking and cheer for marijuana smoking? That is the most ludicrous hypocritical nonsense I've ever heard. All the wacky liberals want to smoke pot and get free health care.

Exactly!!!

We need to spread freedoms to Iraqers and Afganistanians

Marijuana kills for people than all the world wars combined which is why they always is starting wars on peoples.

I think the only way to get stronger family values is to make families practice them stuffs in the home!!! It is what government is for- FREEDOMS!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Marijuana use, seriously? Why?

Smoking tobacco kills people, lots of them, horribly, believe me I have weird pictures of brown lungs and people without throats on my packs of smokes when I buy them here in the UK. Now I am all about people having the right to smoke their cigarettes, but the same with their weed too.

The so-called "Drug War" in America has been an incredibly expensive failure. Now I am not advocating making all drugs legal but weed is a no brainer to me. Make it safe, legal and slap a nice tax on it. That's income right there that is going untapped. There are tons of arguments I could make right here as to why legitimizing the sale of weed is a good idea but what I am really curious as to is why you really think it should be cracked down upon so heavily?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Because sadly there are people who believe that the war on drugs can be won. Take out one drug lord and two will rise in his place. Lots of lives and money have been wasted in this endeavor and what is there to show for it?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yep and all the stupid sheeple will vote the republicans back into power and they won't repeal health care but they will spend more on wars of aggression and likely take us into Iraq if we don't get there before hand. When will people ever learn the Republican Democrat BS is just a dog and pony show and we get screwed either way. They are all criminals and traitors everyone one of them!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

What?

What does this have to do with anything?

I almost can't believe I'm reading this right now. Someone must have slipped me some wacky liberal pot brownies.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You wanna know what these folks at Fox said about the Patriot act?

Glenn Beck

Now, after 9/11, you remember we came up with all kinds of new — aggressive, new laws to combat a new kind of enemy. One of them was the Patriot Act. Another one was the Protection — Protest (Protect)America Act. This was an extension of our eavesdropping. It helped our government listen in and find terrorists.

transcripts.cnn.com...

Hannity on the Patriot act:

Should We Even Debate the Patriot Act and NSA Wiretapping?

crooksandliars.com...

We both know that Hannity and Glenn Beck were verymuch in support of of the Iraq war. What about the idea of withdrawal?

And three, the Democrats in Congress, I believe many of them, are just plain stupid. They can’t see the future. It’s a combination of all three. Meanwhile, they’re not only playing with the lives of our troops, but they are playing with the lives of the Iraqi people.

It is immoral for us to do what we’re doing right now, to abandon these people and let them get slaughtered after we started it. If we did that now, this would be America’s most shameful act of immorality since slavery. The blood of the Iraqi children will be on all of our hands.

transcripts.cnn.com...

Anybody using Fox news as a source for how this bill is unconstitutional is equally responsible for being a hypocrite. There is absolutely no excuse.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am not sure about a neo-con, but I do not think that Newt is the rallying spokesman.

My predictions:

Republicans pick up 4 seats in the Senate and 14 in the House. They will pick up 3 governors seats, but since Washington has been in full throttle to make States a minor player within the Federal Government, it will not matter.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The Republicans are under the illusion they're conservatives. They're barely different from the Democrats. In fact there are a few Democrat conservatives.

Although Fox News appears to be less centric than other news sources, it's the only News source that isn't controlled by the government. Listen to MSNBC, you might as well be listening to the Obama channel.

The people are rallying, against Taxes, against an overbearing government. But it's not for either party, it's against the powers in office.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
The Republicans are under the illusion they're conservatives. They're barely different from the Democrats. In fact there are a few Democrat conservatives.

Although Fox News appears to be less centric than other news sources, it's the only News source that isn't controlled by the government.

It is influenced by this government, by Republican representitives. It was influenced by the previous administration. They are just the talking points media outlet for the Republicans, for the Neocons and that that.

Listen to MSNBC,

MSNBC had Howard Dean, former Democrat leader, as a contributor and spare presenter. What more do you want me to say?

The people are rallying, against Taxes, against an overbearing government. But it's not for either party,

In this involves the credibility of Fox news how...? Your not actually say that above applies to Fox news are ya?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The sad thing is that people are listening. It is the same thing with the Tea party. So close to having an overthrow within the republican party and the corporations come in and secure the vote for them again. America has already forgotten that Obama isn't the only one that is killing our constitution. Two heads to the serpent. It isn't going to end anytime soon i'm afraid. They have us divided with partisan bickering and while we are busy TPTB are busy laughing and raking in our wealth.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What scares me the most is that this dumbass could be right. Imagine the Republicans retaking the House and Senate in 2010, then the presidency in 2012. Imagine who they will elect, they are saying after every Jimmy Carter(Barack Obama) There will be a Reagan. Could anyone even imagine a nightmare scenario where there could be a new Reagan with a Republican congress(House + Senate), obviously the next 'Reagan' would be far more right-wing than Reagan himself. I am scared America, I am very scared of our possible future.

This is how Hitler came into power.

Germany suffered tremendously after the WW1 debacle led by the far right, for a full decade the left held power in Germany. By the end of the 1920's the far-right NAZI party had the public believing all their woes were the result of the leftist communists in government and the backroom deals made by the wealthy Jews. The NAZI's gained a tremendous majority in 1930 and '32 and the Third Reich was started.

In the age of instant internet news and 24/7 news channels perhaps we're on the same path, only expedited.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Are you talking about the TPM as an extreme right neo nazi revolution?

I mean I can see it, except it would probably be more of a tyrannical theocracy.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Yes. There are some conservatives in this country that would love nothing more than to take complete control, silence the opposition and put their Judeo-Christian beliefs on the lawbooks.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?
I haven't watched TV in over 2 years;
It looks like you are trying to place blame on a certain political party;
when it actuality; you all were involved;
Your brainwashing bull# does not work over here;
you are scum that got bribed for a vote;
who the hell elected you?
do you consider a contest like "MISS UNIVERSE" when all the judges gets paid to vote for a certain person 'not corrupt?
THIS ANGER I FEEL IS FROM THE DEEPEST HEART OF MY SOUL

new topics

top topics

join